Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Palmyra to host Under 23's Semi Finals - Friday night. Huge....

Champion
    vCash

Palmyra to host Under 23's Semi Finals - Friday night. Huge....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sounds like a cracking night. Should be nice and warm to have a look and Pally always seems to put on a decent show. Saw the 10s at Southern lions a few weeks ago ... good spectating with the youngun's going mad out there.

Might have to venture south of the river once again ....

I feel a great disturbance in the Force - as if millions of trolls suddenly cried out in terror and were silenced

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I had a great night at Palmyra tonight watching the Under 23's.

Great for me, as I received a special delivery of Coronas as a result of a winning bet, but great also from the quality of the rugby on display.

Credit where it's due, this has been a terrific initiative by whoever has driven this idea. Hopefully it was RugbyWA, as it would indicate the possibility that the lights are finally on and someone is actually at home.

Palmyra put on a pretty decent display as hosts, helped by the mild, comfortable weather, and things ran like clockwork.

Soaks came out on top, coming from three tries down to beat Pally by a try, and both Soaks and Kalamunda overcame a plucky Mandurah outfit.

Kala and Pally then played out a dour and sometimes vicious contest , and Pally came out with a bonus point win, which, I understand, gives them the second grand final berth.

A sour note was an on field incident involving one Palmyra player and four Kalamunda players which I was told has been the subject of an official complaint to police, so we'll see how that pans out in the fullness of time. Regrettable.

But that aside, a very enjoyable evening.

vCash
    Musta been a bloody good night to get you to write something positive at the moment Fulv.

Shame it was spoiled by 'the incident'

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio, I sense it took some time to compose a positive post, sadly the use of the word "hopefully" indicates the positive notes are tinged with reservation.

I am happy to broadcast it out there. Andrew Hill and his team made this happen. BUT without the support of your club and all others it still would not have been the success it has been. Yes Fulvio - this was a Club rugby and community rugby success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Fulvio, I sense it took some time to compose a positive post, sadly the use of the word "hopefully" indicates the positive notes are tinged with reservation.
    don't bring it down Hansie, the man said something nice, leave it at that!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I had a great night at Palmyra tonight watching the Under 23's.

Great for me, as I received a special delivery of Coronas as a result of a winning bet
    Ok the Winning with Westie thread didn't quite work out as I had hoped but you don't have to rub it in. Was a very well organised event and very enjoyable to watch, great way to spend a Friday night.
    Watching the whole Kala bench run onto the field when a fight broke out however was not a good look for rugby and that was against Mandurah, not the incident Fulvio was talking about.

Last edited by westies man; 20-09-14 at 17:56.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Veteran
    vCash
    so kala bench ran into the fight, and there was an incident which involved kala, which has reportadly been reported to the police??

thanks pretty bloody bad!

vCash
    What's this about 2 Paly supporters coming on to the field to throw punches at kala players?

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Something must have happened to provoke the kala boys. I mean we're just as well behaved as every other club. (sarcasm)

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    What's this about 2 Paly supporters coming on to the field to throw punches at kala players?
    A figment of the febrile imagination of the supporters of the Kalamunda thugs.

In any event let us let the police sort it out shall we?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Kala lads were very lucky Mandurah coach didn't get on field . Goff, ex Cott flanker and farken hard bastard from the late eighties would have dropped the lot of them

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    NTT please tell me we're getting a new coach next year

vCash
    Yes Frank because the white knights of Paly are Teflon coated untouchables.
    What did Paly and Mandurah do to provoke such a reaction?
    4 guys attacking someone for no reason is a highly unlikely scenario. For people to act this way something had to have provoked this.

2 spectators entered the field of play to join in the fighting. I am very reliably informed they are not affiliated with Kalamunda in any way.
    So what is the truth? Kalamunda players unprovoked seriously assaulted a Paly player for no reason and kalamunda supporters ran onto the field to fight kalamunda players?

vCash
    Agreed website. Goofs a hard man alright.

And Buck not 100% sure there are only 2 applicants so far I know of.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast