Thread: Ebersohn re-signs with the Force to 2017

vCash

Ebersohn re-signs with the Force to 2017

By Nick Smith on Fri 21st November 14 in Sias Ebersohn, re-signing, Tino Nemani

Flyhalf Sias Ebersohn has extended his stay with the Western Force after recommitting to the Western Australian club for a further three seasons.

The 25-year-old’s re-signing further consolidates the Western Force backline ahead of the club’s 10th season in Asteron Life Super Rugby in 2015.

Ebersohn’s re-signing coincides with the news that Tino Nemani will no longer join the Western Force for the 2015 season. Nemani sustained a leg injury that would preclude him from starting the pre-season at full fitness as required. The injury would see him miss the start of the Asteron Life Super Rugby season.

The Western Force has two places remaining in its 2015 senior squad (see below).

South African-born Ebersohn joined the Force from the Cheetahs for the 2013 Asteron Life Super Rugby season. He has played 29 matches for the Force, combining with the 30 he played for the Cheetahs between 2010 and 2012.

Ebersohn, who has scored 180 points in two seasons for the Force – the fourth most in the club’s history, started in the ‘10’ jersey in 12 matches for the club in 2014.

Ebersohn said he’s pleased to be remaining with the Force for another three seasons.

“When I came here two years ago, it was an exciting new adventure for my wife and me,” he said. “Now, Perth feels like home; I love living here, my wife loves it here and I love playing with these guys at the Force. We have fantastic supporters at the Force too and it’s special to be able to play for them and in front of them, particularly at home.

“We had a good season this year but we all feel like there’s unfinished business and room for improvement. Everyone’s hungry to get stuck in and play for each other again, which is one of the best things about playing with this bunch of guys.

“I’m really excited about staying at the Force. It’s feels like we’re developing together as a team and heading in the right direction. If you look at where we started two seasons ago, we’ve made some good steps in getting where we want to go. There’s still a lot of work to be done though and I’m excited to take the next steps with these guys this season.”

Western Force Head Coach Michael Foley says the retention of Ebersohn provides another quality playmaking option for the club in 2015 and beyond.
    - See more at: http://www.westernforce.com.au/artic....r4MI6Msg.dpuf

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Out of curiosity, what did Ebersohn do after SR finished...was he injured?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    He negotiated

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Out of curiosity, what did Ebersohn do after SR finished...was he injured?
    He had hurt his left bicep quite badly leading into the last game. Some recovery, went to SA, packed up all his gear, said totsiens and moved over for good.
    Hopefully he had a solid talk with his brother about moving to the Force as well.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Friday, 21 November 2014

EBERSOHN RE-SIGNS WITH THE FORCE TO 2017

Flyhalf Sias Ebersohn has extended his stay with the Western Force after recommitting to the Western Australian club for a further three seasons.

The 25-year-old’s re-signing further consolidates the Western Force backline ahead of the club’s 10th season in Asteron Life Super Rugby in 2015.

Ebersohn’s re-signing coincides with the news that Tino Nemani will no longer join the Western Force for the 2015 season. Nemani sustained a leg injury that would preclude him from starting the pre-season at full fitness as required. The injury would see him miss the start of the Asteron Life Super Rugby season.

The Western Force has two places remaining in its 2015 senior squad (see below).

South African-born Ebersohn joined the Force from the Cheetahs for the 2013 Asteron Life Super Rugby season. He has played 29 matches for the Force, combining with the 30 he played for the Cheetahs between 2010 and 2012.

Ebersohn, who has scored 180 points in two seasons for the Force – the fourth most in the club’s history, started in the ‘10’ jersey in 12 matches for the club in 2014.

Ebersohn said he’s pleased to be remaining with the Force for another three seasons.

“When I came here two years ago, it was an exciting new adventure for my wife and me,” he said. “Now, Perth feels like home; I love living here, my wife loves it here and I love playing with these guys at the Force. We have fantastic supporters at the Force too and it’s special to be able to play for them and in front of them, particularly at home.

“We had a good season this year but we all feel like there’s unfinished business and room for improvement. Everyone’s hungry to get stuck in and play for each other again, which is one of the best things about playing with this bunch of guys.

“I’m really excited about staying at the Force. It’s feels like we’re developing together as a team and heading in the right direction. If you look at where we started two seasons ago, we’ve made some good steps in getting where we want to go. There’s still a lot of work to be done though and I’m excited to take the next steps with these guys this season.”

Western Force Head Coach Michael Foley says the retention of Ebersohn provides another quality playmaking option for the club in 2015 and beyond.

“It’s great that Sias sees his future with us,” he said. “While he has always had an excellent all-round skill set, his ability to lead the team on the field through his decision making has developed significantly over the past two seasons”

Foley said Ebersohn’s was another key re-signing in the long-term development of the Western Force.

“Our goal from the beginning of the 2013 season was to create an environment that supports the development of players individually and as a team,” he said. “Key to capitalising on that development is the retention of our players. Successful teams have consistency in their squads and with Sias and Zack we’re very fortunate to have two high quality players in such a key position.

“To have Sias, Alby [Mathewson], Kyle [Godwin], Gus [Cottrell], Nathan [Charles], Junior [Rasolea] and Chrissy Alcock make longer-term commitments to the squad, alongside experienced campaigners like Hodgo [Matt Hodgson], Wykesie [Sam Wykes], Pek [Cowan] and ‘Benny Mc’ [McCalman] helps us continue to develop combinations and build on the standards that we continually aspire to lift.”

The Western Force will resume pre-season training on Monday, 1 December.

2015 Western Force Memberships are now open! Join now at www.westernforce.com.au

Name: Sias Ebersohn
    Born: 23/02/1989, Bloemfontein (South Africa)
    Position: Flyhalf
    Height: 176cm
    Weight: 88kg
    Super Rugby caps: 59
    Super Rugby points: 400 (5 tries, 58 conversions, 83 penalty goals, 5 drop goals)
    Super Rugby debut: 2010 (Cheetahs) v Bulls, Bloemfontein
    Representative Rugby: 2008-2009 South Africa Under 20, 2007 South African Schoolboys

2015 Western Force squad*:
    Robbie Abel (EPS), Chris Alcock, Marcel Brache, Luke Burton, Nathan Charles, Adam Coleman, Angus Cottrell, Pek Cowan,
    Patrick Dellit, Sias Ebersohn, Tetera Faulkner, Kyle Godwin, Dane Haylett-Petty, Ross Haylett-Petty (EPS), Chris Heiberg, Matt Hodgson, Zack Holmes, Oliver Hoskins, Brad Lacey (EPS), Ryan Louwrens (EPS), Steve Mafi, Alby Mathewson, Ben McCalman, Luke Morahan, Albert Nikoro, Ian Prior, Solomoni Rasolea, Brynard Stander, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Heath Tessmann, Francois van Wyk (EPS), Rory Walton, Sam Wykes
    * two places remaining

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!