Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gridiron WA starting soon

Apprentice
    vCash

Gridiron WA starting soon

HI Folks, not to be a damper on a rugby forum, but thought it would be nice to let everyone know that the Perth area is looking for players, coaches and refs for the upcoming 2006/2007 gridiron campaign.

To anyone who thinks that gridiron is not rugby, please dont be mistaken. Rugby and Gridiron have roots that go back together into the late 1800's as Gridiron was concieved because of bad injurys and some deaths. Thanks to the other poster in this forum that posted this! Even I didnt know that!!!!

Gridiron West is looking for anyone who would like to use Gridiron to cross train for rugby. It would be a great way to keep your stamina, reflexes, and competitive edge for your next rugby campaign.

If you would be interested, please visit our website at http://www.gridironwest.com. We have a good juniors and seniors division that are always looking for new players.

Thanks for your time and yes, I was and will be again a nickle season ticket holder of the Western Force.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    100 yards of pitch, 22 players and 5 officials and all you get is photos of the cheerleaders!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    RR, you must have balls the size of coconuts to make that your first post but welcome aboard anyway!
    Hope the gridiron goes well and you don't pinch too many of our big fellas from the Club scene.
    Roll on S14 '07!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I'm just hoping this doesn't set the whole grid iron vs rugby argument going again. Was glad we finally got that all sorted.
    And yes you are brave but all the same welcome. any friend of the force is a friend of mine.
    it's a shame julian (LarryNJ junior) lives in America otherwise you may just have had a taker there. has he posted at all lately? or did shaun scare him off for good? or did he earn his old man the vcash then bugger off?
    come back julian! we're not that bad.

I made Happy sad...

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessc
    I'm just hoping this doesn't set the whole grid iron vs rugby argument going again. Was glad we finally got that all sorted.
    And yes you are brave but all the same welcome. any friend of the force is a friend of mine.
    it's a shame julian (LarryNJ junior) lives in America otherwise you may just have had a taker there. has he posted at all lately? or did shaun scare him off for good? or did he earn his old man the vcash then bugger off?
    come back julian! we're not that bad.
    Nope, I dont want that at all either. This is just a friendly post so that way people can have something to do during the off season. I am a huge rugby fan and both sports are different but the same in some ways. If there is an argument about what is the better sport, its not by ME! I love rugby and if I ever get this body in a better shape then round, I would try non contact rugby as its now my fav sport.

But to give people an option other ten sitting around and drinking and eating, I extend the Gridiron season to anyone who would like to give it a go.

Even if you dont play, hope we can get some suport from the rugby world as its fun to watch.

Anyway, yes, I have big balls, but most of all, I do it as a Western Force Member for 2006. Can't wait till the coming season for 2007.

Mike

100 yards of pitch, 22 players and 5 officials and all you get is photos of the cheerleaders!

vCash
    you raise a good point about the off season mike. It is responsible for the formation of many a beer gut. hehe.
    Lucky for me i love cricket as well so in the winter i get rugby and afl and in the summer i get cricket. i'm a happy camper all year round.
    but i must confess to have never have watched a game of gridiron unless it was in a cliche american teen film (ie varsity blues)
    If i find myself with nothing to do on a saturday (or sunday or whenever the games are played) i will wonder down and have a look at the youngsters playing american football. Who knows, i could learn a thing or two.

good to have you on board mike! I'm a new member myself. how good is this site!?!

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessc
    it's a shame julian (LarryNJ junior) lives in America otherwise you may just have had a taker there. has he posted at all lately? or did shaun scare him off for good?
    Shaun didn't scare him off. The weather has been very hot here lately and he has been spending alot of time at his buddy's house swimming.

Welcome aboard Rumrunner, anyone who has Rum in his name, supports the Force & plays football is cool in my book!

Apprentice
    vCash
    LarryNJ, bloody hell dude, I used to live about 60 miles north of where this map you have attached to your profile. I used to live for 36 years in Westchester County just north of NYC.

Anyway, Hope to see some people be interested in ole griddy as its alot of fun.

Mike

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner
    LarryNJ, bloody hell dude, I used to live about 60 miles north of where this map you have attached to your profile. I used to live for 36 years in Westchester County just north of NYC.

Anyway, Hope to see some people be interested in ole griddy as its alot of fun.

Mike

only a few degrees of seperation on this site!!!

Good signature RumRunner but whats wrong with just getting photos of cheer leaders, they're much easier on the eye than the boof heads in pads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner
    Bloody hell dude? Is this a good thing?

vCash
    Oh Larry your such a funny guy...

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Apprentice
    vCash
    Gridiron can be useful to rugby players. The Wallabies have spent a lot of time analysing the way Gridiron player twist and turn out of the tackle; some displays of which you could see in the Aus-SA game.

Apprentice
    vCash
    There are alot of good things that come out of cross training. Flield Goals are one of them. In Griddy, you have field goals and extra points, you can never have enough practice.

Also punting is helpful for the out of bounds angle kicks.

Just to name a few.

Mike

Apprentice
    vCash
    Just to get this back in peoples minds, gridiron season is one month away and teams are still looking for players for anyone that would like to do some cross training for rugby.

Again, I am not trying to steal anyone, I just want to give others a chance to do something during the off season to keep sharp.

Cheers

Mike

vCash
    Go "Westside Steelers!"

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ
    Go "Westside Steelers!"
    Well, atleast you know a team playing in the league. That is a start!

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast