Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Onward Christian Soldiers

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Onward Christian Soldiers

What is happening in Metro Rugby Land now that the dust is settling on the season that never really was?

Are the supporters ecstatic over the challenges of an eight team competition with a training run on the ninth week and a rest on the tenth?

Have the Clubs saved enough money from the bar trade generated by the split rounds and the curtailed season to be able to afford a new selection of mercenaries to replace the old?

Have the sponsors been so bedazzled by the vibrancy of the Competition as to loosen their purse strings and flood the clubs with rivers of gold?

Have the club stalwarts and volunteers been inspired to once again gird their loins in anticipation of another exuberant and enthusiastic season of self flagellation?

Have the Club secretaries written their annual impassioned pleas to RugbyWA administration for the allocation of more Force players to sit on the sidelines, cost them money, demoralise their existing players and skew the outcomes?

Have the Presidents held their annual bitchfest gathering to rage against the dying of the light at Head Quarters, only to once again stab each other in the back at the next Council Meeting?

Does anyone still give a tinker's curse for the hollow imploded shell of Club Rugby in WA?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    I really don't know who has strings on their purses anymore. Maybe that part of the problem local rugby has in getting money from sponsers?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Have the club stalwarts and volunteers been inspired to once again gird their loins in anticipation of another exuberant and enthusiastic season of self flagellation?
    At this stage my souffle is on the flop. At the mention of "pre-season", if there's a noticeable twitch I may go round again.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    Ahhhh No

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    But wait ... don't we have a new Under 23 championship being played out alongside the sideshow of the NRC as well.
    So now we have a pathway to Force academy as well also a pathway to Force contention ... ?

Thankfully there should be some normal club colours on show on Friday, as opposed to everyone wearing Yellow.

Player
    vCash
    If you want to have a look at the positive things in WA Rugby....
    Have a look here....

https://www.facebook.com/RugbyWACommunity

Some great photos from the Junior Grand Finals and the Wallabies training session the Under 23s Comp and plenty of other good stuff.

Rookie
    vCash
    Fulvio - Are all these people wandering around with blinkers on? Or are they just not "in the know "?
    The Premier Club Presidents all met last week without Rugby WA in relation to the state of community rugby in Perth.
    The consensus was unanimous - that this season had been a complete failure - had driven revenue down, players and volunteers away from the game - the consensus was to return to the old format - this was to be presented to Rugby Wa on Monday night.
    A meeting full of statistics and graphs and rhetoric full of smoke and mirrors - fudging statistics to suit their own beliefs - once again these Presidents failed to deliver the message and are waiting for different scenario's to come from Rugby WA again . Rugby Wa do not understand community rugby , they fail to see the damage they have done to clubs this season and continue their bullshit spiel .

Community Rugby needs to show some balls - tell these paid personnel what is best for their clubs and the future of their clubs and therefore rugby in WA. If rugby wa wasn't a boys club with jobs for your mates they would be out amongst the community eating humble pie instead of stroking each other's egos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    Community Rugby needs to show some balls - tell these paid personnel what is best.
    Not knowing the politics etc, is it that the Presidents don't put up a decent alternative, or is it that they don't really have any power to push it through?".

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    "Trust me, I'm from the Marketing Agency. I can turn things around. I can make you fabulously rich.

What was your product again?".

Villains the lot of them.

Champion
    vCash
    Insider don't know who you are or what your agenda is. BUT you are factually incorrect. Happy for you to visit with me to view the method and results from the surveys compiled and to subject these findings to your scrutiny, I would then expect that you would make a full and open apology for spreading malicious and incorrect rumours.

You clearly have no clue whatsoever on how and why the season of 2014 was a disaster - Since you lay all of the blame for the start of the NRC, the directive to end community rugby before the NRC, SANZAR's scheduling of early start to force games on RugbyWA, I look forward to your constructive and alternative outcome.

Now you have thrown the grenade and seem to indicate you care and have the answers, I will be more than happy to listen to your solutions.

The meeting of club presidents was a sensational outcome, something that many have tried to do for years, long may the presidents continue to meet on their own and long may we continue to have open dialogue, acknowledge the failings made in season 2014 and together make 2015 and beyond a whole lot better.

Vicious, unsubstantiated slander, innuendo, false assertions and attempting to show strength behind a façade is damaging to the community. have the guts and visit me and come up with a plan that grows rugby for all participants in WA.

I look forward to your call - PM me for my personal details.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Not knowing the politics etc, is it that the Presidents don't put up a decent alternative, or is it that they don't really have any power to push it through?".
    The alternative was to return to the previous format - 1st - 4th grade . At this stage Perth rugby is a unique setup being a 3rd/4th tier sport - that has been proven by the changes in the 18s and 20s comp that never worked - the game in Perth is full of transients linked with the economy - boom/bust cycle - Premier grade clubs should be planning for the following season at the end of round 1 but Rugby Wa are into September and are still leaving clubs up in the air for next season. As clubs lose sponsors,volunteers and their strongest revenue path being their bar takings - they sit up there in their Castle patting themselves on the back - they keep up their revenue stream with their fees and ridiculous fines from community rugby and waste it on substandard development of our game and bottom of the barrel management.
    Take your pie graph and eat it.
    Wake up Presidents - Do something before you lose even more and rugby becomes a comical sport in WA

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Insider don't know who you are or what your agenda is. BUT you are factually incorrect. Happy for you to visit with me to view the method and results from the surveys compiled and to subject these findings to your scrutiny, I would then expect that you would make a full and open apology for spreading malicious and incorrect rumours.

You clearly have no clue whatsoever on how and why the season of 2014 was a disaster - Since you lay all of the blame for the start of the NRC, the directive to end community rugby before the NRC, SANZAR's scheduling of early start to force games on RugbyWA, I look forward to your constructive and alternative outcome.

Now you have thrown the grenade and seem to indicate you care and have the answers, I will be more than happy to listen to your solutions.

The meeting of club presidents was a sensational outcome, something that many have tried to do for years, long may the presidents continue to meet on their own and long may we continue to have open dialogue, acknowledge the failings made in season 2014 and together make 2015 and beyond a whole lot better.

Vicious, unsubstantiated slander, innuendo, false assertions and attempting to show strength behind a façade is damaging to the community. have the guts and visit me and come up with a plan that grows rugby for all participants in WA.

I look forward to your call - PM me for my personal details.
    Did someone say call me

Red Carded
    vCash
    Hansie my friend don't forget what happened to the your name same , who colluded all should I say collided with A HILL ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Did someone say call me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Hansie my friend don't forget what happened to the your name same , who colluded all should I say collided with A HILL ?
    Are you drunk? Before 7am?
    I've looked at that sentence 17 times and it still doesn't make sense.
    I even ran it through google translate to translate it from gibberish to English and still no luck.
    I mean, normally I'd give you shit about what you're saying but I have to be able to make sense of it first and there is no sense in that, and I use this word lightly, 'sentence'.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Are you drunk? Before 7am?
    I've looked at that sentence 17 times and it still doesn't make sense.
    I even ran it through google translate to translate it from gibberish to English and still no luck.
    I mean, normally I'd give you shit about what you're saying but I have to be able to make sense of it first and there is no sense in that, and I use this word lightly, 'sentence'.
    Took me a minute - I think ( seven mile you are sick) SA cricketer's demise and A Hill Rugby WA Community manager

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast