Thread: Sliding Sideliner

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Sliding Sideliner

AS far as match-day innovations go, this would have to be one of the best we’ve seen.

A couch that slides along the sideline in synch with the on-field action will be unveiled by Samsung at this year’s Bledisloe Cup match in Sydney.
    A world-first, the four-seater “Slideliner” will roll from tryline to tryline at ANZ Stadium at the comfortable speed of 20kmh.
    Wallabies players recently shot a television commercial for the Slideliner and were highly impressed.
    “It’s like Samsung Gold Class, like you’re at the cinemas but instead you’re watching a football game, it’s certainly the best seats in the house,” Adam Ashley-Cooper said.
    “This has certainly never been done at any sporting venue across my travels. I have seen a spa, a jacuzzi on the side of a football field in Durban, but this is a drier, much nicer option.”

Halfback Nick Phipps added: “I liken it to the Olympic 100m sprint camera just sliding up and down the field, it’s one of those money-can’t-buy things, it will be good for the winner.
    “It’s probably one of the best games in the world, the Bledisloe, and this is debuting there.”
    One winner will choose three mates to join them on the Slideliner for Australia’s huge match against the All Blacks on August 16 in Homebush.
    The Slideliner will also be in use for the Wallabies’ Test in Perth against South Africa on September 6, and the third Bledisloe in Brisbane on October 18.
    To get on the Slideliner, you have to buy a Samsung Smart TV anytime between next Monday (July 14) and September 30 and enter online at samsungslideliner.com.au.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Spilt beer anyone?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    The thing sounds horrendous to me!

vCash
    $5 they get off it at half time with motion sickness!