Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: COTTESLOE HOODLUMS

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

COTTESLOE HOODLUMS

I have just been informed of the alleged antics of a group of Cott drongos who visited Soaks grounds, cut off one of Soaks goal posts and planted a Norfolk Island pine on the halfway line of their main pitch. Hilarious. If only these halfwits knew the problems they created for the poor devils from Soaks who work week in week out to provide playing facilities for everybody.
    Listen, dickheads, whether you follow Soaks or not, show respect for your opposition. Members of a club that can't provide decent changerooms, let alone social facilities for visitors, should crawl back under their dung heaps, and not desecrate and insult the facilities of clubs that make an effort.
    I am also told these same turkeys gave themselves away by using super intelligent line out calls such as "pine trees" the next time they played Soaks.
    I hope Soaks pursues the matter through the police so that these antisocial thugs get what they deserve.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Also having visited Cottesloe yesterday, one of the palm trees was burnt down and the scrum machine was set alite. I think that is pathetic behaviour and should not be tollerated!

vCash
    Pathetic is the word.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I thought the drift of an article in the West last week was that this was done by some disgruntled nearby residents who dont want the club there..

you are saying Rugby people did this to an other club???????????

vCash
    I would sincerely hope I am wrong but I got this information from someone with connections within Soaks.

Prospect
    vCash
    Congrats to Fulvio Sammut for suggesting that Cottesloe "can't provide decent changerooms, let alone social facilities for visitors, should crawl back under their dung heaps, and not desecrate and insult the facilities of clubs that make an effort."

Being a Cottesloe Club member. I am ashamed that my club may have been associated with the planting of a tree at the Associates ground but believe that the Club wouldn't have done anything as permeant as damaging posts or other facilities.

I can clarify that the 2 palm trees close to the club housewere torched last week, the night before Cottesloe's Sponsors Day. The fire brigade had to be called to put the blaze out. This fire also damaged the enforcer scrum machine the Club owns. During the week, some one drove a vehilce onto the ground and did a bit of circle work before trying to exit through a chain link fence (hope they stuffed their vehicle in the process). All this provides a fairly poor picture to the visiting team from Japan, Toshiba, who have been training at Cottesloe all week. Imagine their views of a club being damaged twice in separate weeks and how they think of rugby in Western Australia. I too, also hope that the police persue this matter and that the arsonists and the vehicle driver get what they deserve as well.

I believe that the damage was caused by people who had nothing better to do than to try and either perpetuate a possible rift between clubs or by those of a failed education or moral sensibility.

It seems that if clubs have a grievance with another club, they should approach the matter appropriately and discuss the issues.

And Fuvlio, if you come to Cottesloe, I will try and remove myself from the 'dung heap' as you put it and buy you a beer. I wouldn't blame a club for the behaviour of a few people within its organisation, if we did, every club would be up against the wall in one form or another and I would include Paly in that equation

vCash
    Cottboy is right fulvio, just because there are a few dickheads in a club doesn`t mean they`re all bad. Being school holidays, it may well have been local kids, or nearby residents.
    I also have to agree with you regarding the facilities at Cott, not the function area, but the changerooms. I know space is limited, but they are pretty average facilities for fellow rugby players to use. I think the clubhouse is excellent, and so too the grounds, but as stated, the changerooms are not in the same league.
    Welcome aboard Cottboy, and please, don`t take these threads as personal attacks, they are only fellow passionate supporters opinions, so keep contributing.
    ps. Played my first game of rugby in WA for Wests against Cott at your ground, and was rucked most viciously, and loved every minute of it.
    Surely this should make me eligible for a Free Beer?????

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    It's all bad.

Have the clubs made it known to their players/members just how badly this reflects on everyone in the community? Alcohol and testosterone can do stupid things sometimes and now that the idea of trashing the competitions grounds has been planted and enacted twice, an affected brain may take a lack of serious and explicit condemnation of such acts as a sign that maybe it's not so bad... I remember being young and stupid. Sorry if I've come off sounding like a twat...

vCash
    I was incensed when I wrote that post after hearing of the events at Allen Park and was not then aware of what happened subsequently at Harvey field.

As someone who spends a lot of time on a voluntary basis in setting up grounds this sort of vandalism and wanton destruction is not something unfamiliar to me.It can make my life a misery as I am sure it does to club people everywhere.

The events which have now occurred are appalling and go far beyond misdirected humour and unthinking misbehavior with which, on reflection the initial incident could charitably be described.

My intemperate outburst was directed to the individuals involved, not at the Cottesloe members,for whom, in the main I have great respect , if not necesarily affection, and if I hurt or insulted anyone, which I clearly have, I apologise.

On the issue of the Cottesloe facilities, the location of the club is surely amongst the best in the world and I acknowledge the club administration has it's problems in expanding on what it has for local political reasons. But as one who in the past has been obliged to change in public and go unshowered on occasions for lack of sufficient change rooms, I have not been impressed.

My comments in reference to the club's social facilities were unfair, inaccurate and gratuitous, and I again apologise.

I freely acknowledge that my club has it's share of antisocial types as all do.It behoves all of us to try to ensure their behaviour does not descend to the levels recently observed.

vCash
    If you`re anything like me Fulvio, having to get changed in the cold westerly breeze in front of everyone watching the game, well, all i can say was lucky for me no japanese whalers were nearby. I too have gone without showers after a hard game or two, and believe me, that isn`t pretty either

vCash
    G'day all,

I have spent the last few weeks liaising with the local council in upgrading the showers at both Cottesloe and Anderson Pavillion (the northern field commonly known as the cabbage patch). We now have hot water in both areas (after new heaters) and in such abundance that we shouldn't (fingers crossed) run out during match day.

There are other facility issues which need addressing but our environment makes this an interesting task to take, but they are being discussed.

Frontrow, if you're down at Cott, ask for Ug and I'll buy you a beer

vCash
    Cheers Ug, i may well take you up on that offer, if only i can gain permission from "she who must be obeyed"....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    "she who must be obeyed"....
    Hey! I got one of them too!

vCash
    I`m sure they hold conventions, where they plan new ways to stifle our creativeness and extra curriculum activities...
    That is why i couldn`t make it to JBs on saturday, as all privelidges were revoked, even our night at Hippo Creek got the axe....I`m still salivating thinking about it....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Hey! I got one of them too!
    I don't see ya at the pub oh no I wont

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast