Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Club rugby format for 2015??+faceless+faceless

Champion
    vCash
    Gents - there are issues such as Tribalism we need to look at too. Some guys want to be at one club from junior to senior and then crusty status. I think you are touching on an aspect which is being addressed. Are the clubs - whether Chardonnay or District focusing on skill and pathway to the Force or social and participation? Is there room to cater for both Rugby types at a single club?

Sevenmile - I hear you but won't follow you. "It's not the critic that counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement. And at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash

To the faceless men who are controling WA rugby

Gents back in 2002 I was necking down an emu export at Kuhl park watching the mighty Arks play Cottesloe and discussing the slow demise of our club by the strong chardonnay clubs and saying to my fellow Arks supporter should we stand up to the WARU and these clubs who were poaching our imports , his comment was , The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort , but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy . How I had wished I had listen to this wise man and stood up to the Chardonnay clubs. Join together club members and demand that the faceless men front each club and there members and explain there agenda . Im Darren Hinch

vCash
    Do you need to borrow a tin foil hat?
    Anyways, I was at ARKS for years. Even during the relegation from first grade years. The main problem was some of the old brigade at the club were unwilling to restructure the club for the better. The inner city clubs didn't create this situation. ARKS members were simply not willing to evolve to survive. ARKS once had the highest number of junior registered players in WA but lacked the vision and administrative nous to build a strong premiership club. Instead ARKS wasted good money after bad trying to buy success through mercenaries. The people who took the bread roles elsewhere did so because the membership voted for death by a thousand cuts. It's taken 14 years but ARKS are on the way back up.
    So in reality ARKS problems were caused by bad management not external sources. Much like Rocky.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Red Carded
    vCash
    No disrespect son but I beg to differ and if in those days we stood together like men and not taken off to other clubs when the going got tuff we may still have been a premier club . DARE TO STRUGGLE DARE TO WIN. I'm Darren Hinch

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    DARE TO STRUGGLE DARE TO WIN.
    Sounds like the CFMEU to me

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Hansie , I learned that courage was not the absence of fear but the triumph over it . The brave man is not he who feel afraid , but he who feel afraid , but he couquers that fear . The clubs will rise against the faceless men my friend . Fear it .

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    keep the red flag flying comrade

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    a faceless man who shows his face
    deadset
    that will do me
    Bloody Hansie ruining everything again, I knew he couldn't keep a secret.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    , whose face is "
    ...faceless

vCash
    For Rugby WA Uber Local Comp Directorate - “The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end.”
    ― Leon Trotsky

vCash
    12 team premier grade comp by 2024. Joondalup, Mandurah and one other. Only filed teams to 4th grade who play other prems division clubs plus u20s team who plays both divisions teams. 4-6 club second division comp. This comp featuring one first team plus either second grade or u/20s team playing prems u/20 or both.

Last edited by NTT; 26-06-14 at 19:11.
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    2014? Is that RugbyWA's plan for the future?

Yeah, it'll be bad form to speak ill of the dead by then.

Champion
    vCash
    Zed - sorry for not answering you earlier. I try to visit a different club each Thursday night when not helping out at my Club and have only been to Joondalup and Curtin so far with respect to Championship clubs. I did catch up with the Mandurah Pirates and Kwinana guys last Wednesday one on one seperately - so to speak , before and after the presentation, and ran out time to get with Southern Lions. There have been e-mail correspondence and good feedback from others including ARKS and Bunbury to RugbyWA.

vCash

Red face

??

Last edited by SirRichie; 28-06-14 at 11:08.

Red Carded
    vCash

Stand up and face the members

To the faceless men of West Australia rugby , I was once watching a club game one Sunday afternoon at Perry lakes with a comrade and mentioned to him about the growing population in Rockingham and Joondalup and how it would be in the interests of rugby to have premier clubs out there instead of the 6 chardonnay clubs that are all grouped together. Then I said maybe im thinking to much and necked down another EMU export . An old fellow behind me tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear " A mind is like a parachute , it doesn't work if it isn't open . Open your minds faceless men and listen to the member's ,face the member's , the drums are starting to beat , Im Darren Hinch

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast