Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fix the Force

Veteran
    vCash
    I would like to see tessman start - i think that cheese has been a bit too quiet, and i rate tessmans agression at impact and breakdown.

... and go ...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    ... and go ...
    You're expecting to be lambasted aren't you?

I don't think we're at the point where there are ANY bad suggestions

C'mon the

vCash
    Foley will not bench Wykes until Hodgo is ready (really hope I'm wrong)

He's made a bad decision. But he does not strike me as a man who will admit such a mistake.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    What we need is that player group who played for each other and were a defensive unit ready to do anything for the team.

Not sure where they've gone, but if they could please come back soon so that it's actually really difficult for the oppo to score a try I'm sure I'm not the only one in here who'd appreciate it a lot.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    What we need is that player group who played for each other and were a defensive unit ready to do anything for the team.

Not sure where they've gone, but if they could please come back soon so that it's actually really difficult for the oppo to score a try I'm sure I'm not the only one in here who'd appreciate it a lot.
    I was saying today to a friend that they aren't playing as a team this year. No one running of the ball carriers shoulder, no one backing up the tackle, no one has an idea what's happening next! Very frustrating to watch.
    We need more 2/3 man pods instead of the one at a time were we are either stopped dead or driven back. We need to following the ball and not letting said ball carrier get isolated.
    TBH I didn't realise how much Hodgo holds this team together!

May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    I would like to see tessman start - i think that cheese has been a bit too quiet, and i rate tessmans agression at impact and breakdown.

... and go ...
    No problem in my eye.
    Wouldn't have a problem starting Heiberg either, especially being back in the Republic.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    No one running of the ball carriers shoulder, no one backing up the tackle, no one has an idea what's happening next! Very frustrating to watch.
    Understatement of the season Snob, especially with the ground Mafi makes, if he's anywhere near the ball there should be two Loosies sprinting to support him. Bloody schoolboy stuff.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    If we look back to last year, we will recall Junior broke his arm against Otago- I think that was the 4th game of the season. Kyle did his knee against the Cheetahs-5th or 6th game- I'm unsure. Is it possible both of them have been selected as a centre combination on reputation and the deeds of others.
    I have said on more than on occasion and I will say it again-Sammy is not strong enough to play super rugby effectively. One of his stats I have read on this site was against the Brumbies he had 7 runs for 5 metres. that is an average of just under 714mm each. Stretch your arm out to a closed fist and measure it- don't be suprised to find it a little further. I watched the replay of the Rebels game. Any rucks or mauls he hit didn't budge and any tackles he made didn't jolt the attacker. Sammy might be a really nice guy and he might try really hard, but his effectiveness eludes any observation I have made of him.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    We are missing Jayden big time and Longbottom more. Having Dane out has compounded the problem. Last year our scrum was competing with the top dogs now we struggle with the chimps. Can't even align my thoughts properly

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    We are missing Jayden big time and Longbottom more. Having Dane out has compounded the problem. Last year our scrum was competing with the top dogs now we struggle with the chimps. Can't even align my thoughts properly
    This is the part I find most frustrating! Kbomb couldn't make the Wallabies! Tetra can! WTF is happening to our scrum? We are pathetic! This week we were almost bloody horizontal! You can't exert any pressure from that position. WTF!
    As you said last year even the Saffas were scared of our scrum! Now only the local girl guides!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Red Carded
    vCash
    This post is a fairy tale
    It wouldn't matter where you put any of them they are simply not up to it
    The rebels looked flat after the bye and struggled to get the rythem and aggression they showed in the first 2 weeks but stool came out on top
    A good team would have grabbed the game by its horns and steam rolled them as the rebels were going through the motions
    What do the force do bring ebberson on and kick the ball away
    That's what they do best kick the ball away and give teams counter attack practice
    The amount of harden force fans on saw on Friday leaving with there heads down in disbelief was disturbing and I think lucky they are off to SA
    Out of site out of mind
    They are genuine crap there is no fix it pull your heads out of the sand and go back to support community rugby

vCash
    Selection should be about form, so Rasolea & Wykes look to be out at the moment. I most certainly agree that rasolea looks like he got dragged off a local mungo match to play in the blue ... he has to sharpen his act and get on the wing.
    Holmes's accelaration has been spoken about, but Foote appears not to have used it in any attacking plays when they have got possession, so if he's the current solution to the neve ending 10 problem, play to his strengths.

More worrying is the apparent ease Mike Harris danced through very little fo rthe first try. I thought they were working on basic defence but the line was always staggered and its speed was inconsistent ... the Bulls will smash through a replay of the defensive perfoemance.
    Mr Wessels ... take centre stage and watch Wales v Ireland for a clue

vCash
    I like Zac H at 10. I'll admit he's still a work in progress. But he's getting there well I think.. I'd leave him there. I like Sias also.. I just prefer Zac. Also he and Luke B combined really well on a few occasions last game.

Junior R frustrates me with his "stop for a millisecond after catching the ball" thing. If we could get him to run onto the ball like Kyle G does, things would be allot better in the 3/4 line.

In other news.. Hire a plane, a hairdresser and some commandos and go and steal Vincent Koch..

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Player
    vCash
    No one has mentioned Paddy Dellit, he must be well out of favour. Would have to be a better pick than Burton who is just too small to be hitting the ball up. All the good small payers in super 15's are elusive and are quick, he is not.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    This post is a fairy tale
    It wouldn't matter where you put any of them they are simply not up to it
    The rebels looked flat after the bye and struggled to get the rythem and aggression they showed in the first 2 weeks but stool came out on top
    A good team would have grabbed the game by its horns and steam rolled them as the rebels were going through the motions
    What do the force do bring ebberson on and kick the ball away
    That's what they do best kick the ball away and give teams counter attack practice
    The amount of harden force fans on saw on Friday leaving with there heads down in disbelief was disturbing and I think lucky they are off to SA
    Out of site out of mind
    They are genuine crap there is no fix it pull your heads out of the sand and go back to support community rugby
    a lot of us support both-if you can't bring yourself to,that's your problem & probably time you go back to living under a bridge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast