Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 Force v Blues - Game thread

vCash
    Gonna be a ripper seeing MMM back with Hodgo & Benny Mac! But Christ what do we do to keep getting these nobhead refs - is that the ranga headed guy we've had before who likes to breastfeed his whistle the entire game?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    From What I have seen this season ( and I hope the break has not been a break ) no matter who from the club that has had time on the paddock ( except Young Paddy ) will do us proud..

The 23 player picked will no doubt be firing to poss lock in a longer season this yr

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I like the balance in our side. If forwards win games then we have the pack to do it.

On another note, did anyone catch the rugby club this evening? Hardly a word on the Force. Kafer has written us off.

The panel spent a large part of the program blowing smoke up Michael Chieka's a@#e. Chieks looks like a muppet, and talks like he has the IQ of one too.

Then there was Mr Graham, who basically vilified the players choosing to leave the Reds by saying that their stats showed they didn't put in!!! Ahh, projection is such a primitive defence mechanism.

Here's BeeJay's tip = Dickie will not be the Reds coach next year.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sorry to say I will not make it to the game. All I can say is GO HARD guys and believe in yourselves. I know you can do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Kafer has written us off.
    Ok hands up, who thought that was a good thing?
    The panel spent a large part of the program blowing smoke up Michael Chieka's a@#e. Chieks looks like a muppet, and talks like he has the IQ of one too.
    you knew they were all going to be lining up to kneel in front of him, why is that a surprise? I thought Cheika was pretty good actually, he certainly seems to have the confidence to maybe shut up the voices that have been the demise of the tahs since forever. The only real gaffe I picked up was his joke about smashing his piggy bank if the ARU don't pay Kurtley enough (to stay at the Tahs) I guess he isn't smart enough to realize that the rest of Australia don't know the incestuous funding arrangements in Sydney.
    Then there was Mr Graham, who basically vilified the players choosing to leave the Reds by saying that their stats showed they didn't put in!!! Ahh, projection is such a primitive defence mechanism.

Here's BeeJay's tip = Dickie will not be the Reds coach next year.
    yes, but Dicky is desperately hanging onto his job by the fingernails, he certainly can't admit on national television that he's taken a team full of players who (and I quote) know how to win and turned them into a group of individuals who know how to find new and interesting ways to lose and blame others for the result.

And in response to the tip.....I'm not ready to see him move from the Reds yet, I hope Jim Carmichael is of the same mind!

C'mon the

vCash
    On another note, did anyone catch the rugby club this evening? Hardly a word on the Force. Kafer has written us off.
    No surprises there. They did the exact same thing at the beginning of the season. Only difference this time was that Horan kept his mouth shut.

The bit that pissed me off more was them saying that if we don't make the finals from here, then basically the season was a write off.

Ram their words back down their throats boys.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    And Growden said this week that he hoped the Blues would put us in our rightful place - with the losers.

Another reason to win and win big, guys!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    And Growden said this week that he hoped the Blues would put us in our rightful place - with the losers.
    I'd be more worried if he tipped the Force

vCash
    Growden is a troll of the worst sort.
    He knows that 'controversy' will get him site hits.
    The best thing to do is ignore him and stop giving him attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Growden is a troll of the worst sort.
    He knows that 'controversy' will get him site hits.
    The best thing to do is ignore him and stop giving him attention.
    Apparently that's easier said than done by a lot of TWF users.
    Even though we can basically prove he writes articles to troll this site directly.

vCash
    Maybe we should nominate one member who reads his stuff (I don't) to do a cut and paste.
    It doesn't matter what any of those muppets say. It's up to the team. If Kafer & Co want to stoke up the seige mentality a little more, it's all good.
    The real experts who make or break by their judgement - the real world bookies, including those in NZ- are predicting a narrow Force win. And that will do me.
    Dead set!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post

Another reason to win and win big, guys!!
    He REALLY said that! I would love to jump on the b&$@?/d with great physical dexterity (I'd find it from somewhere!) and mutilate him beyond all recognition !

Make the PLONKER! eat his pathetic opinion boys! C'ARN the mighty Force!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Friday, 27 June 2014

SUPER RUGBY – WEEK 17: WESTERN FORCE V BLUES

The Western Force returns home to the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) this Saturday (28 June) after the international break to take on the ninth-placed Blues.

The Force is currently sitting seventh on the Asteron Super rugby ladder with eight wins, and will be chasing their sixth successive win at home in 2014 against the Auckland side.

The Force welcomes back six players from injury, including scrumhalf Alby Mathewson, who will come up against his former side for the first time since joining the Western Australian club last year.

Mathewson (ankle) will be joined in the match day 23 by Hugh McMeniman (collarbone), Ben McCalman (groin), Marcel Brache (ankle), Tetera Faulkner (back) and Solomoni Rasolea (wrist), who all return to the Western Force line-up from injury.

The Blues have recalled All Black back-rower Steven Luatua to the starting line-up while Francis Saili makes his return from injury via the Auckland bench.

Club & Country
    Western Force players will wear their club socks for the match as part of the ‘Club & Country’ theme, as part of a tribute to the clubs and nationalities that make up and support Western Australian rugby. There will also be a parade of clubs and nationalities that support the rugby community in WA prior to the match.

Captured by Canon
    The Force’s ‘Captured by Canon’ social media wall on the big screen will be in full swing on Saturday night! If you’re snapping a #selfie at the game tonight make sure you tag #canoncollective and you will be in the running to win a Canon camera! Make sure you also have your photo taken at the Canon Photo Booth with a Western Force player at Gate 1!

McDonald’s High Ball
    To celebrate ‘Club & Country’, McDonald’s will be giving four lucky contestants the opportunity to win up to $2,000 for themselves and their chosen local rugby club under the McDonald’s Half-Time High Ball at half time!

Best in Blue
    Make sure you’re dressed in your Force kit and keep an eye out for our roving camera, who will be looking for our ‘Best in Blue’! Our winner will receive a wristwatch valued at more than $500 from our Official Man of the Match Partner, Haigh & Hastings.

Free WiFi
    Our friends at WAtoday will be providing free WiFi! Make sure you join the conversation about the match by using the official hashtag - #FORvBLU – and by checking-in on Facebook at the ground!

Tickets for Saturday night’s match are still available through www.ticketmaster.com.au.

Western Force v Blues
    The ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium), Perth
    Saturday, 26 April June, 2014
    Time: 7.45pm
    Gates Open: 6.15pm
    Coverage: Live on 990am (WA listeners).
    Weather Forecast: Min: 10C Max: 17C. Sunny
    Official Twitter hashtag: #FORvBLU
    Live match updates available on Twitter (@westernforce) with half-time/full-time scores available on Facebook (facebook.com/westernforce)

Last Meeting: Blues 32 def Western Force 9 in Pretoria (2012)
    Head to head: Played 7 – Western Force 1; Blues 5; Drawn 1
    In Perth: Played – Western Force 0; Blues 2; Drawn 1
    Biggest win: Western Force 27 def Blues 17 in North Harbour (2008)
    Biggest loss: Blues 39 def Western Force 8 in Auckland (2006)

2014 record:
    Western Force: Played 13; Won 8, Lost 5; 23pts (7th)
    Blues: Played 13; Won 6, Drawn 7, Lost: 5; 19pts (9th)

Western Force: 1. Pek Cowan, 2. Nathan Charles, 3. Kieran Longbottom, 4. Sam Wykes, 5. Adam Coleman, 6. Hugh McMeniman, 7. Matt Hodgson (c), 8. Ben McCalman, 9. Alby Mathewson, 10. Sias Ebersohn, 11. Nick Cummins, 12. Chris Tuatara-Morrison, 13. Marcel Brache, 14. Dane Haylett-Petty, 15. Jayden Hayward. Res: 16. Heath Tessmann, 17. Tetera Faulkner, 18. Oliver Hoskins, 19. Wilhelm Steenkamp, 20. Brynard Stander, 21. Ian Prior, 22. Zack Holmes, 23 Solomoni Rasolea.
    Coach: Michael Foley

Blues: 1. Tony Woodcock, 2. Keven Mealamu, 3. Charlie Faumuina, 4. Tom Donnelly, 5. Patrick Tuipulotu, 6. Steven Luatua, 7. Luke Braid, 8. Jerome Kaino, 9. Bryn Hall, 10. Ihaia West, 11. George Moala, 12. Ma’a Nonu, 13. Pita Ahki, 14. Frank Halai, 15. Lolagi Visinia. Res: 16. James Parsons, 17. Angus Ta’avao, 18. Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 19. Hayden Triggs, 20. Peter Saili, 21. Piri Weepu, 22. Francis Saili, 23. Tevita Li.
    Coach: Sir John Kirwan

Referee: Rohan Hoffmann

Curtain Raiser
    Pacific Rugby Cup: Guildford Grammar v Downlands College
    Kick-off: 5.35pm
    Perth’s Guildford Grammar First XV will take on the travelling Downlands College from Toowoomba, Queensland.

Transport Information
    Please note: Public transport is included as part of your ticket/membership. Full information on Transperth timetabling for Western Force matches can be found at www.transperth.wa.gov.au.

For the latest information on any road closures and how they could affect you please visit the MainRoads WA website: www.mainroads.wa.gov.au

Parking
    Very limited car parking is available at nib Stadium. Parking is available at East Perth rail terminal (adjacent to East Parade), Royal Street, Central TAFE (Fielder Street), Royal Perth Hospital (Moore Street), Newcastle Street, Pier Street (south of Edward Street only), William Street (near Newcastle Street), Stirling Street (south of Bulwer Street only), and Brisbane Street.

Disabled (ACROD) car parking areas are available and are located on Pier Street, Brewer Street and on Loton Park (fee applies) on match days only

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    I'm going to miss the game for an engagement party very sadly! Have made sure a replacement cheer squad will use our seats. Does anyone know if the game is on the radio? Or online somewhere? Can listen in my car in the way.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Coverage: Live on 990am (WA listeners).

From the above

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast