Thread: Wallaroos

vCash

Wallaroos

Women's world cup on at the moment. Girls are playing Wales right now. 30 degrees in France so they're having extra drink breaks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Was a great game by the girls they have only concided 6 points in 2 matches.. Last night win was 25 to 3 against the welsh

vCash
    New Zealand have lost their first women's World Cup match in 24 years, going down 17-14 to Ireland!

Am still not sure of the format, though. 3 pools of 4 teams playing round-robin, and then being split into seeds where the 4th seed is the best of the 2nd place teams and the 9th seed is the worst of the 3rd place teams. Surely this is based more on the quality of the opposition rather than the strength of the team?

I'd run it as 4 pools of 3 teams playing round-robin (2 games each), with the winners of each pool playing runner-up in another pool. The winners of the 2nd round then play semi-finals and finals for the cup and the losers of the 2nd round play semi-finals and finals for 5th-8th. The four 3rd place pool teams can play a round-robin pool for 9th-12th. You get the same number of games (30), there's not a penalty for being in a strong pool, as you can come 2nd and still be in the running for the cup if you can win your 2nd round match, and there's an advantage for the 'lesser' teams as they get more games against each other and not having 10+ tries run in aginst them.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Being laid up I am watching. These games with great joy.

vCash
    A South African player suspended for eye-gouging and a Samoan player suspended for a spear tackle. Just like the men's game then!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Some nasty stuff over night though

Women’s Rugby World Cup overshadowed by spear tackle and eye-gouging incidents

STAFF WRITERS
    news.com.au
    August 07, 2014 11:36AM

DON’T let anybody ever tell you women’s rugby is not as brutal as the men’s game.

In the opening week of the Women’s Rugby World Cup in France, two players have been hit with lengthy bans for unsavoury incidents.

South African captain Mandisa Williams has been suspended for 16 weeks for foul play after being found guilty of eye-gouging during her side’s opening loss against Australia.

Samoa’s Soteria Pulumu will also miss the remainder of the World Cup after being issued a straight red card for a spear tackle on England’s Natasha Hunt.

Pulumu’s nine-week ban was reduced to five on account of her remorse and clean record.

Australia was also involved in a brutal encounter against Wales, in which the Wallaroos prevailed 25-3.

The win saw the Wallaroos take back-to-back wins and maintain their clean sheet defensively, with no tries scored against them in two games.

The real test comes on Sunday (4.45am AEST) when they play Women’s Six Nations champion and World Cup host France.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wo...-1227016337298

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Being laid up I am watching. These games with great joy.
    Watched last night Wales vs Walleroos - what a great game! All running rugby and they don't hold back at the breakdown! AND NOT TOO MUCH KICKING!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Watched last night Wales vs Walleroos - what a great game! All running rugby and they don't hold back at the breakdown! AND NOT TOO MUCH KICKING!!
    yeah I really enjoyed it. The Wallaroos full back (Hewson I think) was a behemoth with the boot. Her clearances from in the 22 would put plenty in super rugby to shame.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    The pools are finished, with the following seedings:
    Name:  WRWC 2014.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  107.7 KB
    There was a slightly dodgy 13-13 draw for England-Canada on the last day which stopped New Zealand getting into the top four as best 2nd place, so expect much howling of 'fix' from certain quarters (seeing as Canada missed 3 kicks in the draw, which way was the fix?)
    There's Francophile and Irish Sea derbies for the semis, and most likely a massive 5th-6th play-off between Australia and NZ.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon