Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hows your club looking for 2015??

Player
    vCash
    Ryan Black wasn't dropped from 1s, he was trying to be qualified for finals .[/QUOTE]

Good news on Ryan and good to hear some positives. I know we talk shit here but either the above is lie or the coaching staff are stupid!!!! Lets get this straight with 4 rounds to both 1&2s were chances of making finals and we drop our best player down to 2s to help them out c'mon i sugest you edit that one bro!!( and ill delete this one)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Buck; 24-01-15 at 19:41.

Prospect
    vCash
    RugbyWA to Player: Did Joondalup offer you money to move

Last edited by jiger; 10-02-15 at 15:43.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    It's been a bad time for overseas player recruitment I'm told.

New Zealand has a competent Government and a passable Prime Minister and their economy is booming.

What have we got to offer overseas players?

Iron ore globally has gone through the floor, and ditto with gas, petroleum and mining generally.

The Australian Government has decided it does not want a manufacturing industry, and most agricultural products are either suffering from the climate change which doesn't officially exist, drought, and over supply and under demand for some products.

The Alternative Energy Industry has had it's legs cut from under it to support a dirty coal industry whose production nobody wants, and education has been priced out of reach by Government policy.

The cost of housing is now the highest it has ever been.

There have been no real wage rises in nearly two years.

Each state is haemorrhaging jobs at an alarming rate, and WA faster than all the others, including Tasmania.

Bankruptcies and Liquidations are spiralling upwards like a tornado.

Our dollar has lost almost 25% of it's value over the last eight months.

In short, my friends, we're economically fucked.

Ask you club president, secretary or treasurer how much sponsorship they have for this season.

They will tell you (if they are honest) that they have lost over half of last year's sponsorships, have not gained any new ones, and those few they retain are mostly from club members, who do it out of loyalty and because it comes out of other peoples' money, mostly soon to be disappointed creditors.

So there's little money for recruitment, no jobs going spare, and no motivation for overseas players to move here.

Poaching seems like a good option to me.

Or better, move up your under 20's.

Quick.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    [QUOTE=wholetruth;391969]Word on the street - HEAPS.

The wholetruth ?
    Nothing like the truth !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    money can't buy you a team.
    money CAN buy you a team, it just can't buy you results (unless you're the Waratahs)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Ryan Black wasn't dropped from 1s, he was trying to be qualified for finals .
    Good news on Ryan and good to hear some positives. I know we talk shit here but either the above is lie or the coaching staff are stupid!!!! Lets get this straight with 4 rounds to both 1&2s were chances of making finals and we drop our best player down to 2s to help them out c'mon i sugest you edit that one bro!!( and ill delete this one)[/QUOTE]

There were a few players played in both 1 and 2s over the course of the 2nd round to qualify them for finals if only one side made finals. If you remember last year , we were slipping out of contention for finals in 1s with a very tough last 4 games (Neddies, Cott, Uni and Soaks. Even though we beat Cott.) which determined how the coaches went about selecting teams.
    Like i said most, if not all, perth clubs stack teams heading towards finals to give themselves the best possible chance of winning premierships. From memory the Pally side our 2s played in the finals had some 6 or 7 first grade players in it.
    I dont need to delete anything Buck, ive been very closely involved in the inner workings of our clubs matters over recent years and know with absolute certainty what is happening. Whether you like Josh or not he and shar have done a lot of work for Kala over the last few years and has the clubs interests at heart, even though he overspent a little on recruiting last year.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Apprentice
    vCash
    We've had about 40+ lads doing pre season up here in Joondalup looking like we will have competitive 1&2s.
    There are 3 things that will determine our season.
    1.Injury. We help that hope the boys are in good shape.
    2.Recruitment. As Fulvio stated all clubs will struggle here with the end of thee boom yet to sign many recruits up as yet but have a few in the pipeline.
    3.Coaching Staff. Hopefully the lads get behind D.O.R and head coach Dean Carlise and build off a great season last year.
    P.S No i do not belive we offerd 500 a game to anyone i'll put my boots back on for that!!!

Player
    vCash
    Sorry NTT calling you i liar was a bit harsh. I got one last "potshot" fot you after all that. , the said player did'nt even play in the finals for 2nd grade as i am guessing he wasnt quailfed so the stupid comment stands!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    All good bro

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Champion
    vCash
    Wests are in for a tough season by the looks. Maybe have to pull out of Margaret River 7's due to severe lack of numbers ,if we do go we'll have to go in B grade division with a team thrown together.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Westy, no doubt this year your group will be booking accommodation at the Quality Inn under the pseudonym of the Innaloo Choral and Bible Study Society?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    everyone else just books in under the Pally rugby club moniker

vCash
    We never stay in the same place twice, Gunny ....

Champion
    vCash
    Paly shit heads last tournament were outta control , us guy's were trying to stack some ZZZZ's and all we could hear was guy's drinking to excess and being general nuisances, they obviously can't handle their piss. Wests guy's need to disassociate themselves from beer swilling pigs and concentrate on winning the B division. Alcohol and rugby just don't mix,

Jesus died for us

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Politics and religion have no place on a Rugby forum.

Horse racing is ok but. Deadset.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast