Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SPIRIT SHOOTS FOR THE STARS IN JOONDALUP

vCash
    Amen Westies Man! I watched him too and I agree he's too big. And he has zero agility and appears totally lethargic. Can someone tell me why he's on a plane to Argentina?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The ARU MUST hate wyksey... That's the only possible choice known to man in this or any other universe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The ARU MUST hate wyksey... That's the only possible choice known to man in this or any other universe
    I think it's something along the lines of picking on size and hype rather than form.

Even Folau has been ordinary this year, but he keeps getting picked because of media hype and a strong carry.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Has Wykes been involved in the Wallabies camps? Bringing in a player unfamiliar with the Wallaby set-up could cause more problems.

But no-one who saw the Spirit - Stars match would pick Skelton as the 2nd rower to head off to Argentina.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    "But no-one who saw the Spirit - Stars match would pick Skelton as the 2nd rower to head off to Argentina."

Dead right Sheikh. But suitability and form are not selection criteria for a Wallaby jersey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Even Folau has been ordinary this year, but he keeps getting picked because of media hype and a strong carry.
    Plus it would be a tad embarrassing if your costliest player and marketing prodigal son wasn't on the field.

vCash
    Who goes instead of Skleton?

Certainly not Wykes who wouldn't know what consistency was if it bit him on the arse.

Poor bastard can only carry Australia so often. Maybe one if the blokes who has been playing Union their whole life can help him out

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 29-09-14 at 17:11.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Poor bastard can only carry Australia so often. Maybe one if the blokes who has been playing Union their whole life can help him out
    Look I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but he's simply stopped using those around him. I think I've seen him pass the ball probably three times all year. He is terribly guilty of dying with the ball and playing like he wishes he was back in rugby league this season.

He needs to focus less on carrying Australia on his back and focus more on playing the game that is required him for the betterment of the team.

C'mon the

vCash
    And apparently according to Green&Gold site, Perth Spirit don't exist - every other team written up bar the Spirit!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Look I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but he's simply stopped using those around him. I think I've seen him pass the ball probably three times all year. He is terribly guilty of dying with the ball and playing like he wishes he was back in rugby league this season.

He needs to focus less on carrying Australia on his back and focus more on playing the game that is required him for the betterment of the team.
    I was actually more impressed than normal with his ball skills in this last game. From memory he set up kuridrani for 2 breaks and put Mccalman through a big hole. He is still one of the first players picked

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    And apparently according to Green&Gold site, Perth Spirit don't exist - every other team written up bar the Spirit!
    That's my fault I haven't been home for 2 days and now it's a bit late feel free to write something and send it in they will put it up maybe next game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I was actually more impressed than normal with his ball skills in this last game. From memory he set up kuridrani for 2 breaks and put Mccalman through a big hole. He is still one of the first players picked
    Then perhaps you should try letting your preconceptions and prejudices cloud your objectivity.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Then perhaps you should try letting your preconceptions and prejudices cloud your objectivity.
    Good point, he should be dropped immediately and replaced with Haylett petty or Morahan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Yep, he did do better, I was surprised to tell the truth, but he still ran into contact far too much without support. He's meant to be the world-beating fullback, and he looked it last year, but this year he seems to have lost some of his spark. Possibly it's second season syndrome and he'll pick it up soon once he figures out how to contend with defenses that have responded to what he did last year.

That being said, maybe the better question for me to ask myself is who would I replace him with, and there's no easy answer to that

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Makes sense to play Force players at home and Clubbies on the road.
    The Force has a massive travel schedule in the Super Rugby season which we all complain about. Fewer plane trips has to be good for them. Time at home has to freshen them up. Gives them a good chunk of uninterrupted time with family and friends.
    Clubbies get the opportunity to step up in front of the rest of Australia and attract attention to the improving standard in WA. Also could attract themselves a contract from a Super Rugby franchise.
    Looks good all round to me.
    Fantastic concept.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast