Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So glad this is not our problem any more...

vCash
    Apologies wholetruth - you were right.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well, Firepower aside; I'm more interested in whether basket-cases like Giteau have matured or changed their ways since leaving. That's actually what I'm concerned about. I have to admit, in world cup years, I would like to see as many of Australia's top players back in the Super Rugby fold, though I'm sure a lot of people will see that as opportunism.

I've always had a hope in the back of mind that someone like Giteau would mature and redeem himself in the eyes of Australian rugby. As a matter of fact, I have that hope for every player.

In a perfect world, a mature Giteau and a mature JO'C together in an Australian team with an on-fire, no pissfartin around Will Genia would be something to see. Add to that an injury-free Cameron Shepherd and a last hurrah from George Smith, supported in the back-row by the industry of Hodgson and the pilfering of Pocock. And on top of that a GOOD TACTICAL COACH who understands the schoolboy errors permeating Australian rugby, the Wallabies might look like they're in a brighter position. Unfortunately, Aussie rugby's in an imperfect world at the moment

Last edited by chibi; 01-09-14 at 14:25.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Seeing as you mentioned it, it looks like Cam has packed it in and is now working in Sydney real estate. I presume he has completely retired, otherwise I would imagine he would have thought he would bring a great deal of useful experience to some the NRC teams.

vCash
    think he's been retired for a couple of years now

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I'd heard he was playing in Japan until early this year, Honda from memory.

vCash
    Well, Cam was really just an example. It could be Brock James or Lachlan McKay, anyone in fact, who hasn't made it where they could have; as far as the national team is concerned.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    So having to take something like a $100,000 paycut because firepower went bust had nothing to do with it?
    You can see why he would have been frustrated.
    I'm happy to be proven wrong
    Sorry Jono, Drew stank a long time before firepower went bust....that argument doesn't stack up.

In fact, chronologically you could make an argument that firepower caused him to become one of the better wingers running around at the time (I wouldn't argue that, but you could point to the timing)

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Apologies wholetruth - you were right.
    Humbly accepted.
    Despite the money he was given in compensation he was quick to take off when a better offer came in. Another grab-and-run mercenary with no pretence about loyalty.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Too Funny!

vCash
    Not sure if the link worked but it's another Hitler sees JOC has joined the Reds video - worth watching haha!

vCash
    WALLABIES coach Ewen McKenzie has denied reports that James O’Connor demanded a guaranteed World Cup spot to return to Australia.

McKenzie said O’Connor’s decision to leave a rich contract with Toulon signals an improved attitude.

O’Connor was revealed as a new signing for the Queensland Reds on Friday night. But unlike fellow recruit Karmichael Hunt, the ARU did not give him a financial top-up.

Playing in exile with Toulon, O’Connor reportedly demanded a spot in the Wallabies squad for next year’s World Cup from McKenzie or he’d stay with the French champions.

An unnamed source told L’Equipe: “James has two options. Either McKenzie guarantees him a place in the squad for the World Cup … or James feels that he is being recalled simply to make up the numbers, with no guarantees, in which case he will stay at Toulon.”

McKenzie on Sunday scoffed at the report before flying to Perth, where the Wallabies will play the Springboks on Saturday.

“Anyone who knows me, they don’t get any guarantees out of me about anything,” McKenzie said.

“How that’s been reported, I know that’s not his mindset because I have spoken to him. It doesn’t transfer to guaranteed selection.

“You can ask anyone in the whatever-it-is years I have been a coach, no one gets guarantees in terms of *selection. You have to earn your way in and that’ll be done next year.”

McKenzie said he had spoken or texted O’Connor “once a month” since his departure last year but only spoke contracts last week after his deal with the Reds was done.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wa...-1227043006122

vCash
    I wasn't going to say anything initially, but this article was far too loaded with self important wankerist quotes for me to resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    WALLABIES coach Ewen McKenzie has denied reports that James O’Connor demanded a guaranteed World Cup spot to return to Australia.

Mackenzie said O’Connor’s decision to leave a rich contract with Toulon signals an improved attitude.
    Particularly since he signed with Queesnland.

“Anyone who knows me, they don’t get any guarantees out of me about anything,” McKenzie said.
    I'm pretty sure you're giving some ironclad guarantees that the Wallabies will suck again this year!

“How that’s been reported, I know that’s not his mindset because I have spoken to him. It doesn’t transfer to guaranteed selection.
    no, playing in Queensland or New South Wales does.

“You can ask anyone in the whatever-it-is years I have been a coach, no one gets guarantees in terms of *selection. You have to earn your way in and that’ll be done next year.”
    really? Ask Kurtley Beale, Cliff Palu and Rob Simmons whether they think they have a guarantee.

Does McKenzie really think we buy this shit and that he's not a lapdog to the NSW and Qld rugby boards?

McKenzie said he had spoken or texted O’Connor “once a month” since his departure last year but only spoke contracts last week after his deal with the Reds was done.
    that's not a surprise, probably buttering him up to take a contract with his majority stakeholders.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    OK, here’s what we’ve got: the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires, are forcing our parents to go to bed early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner. We’re through the looking glass, here, people…

Name:  1836q1dvh83v8jpg.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  18.2 KB

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I think you're on to something, Beige.

vCash
    With you 100% Gigs!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast