Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Super Rugby Final

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Heck I always enjoy watching Manly play Mungo - and almost everyone detests Manly.
    Well I did say almost everyone TIF. Most of them live on the peninsular but it seems some very touchy ones come from around the Campbelltown/Minno area too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    (Just sayin')

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You can dislike the organisation(s) without extending that to the men on the field. Especially when the opposition are from overseas. Heck I always enjoy watching Manly play Mungo - and almost everyone detests Manly.
    Agree. Just hate the tahs more than the 'saders.
    Also for the record I'd think Palu is baggage no matter what team he played for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    I think we have a class flyhalf and another in the making.
    I think you're right. The few times Ive seen Sias take it to the line he has looked white hot. That might be because he's just that good running the ball, it might be because he waits until he can destroy his opposite number before running or it might be because the defense don't have a freaking clue what he's doing if he doesn't get rid of the ball in the pocket, however he DOES have a good running game and IS making steps toward using it. I think Zack and Sias are teaching each other a few things and it will be a partnership worth sticking with
    B.Foley has taken a lot of criticism before getting to this point, and he has had a standout second half of the season.
    Good stuff.
    Yes, Foley seems to have grown in confidence since the Wallabies games and that has pretty much sealed the deal for him, however he is running in the middle of a team of superstars (essentially the Wallabies playing in a provincial competition) and SHOULD be looking the goods right now. I think Sias and Zack don't have the same quality around them and therefore will take longer to sort it out but will probably be better for it. Foley is likely to become the Cliffy Palu of flyhalves because he doesn't usually play against opposition which challenges his team that much.....meet a challenge and become baggage, sound familiar?
    I will back Sias in what he is doing and what game plan is being followed as the Force progress.
    As will I, like I said, more threats around him and more pressure from Zack will do him good. At the end of the next contract we can make a decision.
    I think Zac is almost there as well. He still looks to be trying to make too much happen too quickly.
    THat's true, but Sias has calmed a lot of that in him, particularly riding the pine for significant patches of the season watching a pocket passer/kicker beat him into the 15 week in week out, Zack will either learn to steady himself a bit or learn to get comfortable with splinters

I really think the ideal for us is somewhere in the middle of the two, a threatening runner with a deadly kicking game, sound good? All we need to do is get them to draw each other to the centre and we might end up with two awesome flyhalves.

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    The response to the response makes it look as though I have contradicted my self.
    I think we have a class flyhalf and another in the making.
    B.Foley has taken a lot of criticism before getting to this point, and he has had a standout second half of the season.
    Good stuff.
    I will back Sias in what he is doing and what game plan is being followed as the Force progress.
    A little more freedom, and a little less injury disruption.
    I think Zac is almost there as well. He still looks to be trying to make too much happen too quickly. But that is hardly a criticism and the same had been pointed at B.Foley previously.

Given that opinion is everything to social media forums, out of interest who would you be looking at - realistically of course?
    I agree, that i will be backing the boys every time they run on. I don't know who the best option is. It is also really hard to tell whether he was that good due to the back RUNNING ONTO THE BALL AT PACE! but he had a great long, accurate bison of a pass.

i don't think we have that. He is also a bit nuggety, kinda like shets was. happy to get in their face.

They still have a couple more years to hit their peak, they are 24-25. so hopefully they can pull it together. But a better functioning backline will help too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3