Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $400 to play rugby!!??

Player
    vCash

$400 to play rugby!!??

Heard yesterday Aru is adding $100 levy on top of fees for 2015 .. way to kill the game

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Extra needed to pay for all the reds and warratah players

vCash
    What a crock - there has to be a limit to the amount of gouging that community rugby can take. It is time for push back.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    The brochure on it is here - http://myrugby.rugby.com.au/myrugby/.../14/update/WA/

For a senior, it's $33 to register as a National player, $22 to register with the local union and $75 for insurance for a total of $130 paid direct to the ARU online. (And then I guess whatever your club needs to charge on top of that)

There is some mention of a rebate to clubs regarding the $75 insurance but scant information in that brochure - I am also not aware if the costs here lead to efficiencies or decreases at any other point in the pipeline.

I am also hoping the club admins have some information about any prorata or avenue for refunds.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    this was discussed November December last year here

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Prospect
    vCash
    Hi guys.

I'm a mungo, but have a soft spot for union as my older brother played grade for Gordon when we lived in Sydney and dad would take us kids to watch him play.

I've been in WA since last June, and played league for Willagee last year. Looking forward to a better season this year.

What I've noticed over here is the cooperation between league and union which you just don't get back home.We have a pre season game against Palmyra (league) on 22nd February and they have entered a lower grade side into our comp.

A few of our senior guys will be playing for them, and some of theirs will be playing Firsts for us this year.

It's great to see the codes mixing as they have a lot to offer each other, and it can only benefit both if these relationships continue.

vCash
    Welcome Boo Boo. How's Yogi?

There are a few fellow Mungos around here (though a lot of them are St George pussies), a few closet Mungos and quite a few boring Mungo baiters too.

There was a bit of scuttlebutt about Pally and RL around here. But it was mainly from a well known Pally bullshitter so I didn't believe a word of it .

They do have a Mungo fifth columnist playing with the old blokes in their 5th Grade so maybe he started it.

Look forward to your input during the season.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    They do have a Mungo fifth columnist playing with the old blokes in their 5th Grade so maybe he started it.
    He said that a couple of Paly blokes had been spotted at a Willagee game, which was actually true but even he thought he was just stirring sh*t!

Rookie
    vCash
    so this is basically what the breakdown in costs look like for one of the junior clubs in Perth for 2015
    RugbyWA is making around $340,000.00 this year out of Juniors and the ARU $113,000.00

This basically allows you to play 1 game a week ( if your team does not have a bye)
    This does not include socks shorts or any charges for coaches and volunteers to do a coaching courses or a assistant referee courses this also does not cover any state representation of the players or any other extras

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  89.3 KB

By the way not many years ago the RugbyWA charge was $85,000.00 and the juniors were given a lot more than now

Last edited by phantom; 17-01-15 at 13:30.

Senior Player
    vCash
    What's been taken into account in the 'junior club' cost column? Playing jerseys, training balls, training gear, anything else I'm missing? How does this directly compare to last year? 2014 playing rules mention a team levy and insurance levy - have these fallen away due to the new charges?

Player
    vCash
    And yet still less expensive than just about every other sport out there.
    Soccer is that for 5-6weeks, and dancing $1000 a term.
    Good luck trying to find anything else that comes close to that value for money.

vCash
    I was thinking the same thing myself.

I would also contend the insurance costs would be higher for rugby, given the robust nature of the game.

Been watching the Asian Cup this week and those boys actually get stretchered off for a blood nose!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    As I have said previously it is what it is. The ARU have somehow got into this state through circumstances that may or may not have been beyond their control and quite frankly I don't really care.
    What I do care about is the long term survival of rugby and if paying a bit more for my boy's fun which is equal to the price of a few cartons of beer then it isn't such a big deal when you think of the fun, life long friends,life skills and ethics that rugby gives our kids.
    Plenty of parents have no qualms dropping a grand on a computer game for the X-Box so little Johnny can become some kind of anti social obese recluse with zilch personality.
    This could all be a non event anyway because if what I'm hearing is true, the drums are beating louder and louder over East and the respective unions everywhere could very well end up running their own comps.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    As I understand it.....
    1. In 2014 RugbyWA charged clubs a nomination fee for each team they entered in the Senior Comp for a total of around $180K and RWA paid the player insurance which was around $180K.
    2. In 2015 the players pay the insurance of around $180K directly as part of the new ARU system and the senior team nomination fees of around $180K will not be charged to the clubs by RWA.
    The right hand gives and the left hand takes away...... The money paid to RWA ends up about the same just collected in a different way. The clubs will not have to chase players to pay fees in order to find the money to pay team nomination fees to RWA or to do other fundraising to pay team nominations which in some clubs could be around $10K.
    Don't know the situation with Juniors.

Player
    vCash
    I don't know all the ins and outs of the fee structure, but I've just registered all 3 of my boys - u6,u9 and u11 all for under $600.
    Good luck trying to find a sport where 3 kids can get fully registered - without shire sport subsidies - for that kind of money.

Time for people to cut their whinging, sports administration bodies have to run and pay salaries.
    Things cost money.
    It's nearly rugby time!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast