Thread: Cott up to old tricks

Champion
    vCash

Cott up to old tricks

Interesting to see Chris Walker named at 7 for Cott for tomorrows clash for the first time this season with Wests. He played I think 8 or 9 games for them last season before taking up a professional overseas contract.
    He has obviously been flown in to increase Cott's chances come finals time and I could be wrong but apart from Force players don't club players have to play a certain amount of games to qualify.
    Would have thought you would use players from within your club because they are who are eligible unless Chook has got some kind of special dispensation because he has run out of loose forwards.
    Better of giving your colt players an opportunity.
    Be interesting to see how this pans out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I thought you had to play five games before the finals, not including the finals

Rookie
    vCash
    Played two already from what I was told.
    Speaking to the guys at uni he was there for that fixture which as he was scoring tries in the highlight reel from last round means he has played 2...
    Have to admit I'm not overly concerned about him coming back, great to know the local comp is good enough to tempt blokes like him back.. If colts are good enough they will get a crack..
    Looking forward to seeing the remaining rounds with the Force boys now they are unfortunately out of the S15.. All the teams in contention will be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Interesting to see Chris Walker named at 7 for Cott for tomorrows clash for the first time this season with Wests. He played I think 8 or 9 games for them last season before taking up a professional overseas contract.
    He has obviously been flown in to increase Cott's chances come finals time and I could be wrong but apart from Force players don't club players have to play a certain amount of games to qualify.
    Would have thought you would use players from within your club because they are who are eligible unless Chook has got some kind of special dispensation because he has run out of loose forwards.
    Better of giving your colt players an opportunity.
    Be interesting to see how this pans out.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Who ever the fuck he is, he'll get dispensation.

Karma.

Champion
    vCash
    First time I've seen him on team lists

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll give you a hint, Westie, Christopher Walker is the name of the Ghost Who Walks, the Man Who Cannot Die, the Guardian of the Eastern Dark, the Mysterious Commander of the Jungle patrol, the Phantom.

Many clubs have them, Wests and Cottesloe have had more than most, lately.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    Have to admit I'm not overly concerned about him coming back, great to know the local comp is good enough to tempt blokes like him back..
    A healthy earn courtesy of Acton Real Estate helps

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 19-07-14 at 09:46. Reason: quotes

Veteran
    vCash
    perhaps he is back in town for a while whilst he's not playing overseas and wanted a run with his old team?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Congratulations on the result Westie

Champion
    vCash
    Cheers Dizzy it was a strange game, after 20 minutes I thought we were going to cop a real beating but maybe we have a bit more than I thought we had. Your mob must of gutsed out a tight one

Apprentice
    vCash
    Couldn't make it today due to work but told it was a Penalty 'after the siren' to get up by three