Thread: Teddy Thomas axed from France team to face Argentina after missing training session

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Teddy Thomas axed from France team to face Argentina after missing training session

AFP
    November 21, 2014 9:37AM

RISING star Teddy Thomas has been dropped for Saturday’s Test against Argentina by France manager Philippe Saint-Andre for missing a training session by arriving two hours late.

Thomas made a stunning debut against Fiji, becoming only the second Frenchman to score a hat-trick of tries on his first appearance for Les Bleus.

The 21-year-old earned a third straight call-up on Wednesday for the Test against the Pumas in Stade de France after also scoring a try against Australia.

But the young Racing-Metro player failed to attend training on Wednesday evening along with the squad at the French national training centre at Marcoussis, outside Paris.

And Saint-Andre and his deputies Yannick Bru and Patrice Lagisquet decided to drop Thomas and called up Maxime Medard, 28, in his place.

“In the France group there are rules that everyone should respect,” Saint-Andre said.

“Teddy, who we love a lot, has forgotten these. When you play in the France team you have to be beyond reproach and respectful on and off the field.

“I had a meeting yesterday (Wednesday) with Teddy and he understands. I’m sure it will make him grow up.”

Thomas later took to his Facebook page to apologise.

“The rules of the France group shouldn’t be broken and I want to offer my sincerest apologies to the staff and the France team, to my teammates, to all the Bleus fans and our sport,” Thomas said.

“I also want to clarify, not by way of justification, that it was my fault and although it should be punished, it was in no way a question of insolent or arrogant behaviour.”

Toulouse winger Medard, who has 40 caps for France, takes his place.

“No-one has died, but it’s about respect that we should have in a group,” said Serge Blanco the vice-president of the French rugby federation.

“When you are given a precise time to turn up, you have to remember it.”

He added: “It shows that in the France group nobody is indispensable. He will serve as an example for everyone.”

France beat Fiji 40-15 and Australia 29-26.

FRANCE V ARGENTINA at Stade de France, Paris

Sunday 7am AEDT — LIVE ON FOX SPORTS 2

FRANCE (1-15): Xavier Chiocci, Benjamin Kayser, Nicolas Mas, Pascal Pape, Sebastien Vahaamahina, Thierry Dusautoir (captain), Bernard Le Roux, Damien Chouly, Sebastien Tillous-Borde, Camille Lopez, Maxime Medard, Wesley Fofana, Maxime Mermoz, Yoann Huget, Scott Spedding.

Replacements: Guilhem Guirado, Alexandre Menini, Uini Atonio, Alexandre Flanquart, Yoann Maestri, Yannick Nyanga, Charles Ollivon, Rory Kockott, Remi Tales, Mathieu Bastareaud, Benjamin Fall

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/te...-1227130417720

Clean, clear cut and decisive action by the FRU, well done. I bet they don't have many issues with young Teddy from here on in.

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    We'll done France! Short sharp over and done with like a good hard slap!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash

Teddy Thomas axed from France team to face Argentina after missing training session

Well.... its the Big Show..... and its time to break the Walls down
    Who will eventually able to take down this unstoppable force?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!