Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Former coach John Mitchell backs Western Force to make maiden finals series

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    its Pimms you twat,no wonder they gave you the arse
    Posted via mobile Gunny you gimp. It has auto post that changes your words or something gay. I'm too farking blind to see the screen and having very large man paddles to type creates special pressures. Deal with it

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    WOW!! FoxSports predicting that we'll finish 4th behind Tahs, Saders & Sharks!

How awesome would that be?!!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...ce=twitterfeed

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    WOW!! FoxSports predicting that we'll finish 4th behind Tahs, Saders & Sharks!

How awesome would that be?!!

Alison, you able to cut and paste the article if its not too big ? - don't allow twitter at work....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    Alison, you able to cut and paste the article if its not too big ? - don't allow twitter at work....
    This just the part of the article that is about the Force. The rest of the article goes through all of the contenders for finals.

The link takes you to the Fox Sports website not Twitter.

WESTERN FORCE – 36 POINTS

Predicted finish: Fourth, 46 points

The run home: Blues (H), Reds (H), Brumbies (A)

The surprise-packets of 2014 are still very much in the playoffs hunt and can take a major step towards a maiden semi-finals appearance over the next two weeks.

The Force welcome the Blues and Reds to nib Stadium over the next fortnight and with a boisterous home crowd behind them back-to-back wins are certainly not out of the question.

That would likely setup a crunch final-round clash with the Brumbies in Canberra where they may still require one, or possibly even two, bonus points to qualify for the post-season.

Crucially, they already have eight wins – one more than both the Hurricanes and Highlanders – as the number of victories is the first measure used to separate teams that finish on equal points.

Injury update: Kyle Godwin (knee), Luke Morahan (hamstring) and Chris Alcock (shoulder) remain on the injured list but could return for next week’s clash with Queensland. There is good news in the form of Alby Mathewson and Hugh McMeniman however with both players rated a good chance of playing against the Blues.

vCash
    thanks Jargs

vCash
    Shit! Godwin and Morahan still in rehab. Two big blows IMO. We have good squad depth to cover but not as good as those two.

Great news about Alcock though. Didn't expect him back until next year. A couple of runs from the bench should see him fit for the play offs.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Shit! Godwin and Morahan still in rehab. Two big blows IMO. We have good squad depth to cover but not as good as those two.
    Yeah those two are big outs. Interestingly I'm more worried about covering Mozza than Kyle, Burto should be back and ready to light the joint up after missing most of the JRC getting splinters, he'll go alright if the games before he left are any indication. I don't think the calculations for outside backs are that easy. I guess I would be getting Junior back into 13 and Marcel on the bench. I'd prefer to have the class of Dane on the bench with Cummo and Jayden being locks for the other two positions, but Marcel will be OK as cover.

Long run, we can cover it, and we can do that with good players, but Burto on the bench for Kyle to play and Dane on the bench for Mozza to play would be a much better team.

That being said, the guys we get back this week should have the quality to account for the Blues as long as
    a) The Blues continue their 2014 habit of being shite on the road
    b) The boys don't go into the game overconfident.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yeah those two are big outs. Interestingly I'm more worried about covering Mozza than Kyle, Burto should be back and ready to light the joint up after missing most of the JRC getting splinters, he'll go alright if the games before he left are any indication. I don't think the calculations for outside backs are that easy. I guess I would be getting Junior back into 13 and Marcel on the bench. I'd prefer to have the class of Dane on the bench with Cummo and Jayden being locks for the other two positions, but Marcel will be OK as cover.

Long run, we can cover it, and we can do that with good players, but Burto on the bench for Kyle to play and Dane on the bench for Mozza to play would be a much better team.

That being said, the guys we get back this week should have the quality to account for the Blues as long as
    a) The Blues continue their 2014 habit of being shite on the road

b) The boys don't go into the game overconfident.
    I don't reckon "overconfident" is in our guys vocabulary
    They do have an edge though.....THE SEA OF BLUE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    I don't reckon "overconfident" is in our guys vocabulary
    it has been in previous seasons, but I take your point.

C'mon the

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3