Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Force v Lions 24/05/2014 - Game thread

vCash
    Just watched the replay recording now back at home and I am even prouder to be a member of the Western Force.... HB ... CTM .. Sias Eberson... Zac Holmes .. Luke Burton .. DHP and Haywood really took it to them.. I know we had some off times in the game but all I can say is I think the team wes just waiting for the moment for the way to the line... I do agree that Foley may have give the big boys a rest as they have out proformed themselves and started hard for many games and it would be nice to see Ollie ... Tessman and tetera F start a game .. I think Cheese... K bomb and Pek have proved they are good but bordering on fatigue and I hope they dont burn out before to long...

Man of the Moment must go to the Honey Badger and has anyone seen a post match interview yet

The Fox sports boys even mentioned Tim the Dick Horans Promise after the game HA HA

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Awesome news. How does he play Gigs? I've never seen him, much different than Godwin?
    Two U-20 Australian fly-halves from WA in close succesion is good stuff. Plus Zac. It's what we all crave. He looks a little more comfortable than Kyle when he played his first couple at 15. Is working great with CTM, a pretty good defender. Nobody has really made 13 his own yet including Junior. I think Kyle could possibly be a long term 13. CTM is startling to look the best of the rest. Looking good.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Awesome news. How does he play Gigs? I've never seen him, much different than Godwin?
    Jet shoes and concentrated enthusiasm. He certainly won't die wondering. Considering he's only two games in and didn't really expect to get any minutes with Kyle filling his number Luke was awesome. He lead the chase for every kickoff, pressured them in defense threw some nice junking runs in there and has shown that he can pass and read the play.

If he weren't off to play for his country I would say Kyle can take as long as he likes to get back, they're not the same, but Burto is almost as good!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Does anyone else think Burto has abit of Gits game in him? Great speed step pass beats the defender same Souza good boot.

I actual think it may be time to move Godwin back to 10 and play him and Burto together a Larkham / Gits partnership of old would be something special IMO.

If not Try Godwin out at 13 he could be Australia's answer to Conrad smith.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    How good are these 8 wins so far when you consider the injury list:

Madness
    Alcock
    Rasolea
    Morahan
    Mathewson
    Godwin
    Brache
    Faulkner

Yes we are lacking a bit of X-factor when going forward and scramble a lot at times but we should NEVER question the commitment and effort that Foley and Hodgson and the rest of the coaching and leadership teams have built into our squad.
    Fantastic team effort against the Lions and players like Burton and CTM rising to the occasion.
    How happy was CTM after scoring that try??

It was generally agreed that even with our best 23 we are still 2-3 top players short of a consistently top team.
    We defeated the Chiefs when they were showing their best form but now have to do the same with the Crusaders.
    We will not be tested against the Sharks and Hurricanes in the regular season (maybe after 11 July ?????)

Concerned that some of our hardest workers will not get a rest over June due to their Wallaby commitments.

Time to get some of those injured back into the fray to give the warhorses a rest for whatever may happen after 11 July.

I'm very hopeful of even better outcomes for 2014.

PS #3 was K Bomb - with his work rate he's allowed to look tired!!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Anyone know how many minutes Justin played. Good to have him back on the field in force colours

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    I actual think it may be time to move Godwin back to 10 and play him and Burto together a Larkham / Gits partnership of old would be something special IMO.

If not Try Godwin out at 13 he could be Australia's answer to Conrad smith.
    Kyle at 13 all day, if we have Burto at 12 and Zack at 10, it would be a pretty complete set of inside backs with some kicking (Zack) some ball running (Kyle) and some stepping (Burto) not only that, it'd be OURS!! No interstate weenies to get all prima Donna about things, just good, reliable WA muscle doing the heavy lifting. That'd be the only time I would accept Kyle being shifted from 12....and I reckon it'd work.

C'mon the

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6