Thread: FAULKNER REMAINS WITH FORCE THROUGH TO 2017

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

FAULKNER REMAINS WITH FORCE THROUGH TO 2017

WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Western Force and Wallabies prop Tetera Faulkner has re-committed to the Western Australian club and Australian rugby for a further two seasons – through to the end of 2017.

Faulkner’s re-signing continues the club’s consolidation of its front-row stocks, with Pek Cowan, Nathan Charles and Oliver Hoskins having already renewed their stays with the club to the end of 2016.

Faulkner, 26, initially began his career with the Force as an injury cover during the 2011 season, before developing himself into a starting member of the squad over the past four seasons.

The powerful and versatile front-rower, who has played 31 matches for the Force, was recognised for his consistent form through 2014 when he was called into the Wallabies squad for the end of the Rugby Championship, before being selected for the Spring Tour.

Faulkner made his Test debut in Australia’s 33-28 win over Wales at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, before earning a further cap against Ireland in Dublin.

Faulkner says he’s pleased to have locked in the next two seasons in Perth.

“I know this is the best for me to be playing my rugby – we have a great bunch of boys and a great coaching staff which made this a pretty easy decision,” he said. ““We’ve absolutely loved living in Perth; my family has now grown up here for the last four years and its somewhere that just feels like home.

“I’ve learned a lot during my time with the Force – particularly over the past two seasons. It’s been great having Foles [Head Coach, Michael Foley] coming in. Being a fellow front-rower, I’ve learned a lot from him, and Footey [Attack/Backs Coach, Kevin Foote] and Blood [Senior Assistant Coach, Dave Wessels] have been great in developing other areas of my game.

“It’s been fantastic to be a part of this team. There aren’t any egos, and everyone’s determined to play for each other. Following the success we had last year, I feel like there are some exciting times around this group and I was very keen to be a part of that.”

Western Force Head Coach Michael Foley says he’s pleased to maintain another member of his current starting front row.

“Tet’s worked hard over the last two seasons to firstly establish himself in the match 23 and then to achieve more starts in the run-on team. We were all thrilled to see his efforts rewarded with Wallabies selection last year.

“Importantly, it takes a lot of perseverance and hard work to become a world class #3 and ‘Tet’ has shown a real appetite for the challenge.

“As our focus has been to retain, develop and promote from within, we’re extremely pleased to have players like Tet continuing to see their future with the Force.”

The Western Force has returned to Perth for its opening home match of the season against the Wellington Hurricanes on Friday (27 February).

Tickets to Western Force’s opening home match of the season against the Wellington Hurricanes are now available! Visit www.westernforce.com.au.

Name: Tetera Faulkner
    Born: 26/07/1988, Tauranga, NZ
    Position: Prop
    Height: 178cm
    Weight: 117kg
    Super Rugby caps: 31
    Super Rugby points: 0
    Super Rugby debut: 2011 v Rebels, Melbourne
    Test caps: 2
    Test points: 0
    Test debut: 2014 v Wales, Cardiff
    Representative Rugby: 2014 Wallabies, 2008 Australian Under 20, 2007 Australian Under 19, 2006 Australian Schoolboys

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Wallaby prop Faulkner re-signs with Force

AAP
    February 24, 2015, 11:41 am

Wallabies prop Tetera Faulkner has re-signed with the Western Force for a further two seasons, tying him to the Perth-based franchise until 2017.

Faulkner began his career at the Force on an injury-cover contract in 2011, but he has since developed into a starting member of the squad.

The 26-year-old's commitment comes at an important time for the Force, who will be looking to draft in another prop after Francois van Wyk was ruled out for the remainder of the season because of a torn pectoral.

Local club prop Joe Savage is on standby for Friday night's clash with the Hurricanes in Perth.

Faulkner took a year away from rugby in 2009 to work as a labourer.

But his strong form for the Force in recent seasons earned him a Wallabies call-up last year for the end of the Rugby Championship and then the Spring Tour.

Faulkner made his Test debut in Australia's 33-28 win over Wales at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium, before earning a further cap against Ireland in Dublin.

He has now played 31 matches for the Force, and said he felt his development would be best served by staying in Perth.

"I know this is the best for me to be playing my rugby," Faulkner said.

"We have a great bunch of boys and a great coaching staff which made this a pretty easy decision.

"It's been fantastic to be a part of this team.

"There aren't any egos, and everyone's determined to play for each other."

The Force will be aiming to rebound from their 18-6 loss to the Reds when they confront the unbeaten Hurricanes.

Winger Nick Cummins is a slim chance to play against the Hurricanes after arriving back in Perth from Japan over the weekend, but flanker Chris Alcock (ankle) will miss through injury.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...ns-with-force/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!