Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Australia v France 3rd Test - TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    P.S - Thanks to @DoveMenAU for the tickets

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I think we might be getting a bit of anti NSW bias get in the way with some of our comments. I know in years past Waratahs players have been picked that shouldn't have but this year they are winning games and the players are in form. People were criticizing the selections of Palu and Skelton during the week and both of them were dominant players on the weekend. Palu made a much bigger impact than McCalman would have on the weekend (although McCalman was also good off the bench) only problem is that he will probably be injured again next week.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I am sorry but I don't get it - Skelton, whilst a lump of a lad, is great for 20 mins then goes missing. Watch him as he comes off at half time.. he can hardly walk and that is not from his work rate, its because he is unfit. Yes he scored.. yes he had a couple of runs but when has an International team had room for a player, no matter how hyped, that cannot run for at least two thirds of the game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    You guy's are so right ,the AB's are on a downward spiral cos they are now all too old and too slow.I just hope the mighty green and golds don't humiliate them too much on their way to winning the Bledisloe and next year the World Cup with Izzy being acclaimed as the best player the world has seen
    Wow! Bit of a Freudian slip there Westie? Nobody around here said anything like that, far as I can see (but I'd take it). But the questions are being openly asked in NZ about some of your top players and whether it's wise to retain the status quo through to RWC. Nothing new there. The NZ media and public have always been the hardest judges.

Like I said, the change I would make is Carter to 12 (if his sabbatical has worked) and Fekitoa at 13. I'd stick with Barett and Cruden to fight it out for 12 looking to the future.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post

All Blacks have a squad of 32 with 10 players 30 yrs and over so next yr that will make them lacking in the run up to world cup as they seem to carry them to long..
    SBW anyone

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    You guy's are so right ,the AB's are on a downward spiral cos they are now all too old and too slow.I just hope the mighty green and golds don't humiliate them too much on their way to winning the Bledisloe and next year the World Cup with Izzy being acclaimed as the best player the world has seen
    Jeez you can get precious where the ABs are concerned Westie.

You're normally a pretty solid bloke, but scratch at the wrong nerve.......

I reckon the ABs looked a little off against England, Game one was a joke but the rest of the series they were deserving winners......the question is really about how that English team stacks up against the French. By all reports (I havent watched any 6 nations) they were a level above and that means we have some improving to do. There is, though, some wisdom to the concern about an ageing AllBlacks coming into another World Cup. I think the greater concern isn't that the team is getting older (it is, but the players are all earning their spot) it is more a case of what is in the wings. Why is Keven Mealamu the second best Hooker in the country? He's about a million years old, playing at the level he is is remarkable, but there will have to come a point where he hangs up the zimmer and lets a young buck have a crack.....how much will they lose as a result. The same can be said for a fair number of their pack and a couple of their backs.

If those observations interfere with your religious practices then you might just have to genuflect to your altar a couple more times, because that's how I see it (and like every year, I enter the Bledisloe season thinking "why NOT this year")

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

I reckon the ABs looked a little off against England, Game one was a joke but the rest of the series they were deserving winners......the question is really about how that English team stacks up against the French. By all reports (I havent watched any 6 nations) they were a level above and that means we have some improving to do. There is, though, some wisdom to the concern about an ageing AllBlacks coming into another World Cup. I think the greater concern isn't that the team is getting older (it is, but the players are all earning their spot) it is more a case of what is in the wings. Why is Keven Mealamu the second best Hooker in the country? He's about a million years old, playing at the level he is is remarkable, but there will have to come a point where he hangs up the zimmer and lets a young buck have a crack.....how much will they lose as a result. The same can be said for a fair number of their pack and a couple of their backs.

If those observations interfere with your religious practices then you might just have to genuflect to your altar a couple more times, because that's how I see it (and like every year, I enter the Bledisloe season thinking "why NOT this year")
    The same can be said for the BOCS! Schalk Burger, victor , Steyn to name just 3!

vCash
    Yeah, but I think the Bokke will suffer more for it!

C'mon the

vCash
    SBW anyone
    Spoiled for choice as usual.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash

Just a little bit of a wind up Gigs, didn't think you would take it so serious and your right ,carton collection time is just round the corner

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Just a little bit of a wind up Gigs, didn't think you would take it so serious and your right ,carton collection time is just round the corner
    Count your self lucky. At least your masochistic mates seem to pay up, by the looks anyway.

vCash
    Cool, so I like, totally missed that, but I know I'm as precious as I accuse you of being.

You never know, we might get it this year, stranger things have happend, pigs are already winging their way south for the winter now that NSW has won Origin.

C'mon the

vCash
    Cool, so I like, totally missed that, but I know I'm as precious as I accuse you of being.

You never know, we might get it this year, stranger things have happend, pigs are already winging their way south for the winter now that NSW has won Origin.
    Coulda picked a better omen. Origin only took the Blues 8 years.

vCash
    Shas, it feels like we haven't won a Bledisloe in that long.

C'mon the

vCash
    what is this bledisloe that you speaketh?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast