Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GODWIN, MORAHAN SET FOR RUGBY RETURN WITH SPIRIT

vCash
    I see Rams were smashed by the Vikings tonight 37 -18 Tonight... Eastern States media havent really rated the Spirit as contenders but they might sit up and think about it after seeing how strong our line up is this weekend...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Also saw Steve Mafi in the Rams team. Looks promising but might need to work a bit on fitness level, although I think it was a heavy field. No doubt the Force will soon have up to him top level fitness. Kearnsey's comment about a few teams interested in Mafi - hate to break the news Kearnsey............& I don't think Steve likes the Tahs much either by his past comments.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Kearnsy has absolutely no idea, he said Alcock used to play for the Waratahs, I don't think he realises he plays for the Force. The guys rugby knowledge is non existent.

Also I know we were looking at Pakalani previously, could be worth another look

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    I see Rams were smashed by the Vikings tonight 37 -18 Tonight... Eastern States media havent really rated the Spirit as contenders but they might sit up and think about it after seeing how strong our line up is this weekend...
    From memory kearnsy last week rated the spirit as a squad to look out for and that was before the game on the weekend. It was on rugby HQ with kaffe who agreed from memory.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    From memory kearnsy last week rated the spirit as a squad to look out for and that was before the game on the weekend. It was on rugby HQ with kaffe who agreed from memory.
    He gave no credit to the Spirit for the win. All he could choke on was to say the Vikings served up rubbish. I heard that comment about teams interested in Mafi and he had to be corrected by Maloney. Kearns is a fool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Kearnsy has absolutely no idea, he said Alcock used to play for the Waratahs, I don't think he realises he plays for the Force. The guys rugby knowledge is non existent.

Also I know we were looking at Pakalani previously, could be worth another look
    Alcock got pulled after ~30 mins. Didn't look injured (was walking off OK, didn't look concussed and couldn't see any blood) but he'd been pretty anonymous during that period. However, it might be coincidence, but the Vikings played a lot better when Alcock wasn't on for the Rams (which is part of the point of a good 7, I suppose).

Mafi was OK; wasn't tearing up the opposition and was out on his feet for the last 15 minutes, but made some good tackles and even a couple of turnovers. Didn't outplay the other Rams lock, though, so I'll hold judgement, but it might have been his first game since May.

Swanepoel did well when he came on (I think it was our Swanepoel, although he's grown a real mop of hair) and made we wish he'd gotten better advice before playing in NZ and giving up residency.

And Pakalani looked good - I wouldn't be surprised if four other Super Rugby teams aren't knocking on his door if he continues playing like that.

Mogg had an absolute shocker - kicking out on the full, wild passing and slipping up for Pakalani's try. He might find the NRC actually hurts his Brumbies chances!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    They interviewed Alcock later and he said he had a sore groin, sounded more precautionary than anything coming off.

Agree the other lock had more impact than mafi but I am sure he will come good.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Mafi also had plenty of lineout takes, a genuine jumping option and he is a big unit.

I don't think the commentary are allowed to use the word Force, one of the ELV's I believe

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Can anyone confirm if the female touch judge at the Rams vs Vikings was the Aussie ref from the WRWC?

If so they should have given her the whistle. She would have done a better job than Angus bloody Gardiner!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Shaping up as a really good competition. The limited amount of game time I have seen has been really good stuff. Good onya Fox for broadcasting it. We want to see more..... How about a combined ITM Cup NRC?

vCash
    The 2 champions should play off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The 2 champions should play off.
    Would love to see that but probably won't happen until we get a bit further down the track.

vCash
    Yeah, but that would be an awesome goal to work towards!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the female touch judge at the Rams vs Vikings was the Aussie ref from the WRWC?

If so they should have given her the whistle. She would have done a better job than Angus bloody Gardiner!
    I can't find anywhere the names of the touchies last night, but Amy Perrett who reffed the WRWC certainly looks similar (right sort of height, build, and brown hair with a pony-tail). Hope she gets more of these games; first female ref of a Super Rugby match? It's not just the players who are on show in this comp.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I can't find anywhere the names of the touchies last night, but Amy Perrett who reffed the WRWC certainly looks similar (right sort of height, build, and brown hair with a pony-tail). Hope she gets more of these games; first female ref of a Super Rugby match? It's not just the players who are on show in this comp.
    Yeah, the other codes talk up female involvement in the men's game (AFL in particular). Rugby doesn't seem to. Another opportunity missed.

Plus in her case it isn't just hype. She is a pretty competent ref from what I've seen. Better than Gardiner and Leckie anyway.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast