Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies Team for Ist Test v France

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well done to the Honey Badger, and to Pek and Ben Mac for snaring bench spots.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What about Nathan - also missed out?

vCash
    It is obvious that the Wallaby selectors do not have the vision most of us on this site have. Give it time and Benny, Pek, Cheese and Hodgo will be regulars in the Wallaby starting side. The international season is fairly long and hard and some of the current Wallaby selections will fall by the wayside, just in time for our boys to step up.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kept One View Post
    It is obvious that the Wallaby selectors do not have the vision most of us on this site have. Give it time and Benny, Pek, Cheese and Hodgo will be regulars in the Wallaby starting side. The international season is fairly long and hard and some of the current Wallaby selections will fall by the wayside, just in time for our boys to step up.

I do agree and it would be nicer if they did have the 3 week break and we get a finals berth then all our lads finish S15 and get Wallaby runs after that

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    "It is obvious that the Wallaby selectors do not have the vision most of us on this site have."
    Couldn't agree more.
    If K Bomb had been selected in the wider training group last year, it may have given him some hope of earning a Wallabies jersey.
    But I think we all know that it's hard to break the cycle for the coaching panel, as it is much easier to stick with what you have.
    Damn shame, as it is another shining star lost to overseas. Good luck Kieran, I will be following your journey on the Saracens site, and watching any of the matches that are on. Maybe a good reason to keep Setanta.

vCash
    Hey Bunter, I was wondering what the feeling was down at the club re Kieran going OS. was it a hearty good onya for signing a contract that will see you set up for life or a Bugger, you could have been Rocky's first home grown Wallaby! (not that that's necessarily off the cards right now)

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hey Bunter, I was wondering what the feeling was down at the club re Kieran going OS. was it a hearty good onya for signing a contract that will see you set up for life or a Bugger, you could have been Rocky's first home grown Wallaby! (not that that's necessarily off the cards right now)
    My bet is it was one, then the other.

vCash
    Knowing the club the latter only crossed their minds for a second and then turned in to "bloody useless ARU shafting us just as hard as RugbyWA"

C'mon the

vCash
    Sorry GIGS a bit late getting back. I actually don't know what the feeling is at the club as I have not been there for three years, but I do keep a good interest in what is going on there.
    Most people I have spoken with respect Kieran's decision and wish him well. I guess at 28 years old he has decided that a very good offer from Saracens, was better than a possible/maybe chance of making the Wallabies, and a same again offer from the Force. I personally think he has had a good season with the Force, and he may have had some leverage at gaining an improved contract.
    The opportunities that come up these days in professional rugby are very tempting to players, and the offer of playing the sport you love and getting rewarded well for that, is surely hard to refuse.
    Kieran has always been a fantastic Club man and maintains good contact with many of his old playing mates and friends, and I am sure they would be so pleased to see Kieran continue to play at a high standard. We would all like to see him return one day and take his rightful spot in the National team. (notwithstanding his UK family ties of course ---------)

vCash
    Even if Kieran had made the Wallabies this year, he would have had to wait 2 years for his top up, right? In which case his decision to go to Sarries makes even more financial sense

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I believe you are accurate Allison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    I guess at 28 years old he is upholding his contractual responsibility, as a Perth born lad, to go work in the UK for a year, and see the sites!
    fixed that for you! haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    (notwithstanding his UK family ties of course ---------)
    RWC 2015? Now that would be as ironic as it is unlikely, and I'd still wish him all the best. But not the same to his team.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The news from Rex's stable............

Palu has been in career best form. He is hitting and hurting. He was awesome against the Chiefs.
    McCalman has also been in career best form and is working harder around the field in my opinion. Great to have this form in Oz rugby and pressure for positions. You have to perform or you are out. Australian rugby fueled with old school tie myopia has needed depth and competition for positions to break out of a comfort zone. For a century there has been a culture of mediocrity based on preserving the status quo and persisting with people past their used by date due to "jobs for the boys"

Talent and form are the new selection criteria. Hooo aghhhhhhh

The French pack is massive and our locks are pretty soft in my opinion. I think this is why Palu is starting. McCalman will get game time. It's a 23 man game now.

The team was picked on form? Why is Kepu and Slipper starting? Why is Simmons starting at lock? He doesn't bring a lot of impact in my opinion. Having Simmons start is like taking a tampon to a knife fight against a very large and agressive pack.........he calls lineouts sigh

Not sure about the halves. Foley has been going well and his goal kicking has been good. Can't deny him a start I suppose. I'm not sure about the combination with White though. Time will tell. White has a good long kicking game. I prefer halfbacks that shred defences however.

I'm not raving about our pack with the players that were available for selection. Happy with Fardy at 6 though. Happy to give Palu a start at 8 because there is a lack of impact and mongrel. I hope they prove me wrong

Skelton should come off the bench. He is massive, hits hard and carries the ball over the advantage line. Australia has rarely had forwards that bash people up. I was hoping for some real c.u.n.tea in our pack.

Link has gone for workers. Rex goes for massive carnts that hurt people and put terror in the opposition. Springbok and Allblack packs don't intimidate easily. We need some real mean farkers

Sam Carter doesn't fit the job description. He'll probably score 3 tries and get MOM now

Some real pace on the wings would be nice

regards
    Rex

Controversy corner

vCash

Samsung and Izzy #Whathappensnext

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast