Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BUILDCORP NRC – WEEK 2: PERTH SPIRIT V BRISBANE CITY

vCash
    Andy S has the law, PK was right.

Spirit lucky not to have a man binned in first half, enough was enough at the start of the second.

They did however play two complete different tactics in this game. 1st half was line breaks which were working well and led to all the tries. Second half was kick anything in their half, which backfired badly. Why change a plan thats working? I could understand if for the last 10 mins.

Lack of law knowledge also let them down, twice brisbane kicked long from their own half only for the spirit to ground for a 22 drop out. Had they stuck a foot on the line and grounded both would have been scrums back in the opposition half.

As for Coops, he had a good game, and was probably a lenient in not giving the yellow in the first half. I know you all like bagging the ref, but in this game he did well, and the spirit lost a game they could've won.

Well done to UWA for not ripping the supporters off with the price of beer & burgers. Much aporeciated.

Lastly, I thought the Wallabies and Link were coming down? I was sure I saw that advertised.

Bring on the Joondalup & Rocky games.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

vCash
    I know you refs like to stick together but if you think cooper had a good game you have rocks in your heads.

When are one of you blokes going to come out admit one of your own had a shocker there is no shame in abit of transprance would be a good thing.

How could they get used to his calls when there was no consistency I have no issue if a ref wants to call something one way but don't then change 5 mins later.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Out of curiosity, anyone know how the money for food and the bar was handled? Did it go to the Spirit/RWA, or Uni, or some combination of the two?

vCash
    One of the few where I did feel a bit robbed with some of the ref's decisions, but hey, thy probably should have been further ahead anyway. The Perth rugby public want to watch their rep footy, regardless of whether the test sells out or not, I sense an opportunity to push the profile of this team and competition a bit more into the limelight.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    Lastly, I thought the Wallabies and Link were coming down? I was sure I saw that advertised.
    I saw Link at the ground.

Last edited by jargan83; 01-09-14 at 08:22.

vCash
    Today, Monday 3.30 to 5.00 Wallabies training at McGillivaray oval.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    What did everyone think of Kuridrani & Horwills game? Personally apart from that first try I thought Kuridrani seemed to be invisible (although Reds fan beside me thought he was best thing on the field!) And Horwill just seemed to be trudging around the field although his run upfield was good even tho he'd been passed the ball. Can't believe how far down his form seems to have got to. Frisby was firing - wish the Force had looked at him for the squad. Was it my imagination or did Hodgo seem a bit quiet as well(sometimes hard to see players I a live match)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    As for Coops, he had a good game, and was probably a lenient in not giving the yellow in the first half. I know you all like bagging the ref, but in this game he did well, and the spirit lost a game they could've won.
    Can't agree.

Cooper was inconsistent in his management of the breakdown especially calling players for sealing off.

However, his most obvious shortfall was failure to call the Brisbane team for continually being offside. As the game went on they just kept creeping up as Coooper was not holding them to account.

Extremely poor effort.

If Cooper was connected to his Touch Judges he appeared to be ignoring them on most occasions. Could see the Touch Judges communicating but with little/no effect.

The arrogance with which Cooper deals with players is totally unnecessary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Can't agree.

Cooper was inconsistent in his management of the breakdown especially calling players for sealing off.

However, his most obvious shortfall was failure to call the Brisbane team for continually being offside. As the game went on they just kept creeping up as Coooper was not holding them to account.

Extremely poor effort.

If Cooper was connected to his Touch Judges he appeared to be ignoring them on most occasions. Could see the Touch Judges communicating but with little/no effect.

The arrogance with which Cooper deals with players is totally unnecessary.
    No different to how he deals with club players.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Francois van Wyk looks a lot like Joe Savage doesn't he?

vCash
    DHP had a blinder! and Junior looked strong.
    Was hopeful to see a bit more from Godwin, to get him onto the paddock against the Springboks, but his moments looked fleeting.
    Had to love sitting on a hill with a few thousand other fans, full strength beer and byo snacks.
    Great day, would definitely buy again.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    also good to see the kids getting on the ground for a kick at half time

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    also good to see the kids getting on the ground for a kick at half time
    Fun for the big kids as well

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Thought they looked short of a gallop[anyone pick up on what I really mean]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Nope. Can you elaborate Westies Man?
    My comment meant that the reason the Spirit got done was because a squad of club players who played club rugby all season with a 6 day turnaround rolled a team loaded with starting Brumbie players last weekend.
    The Spirit yesterday threw a side out loaded with contracted Force players and got rolled by a team with a lot of players no one has heard of.
    By my calculation's over 90 percent of the Spirit side hadn't played for 7 weeks and looked underdone.If the hierarchy want to wrap the fully contracted players in cotton wool because the medical staff monitor the players workload with crap like muscle tissue fatigue,overload due to excessive travel schedule, grade 2 meniscus strain and other such shit including collated GPS results they will keep getting the same results.[GPS is for fishing spots]
    Stop trying to make the players who just want to play rugby fuckin princesses.
    My understanding that a contracted player according to the guidelines can play a total of 26 games in a season, well a large number of these players are nowhere near this.
    The mungos play Origin midweek which is 10 times harder and then front up the next weekend for their club so what's the difference.
    Get these Force players involved in club rugby and get them to connect with the local community because they are doing a pretty crap job of it so far due to orders from above.
    It's either that or just put out club players every week who will empty the tank for a few free beers and a pie and then have to rock up to work on a Monday. Attending soup kitchens whilst admirable is not real work

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 01-09-14 at 09:44.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    I have a massive issue with Graham Cooper refereeing any Rugby WA match the bloke is just a walking conflict of interest.

He works with the players everyday and is to involved with them and the organisation to ref them at any competitive level.

He blew the boys off the park today and if anyone has ever seen him ref a force a game it's the same old story.
    I think he knows that he will be criticised if shows any sort of lenience to the wa teams and almost goes to far in trying to not have his interests and relationship with the players be an issue.

He shouldn't be put in that position and nor should the players imagine walking into work tomorrow.
    I don't think anyone would have seen him ref a force game as he have not reffed a S15 game. In fact you will find him not involved at all in any Froce games, not even as an AR for the exact reasons you have stated, i.e. a conflict of interest.

The NRC is about developing players to make the next step to S15 level and the same goes for referees. ARU had to make a decision to either let Coops ref a few Spirit games or fly him to the east to ref there. Looks like money, or lack of made that decision.

I agree that it is not an ideal situation but Coops is in an unique position with his close and working relationship with the players. He will learn a great deal from it and become a better ref from the experience.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast