Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it the beginning of the end for the mighty Nedlands

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    i always thought Darren Hinch spoke English(albiet with a slight kiwi accent)--this one seems to struggle

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    These two kids (and parents) made the right move as they probably want to play at the top and why not. This will always happen to Championship clubs and they (should) support them and when I mean them, the real talented one's, State SB's etc.
    I have a problem when premier clubs take/accept half a dozen of there mates who'll never play Premier grade, which realyl fucks the smaller Champ clubs. though I think it's not happening as much as it use to...as I'd like to think there's a bit more respect across the rugby community with this now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    i always thought Darren Hinch spoke English(albiet with a slight kiwi accent)--this one seems to struggle
    No that's Derryn Hinch. This one could be Darren Hunch (from Fast Forward).

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    as for them being paid u have been miss informed,they have there subs paid as do all our colts by generous members of our third half and Some petrol money.
    And therein lies the problem Bally. If these kids get free subs now and with the sense of self entitlement that young people have these day's they will be thinking they should never have to pay subs. It creates a bloody nightmare for the club.
    No wonder they all have their hand out if this is how clubs think this is way to attract players.
    If a kid has genuine hardship issues then it's no problem helping them out but to do it just to get them there creates a culture that will hurt you later.
    Bet the better players are already asking how come they aren't getting 'petrol money'.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 30-06-14 at 20:25.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    everyone should play at Neddies and everyone should get petrol money, except Neddies of course (well for their lawn mower they would)

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Champion
    vCash
    Someone should come up with a fuel additive to reduce fuel consumption

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Hello Westie,
    Methinks you protest too much. While I agree with what you are now saying some of us also remember that Wests have been one of the biggest culprits in the past for poaching Under 19s. I remember reading a letter sent by Wests on their letterhead and signed by the then President of Wests to every Southern Lions Colts player inviting all of the Southern Lions Colts to switch from their Club to Wests and heavily promoting the opportunities and support for them if they did so.
    And Bally was right about the whole Arranmor thing when Wests had somehow procured an arrangement that required any rugby players at Arranmor to play for Wests even if they had played for another club for years before going to that school.
    Lets not forget it was a major recruiting drive by Wests targeted at ARKS which blew that club out of the Premier Grade comp and the recruiting activities at both Junior and seniors level of a that clever person coaching Wests 2nds which led to a lot of anxiety around the WA comp. As I recall when one club complained about it they were hit with a lawyers letter threatening defamation action!!
    My experience has been that no club is above soiling its principles when the opportunity for an advantage to their club is to be had. Whoever is without sin should be the only ones throwing stones.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Shirt Westie fly the white flag before all clubs dirty laundry is in print.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    fuck Bally you are allowed to say shit

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    fuck Bally you are allowed to say shit
    Put it down to a poor education in English

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Hello Westie,
    Methinks you protest too much. While I agree with what you are now saying some of us also remember that Wests have been one of the biggest culprits in the past for poaching Under 19s. I remember reading a letter sent by Wests on their letterhead and signed by the then President of Wests to every Southern Lions Colts player inviting all of the Southern Lions Colts to switch from their Club to Wests and heavily promoting the opportunities and support for them if they did so.
    And Bally was right about the whole Arranmor thing when Wests had somehow procured an arrangement that required any rugby players at Arranmor to play for Wests even if they had played for another club for years before going to that school.
    Lets not forget it was a major recruiting drive by Wests targeted at ARKS which blew that club out of the Premier Grade comp and the recruiting activities at both Junior and seniors level of a that clever person coaching Wests 2nds which led to a lot of anxiety around the WA comp. As I recall when one club complained about it they were hit with a lawyers letter threatening defamation action!!
    My experience has been that no club is above soiling its principles when the opportunity for an advantage to their club is to be had. Whoever is without sin should be the only ones throwing stones.
    Name the president and 2nd's coach please. I'm intrigued and then I'll do my best to answer you. My post regarding the payment of u/20 or u/19 subs is also based on my own personal experience

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Shirt Westie fly the white flag before all clubs dirty laundry is in print.
    I thought you were up at Port Headland to work ,not be half pissed at lunch time

Player
    vCash
    Thanks Westie,
    I gave a hint when I said the Wests 2nds coach was a clever person. As to the Pres last said hello to him when he walked past me wearing a suite and tie heading for a Corporate Box event at a Force game in 2012.
    Don't worry about replying. Wests are a very different club now with great people involved and a lot going for them. I agree with what you are saying about Colts. My point is that all clubs take advantage of situations to benefit their clubs. Nothing much changes, just the name of the club being accused. A year or two ago Uni were the accused.
    Bally is right about the level of whinging on the site. I don't think it does Rugby any good to be airing so much bad feeling between clubs and individuals on this site. If we don't have something good to say about rugby we should not say anything. Someone new to Perth looking for local rugby who was to read all the vitriol on this site would be forgiven for saying I am not going to get involved in that shit. That was why I started writing on the site... to try and focus on the positives, but I don't feel very successful.
    That's why I don't say much these days. Level of negativity about club rugby needs to go down. Stop tearing ourselves apart.

Champion
    vCash
    Am I right that Arks left Prem's around about 2003-2004 because I was Wests 2's coach at that time and did so for about 5 seasons around that time as Bally would know because he was doing Neddies 2's. Only people from Arks were Hooky the winger who moved to Duncraig and a hooker[no pun intended]who just got on the piss for a month or two and played no more than 2 or 3 games.
    Anyway I just like winding Bally up because he bites every time.
    Know a lot of good people at Neddies.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Am I right that Arks left Prem's around about 2003-2004 because I was Wests 2's coach at that time and did so for about 5 seasons around that time as Bally would know because he was doing Neddies 2's. Only people from Arks were Hooky the winger who moved to Duncraig and a hooker[no pun intended]who just got on the piss for a month or two and played no more than 2 or 3 games.
    Anyway I just like winding Bally up because he bites every time.
    Know a lot of good people at Neddies.
    Jason Forrest was another but I think the better players from were leaving as did jas brother cooch who went to kala

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast