Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it the beginning of the end for the mighty Nedlands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Because they're coping so well with spanking the PSA teams.
    Hale may play Aranmore one day, but that would be up to Aranmore to qualify.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I suppose it's a good way of getting rid of all the mercenary players who are only in it for themselves. It's not like the Wanneroo colts are doing too bad this year anyway.
    A small avian creature tweeted to me:
    Things at the 18's were bubbling in the rounds prior to finals last year.
    The finals effort showed there were problems
    Preseason numbers should have prepared everyone.
    A few "mercenary" players went to clubs who were always going to prop up the division.
    It's not all happened in the last few weeks, it's just that some players have finally had enough.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    A small avian creature tweeted to me:
    Things at the 18's were bubbling in the rounds prior to finals last year.
    The finals effort showed there were problems
    Preseason numbers should have prepared everyone.
    A few "mercenary" players went to clubs who were always going to prop up the division.
    It's not all happened in the last few weeks, it's just that some players have finally had enough.
    Ive been to working away for the last few months and look to this site for my club rugby fix and all I read is winging and negativity. 1st off neddies arent on the way down and won't be for along time yet.injuries have crippled there 2 senior teams.i had the chance to watch an under strength neddies hold out a uninspiring wests who lack the hardness and desire to win a contest .then watched us play a predictable cott team that has played a similar game plan as they have for several seasons .neddies showed that after 4 years in the gf they are ready to go again.the return of several key players know more important than mason and still have crowley and brocky to return they will be hard to stop. As far as all this neddies bashing that goes on look in you r own backyard s first.wanneroo made a play for our best colts a few years ago with only succeeding in getting tyler berry as for wests you built your 4 in arow around the recruitment of 2coaches a manger and half a dozen neddies and a few uni players and some heavy off shore recruiting to top up your squads plus the great aranmore plan to have all players play for wests stripping clubs of some of there best kids.so before we all start bashing clubs for doing for what all clubs are or have done .its no breaking story that inner city clubs are struggling for juniors but when we showed some initiative to grow our club u stil winge.get back to talking about rugby.

-3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    You're bringing up shit that near bankrupted us and was the doing of the president at the time who hasn't been seen since.
    Anyway Bally You've had a go at my club so it's my turn.
    Rugby WA should hang their head in shame that they have allowed Neddies to recruit 4 or 5 clubs up and coming u/19 players, lump them all together with free subs and other inducements and then espouse how they are bring through their local kids.
    You can't say they all left to play PSA and have now returned, they don't have PSA schools in Joondalup and Mandurah.
    You guy's do actually seem to believe that you are growing the game and promoting juniors and say it with a straight face but we all know the truth.
    A real governing body with balls would simply not allow it to happen, for whatever reason you guy's seem to be able to do whatever you want.
    PS An unwarranted attack on my club as I have applauded your foresight in moving your junior base to attract more kids to the game and have posted in support of it several times however I can be a nasty bastard when you bag my club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Ive been to working away for the last few months......
    Not sure if we are on the same page, my post referred to Wanneroo 19s, there's nothing to do with Neddies there.
    The "mercenary" players comment was a tongue in cheek one relating to a few guys who went to other clubs
    who were never going to finish higher than Wanneroo. Others went to other clubs for whatever reason,
    I don't know anyone who went to Neddies from Roodogs, and my comments weren't aimed at Neddies.
    My comments were really more to do with some warning signs at Wanneroo in the 18s that should have been
    picked up in an end of season review.

Player
    vCash
    Is this the end of rugby union in wa looking at weekend results teams being smashed teams forfeiting games all over the place what a mess this season has turned into and unless something is done it is only going to get worse.rugby wa have watched and let this happen and are doing nothing .

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Is this the end of rugby union in wa looking at weekend results teams being smashed teams forfeiting games all over the place what a mess this season has turned into and unless something is done it is only going to get worse.rugby wa have watched and let this happen and are doing nothing .
    As a matter of interest, how many teams forfeited. Aside from Wanneroo , how many blow outs were there. Results across most grades looked ok.

End of rugby union in WA, big call!

Player
    vCash
    Over30 games won by more than 50 points ,at least 15 forfeits and numerous games were same team has played two games.and we're only just over half way.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Over30 games won by more than 50 points ,at least 15 forfeits and numerous games were same team has played two games.and we're only just over half way.
    I see only 2 games over 50 this weekend- Wanneroo, 1 & 2nds. I see only 4 forfeits in Champ grade . Not sure where the stats are from. I agree that there is double up, not sure about your other claims.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Engage! View Post
    I see only 2 games over 50 this weekend- Wanneroo, 1 & 2nds. I see only 4 forfeits in Champ grade . Not sure where the stats are from. I agree that there is double up, not sure about your other claims.
    I would say chertubler is talking about the whole season, it still isn't a good stat.

Player
    vCash
    More forfeits more big scores !!

Player
    vCash
    Why would it be the end to Nedlands, they just try and kill other clubs.
    What happens when you take 4 of a clubs best under 18's from last year, and pay them to travelling money and possibly more.
    That club now don't have an under 19's this year. That's about 15 players lost from the game.
    This is only one instance, this year. But it happens too often season after season, this is what the money clubs do in Perth.
    That's called growing the game, hope they enjoy there meals on the sideline watching them beat teams that cannot compete.
    This raping and pillaging should be stopped or make the club that is doing the pillaging pay the club that has developed the junior, this might help even out the competition a bit. Also help the clubs that do develop juniors and slow down the importing of mercenaries who do nothing to develop the game locally.

Champion
    vCash
    Don't take that lying down Bally.Might sit down, grab a beer and wait.This could get interesting.So far Blue is all over you

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Don't take that lying down Bally.Might sit down, grab a beer and wait.This could get interesting.So far Blue is all over you
    Interesting one as I don't have any knowledge of why or who got these kids to the club but the 2 colts that I know of at the club have played 1st grade and handled themselves very well . It's a shame that these kids have left your club but with no rocky to play 1st grade and advance there for a higher level to play It would of been in there best interests to move to a prems club . as sameone said in a previous post that making Champ clubs feeder clubs these kids could of played colts for there junior clubs and when selectored played for there aligned Premier club . I don't know the politics between rocky,madurah and kw in an a but this will keep happening till they can see a pathway to professional rugby . as for them being paid u have been miss informed,they have there subs paid as do all our colts by generous members of our third half and Some petrol money. Believe or not none of our 1st grade players receive payments so I can't see us paying colts.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Yes I agree , there juniors have disappeared as well they seem to bring players in at the end of the season for finals , they need to put that money to there juniors . I'm Darren HInch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast