Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Joondalup Secure Future With Finals Berth

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I call BS on that one, Yesbaby.

The only way you can assist them with visas is to sponsor them, and that requires a commitment to pay them at least $40,000 a year each. And they have to have demonstrated they have played at International or Provincial level and the sponsorship needs to be supported by the ARU and their home Union.

Very expensive and over qualified second graders, if you ask me.

So, do you run the most successful chook raffles in the universe, or are your members forking out this kind of loot?

Or are you just not telling the whole truth to the Immigration Department?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by fulvio sammut; 03-08-14 at 21:28.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I call BS on that one, Yesbaby.

The only way you can assist them with visas is to sponsor them
    could you not find them a job?

C'mon the

vCash
    They can only work a limited number of hours outside of their sporting commitments, and you have to pay them for their sport work, that's where the minimum $40k plus comes from.

You also have to cover their medical expenses and their repatriation costs if necessary.

vCash
    Remember I am not talking about working holiday visas, which apply to UK, Italy, and a number of other reciprocating countries.

I am talking about countries like Fiji and South Africa to which working holiday visas don't apply. Those nationalities have to apply for working visas, sub class sporting visas.

Disclaimer: I am not an immigration agent.

vCash
    Maybe I should make something clear. I have no antipathy towards the Joondalup club's members and players.

BUT

I am unimpressed by the way the Rugby Union shafted Rockingham this season, something they would not have done but for the lack of courage of the Union to stand up to the incessant badgering by the Joondalup club and the inaccuracies inherent in the proposals put to the Union.

Joondalup knew that, to paraphrase Paul Keating, the Union was just a shiver which had long since stopped looking for its spine, and worked on that to its advantage.

Instead of panicking over the lack of depth in the lower grades at Rockingham (due in no small part to the Union allowing splinter clubs of the disaffected being permitted to spring up like mushrooms in their back yard) a strong Union would have taken steps to ensure the viability of a club which was already very competitive in the premier grade, and located in an area where there was no other premier club. Instead of crucifying an existing successful club, the Union should have removed the splinters.

So, Joondalup, relying on the timidity of the Union, the naivety of Rockingham, and a Machiavellian exploitation of the politics of the situation, has inveigled itself into a position where it will usurp Rockingham's place.

In consequence it has wreaked havoc on premier clubs' finances by disrupting fixturing and separating those clubs' teams, has contributed to the disintegration of Wanneroo's premier grade, and fostered ill feeling and distrust throughout the Union's member clubs.

So no, I am not a fan of the Joondalup club.

Player
    vCash
    Good reads lads !!!
    Fulvio its over the brothers are going to be the 10th team which is what most clubs want, 10 team premier grade comp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post
    Outstanding use of your thesaurus as well by the way
    Sorry Baby, that was pure Fulvio there, no thesaurus required.

He actually nailed the crux of the Rockingham issue as well.....I don't think he was accusing Joondalup of orchestrating it, just of grabbing the opportunity with both hands and filling the empty spot.

BTW, I think much of the issue with Rockingham was the Naivete of the whole club (of which I was a minor part, a long time ago) in thinking that the roots from which rugby grew would be sufficient to keep them alive. The club couldn't compete in the sponsorship stakes and relied of loyalty and honour to get much of it's work done. A number of very committed and passionate club men were left out in the cold by a system which didn't support them. The splintering of the Junior club (although I understand there WERE problems which caused some of the splinter groups to pull up stumps) was the beginning of the death knell.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Good reads lads !!!
    Fulvio its over the brothers are going to be the 10th team which is what most clubs want, 10 team premier grade comp.
    Everybody wants a 10 team comp, Rocky would still like to be team number 10 I'm sure

C'mon the

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Good reads lads !!!
    Don't get to far ahead of yourselves
    If you have alook at how the rest of the club performed you would not want to enter premier grade based upon those results as it will not provide enough depth and end up destroying your club
    Spend another year in reserves and build the 19s back up and then have a crack at prems as you will end up like wanneroo and rocky if you run before you can crawl

vCash
    I'm with 7mile. You need to meet all criteria to be promoted. You need teams in prems through to fourths and a colts side. Forfeiting 4th grade on the weekend vs kala wont help your argument that you have sufficient depth nor will finishing 4th in 2nd grade. Remember prems is a step up from where you are right now. You need to knock over soaks and Pally in the finals to really push the case. Most prems teams would still put a score on your current squad.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    And I'm also with Fuvio when he states that the impact of Joondalups push for prems is destroying some clubs bar takings. Our bar takings at kala have nosedived big-time. All clubs have had to make up the shortfall caused by the ridiculous fixturing to accommodate Joondalups ambition.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    It's "you're"
    and "here"
    and "too"

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yes, I am

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    crickey,you and Alison are on the happy pills tonight!

Champion
    vCash
    I've actually had a little bit to do with Joondalup after they combined with our 19's to give kid's a game of rugby and they are no different to any other club.
    Full of passionate hardworking rugby men as are every single one of us and they know it's going to be hard and have never stated otherwise.
    They should be welcomed into premier grade with open arms ,not blamed with the way the comp was structured this season.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I have to say if i was in JB boots, I'd grab the Prem spot with both hands & feet then work at it tirelessly. They're proof indeed of that level of committment.
    If RWA had been strong, then any kind of paranoia from the other clubs about their strategy would have been quashed, but RWA are not a strong union at all & JB's push has absolutely nothing to do with Rocky.
    Look at the location / catchment areas, they should be competing to stretch the reach of the sport over the whole state, it is such a huge potential situation to grow the game ..... The NRL are !!!! Coffee to be smelt here ?!

So, how are RWA going to proceed with 2015 ... is there anyone out there looking at community rugby or do they with a successful Force, it doesn't matter.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast