Thread: The Honey Badger tries his hand at cheerleading

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

The Honey Badger tries his hand at cheerleading

Liam FitzGibbon
    October 30, 2014, 9:23 am

After a training session with his new Baa-Baas teammates, The Badger joined Angus Ta’avao, Juan de Jongh and Francis Saili in taking some cheerleading lessons from the team's cheerleaders.

And below are the pictures to prove it.

The "Honey Badger" has adapted well to his new Japanese surroundings but says he isn't giving up on a possible return to Super Rugby he hopes could revive his World Cup dream.

Cummins left Australia in July to take up a lucrative overseas contract but will be reunited with his former Wallabies teammates when he faces them as part of the Barbarians side at Twickenham on Saturday.

The winger, capped 15 times for Australia, effectively surrendered his World Cup hopes in July when he was released early from his Australian Rugby Union (ARU) and Western Force contracts on compassionate grounds to earn bigger bucks in Japan to provide for sick family members.

The 27-year-old has no regrets over penning a two-year contract with with the Fukuoka-based Coca Cola West Red Sparks and is making the most of his new life.

However he remains hopeful a deal could be brokered that would allow him to return to play a full season with the Force next year, paving the way for him to re-enter World Cup calculations.

Such a move could depend on an ARU-assisted transfer or the Japanese club agreeing to a loan deal of sorts and Cummins says it's unlikely but not impossible.

"There is a small chance ... and if I could possibly go back to Super Rugby and be eligible for the World Cup, I'd take it, but at the moment it looks like I'm (in Japan) for two seasons," Cummins said in London.

"Things have been spoken about but it's just not that simple over there.

"They don't operate like that, they're pretty straight-down-the-line sort of people.

"The contract is what it is and I'm happy to honour it.

"When I go back to Japan I'll ask again but just it's one of those things."

Cummins' desire to return to play in Australia isn't reflective of his experience in Japan so far.

The colourful figure, who nicknamed himself "Honey Badger", has started picking up the language, is embracing the locals, food and culture and is taking the opportunity to travel in Asia.

Last week he and his girlfriend Martina took a spontaneous trip to Western Mongolia's Altai Mountains where they stayed with a nomad family and watched them hunt foxes and rabbits.

No honey badgers, though.

"You wouldn't catch one of them," Cummins said.

Regardless of how his future plays out, Cummins can't wait for a chance to take on some of his mates at Twickenham on Saturday in what he predicts will be an intense battle.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...-cheerleading/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    The phrase "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind...

vCash
    Bless Him! He's got the right hairdo though! Hope to see him back soon!