Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone happen to see any rugby on the weekend?

Rookie
    vCash

Did anyone happen to see any rugby on the weekend?

Have not heard too much about what is happening on the field (seems RWA has captured everyones focus unfortunately).
    Anything of interest? Who is looking likely for the NRC if anyone from the local comp?
    Would have liked to see the Paly - Neddies game, any feed back?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    saw Neddies V joondalup second grade game.Joondalup seemed a very well drilled side--with a few recruits they will be able to step up to premier division without a problem

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    Have not heard too much about what is happening on the field (seems RWA has captured everyones focus unfortunately).
    Anything of interest? Who is looking likely for the NRC if anyone from the local comp?
    Would have liked to see the Paly - Neddies game, any feed back?
    Pally played Baysie and lost

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Paly Prem's took on Perth-Bayswater.

Baysie led 25-0 at half time, final score was 25-22 Baysie's way. Can't say much more as I was in the change room indulging in a post game beer or two.

Didn't see any of the Reserve grade game but 3rd grade beat Bunbury 58-10 and 4th grade won via forfeit again against Bunbury.

Paly 5th grade won 32-10 against Wanneroo

Champion
    vCash
    We got torn a new one,looking anything but the real deal. Season 2014 starts for us Tuesday night

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    We got torn a new one,looking anything but the real deal. Season 2014 starts for us Tuesday night
    is Pierre Roberts playing for you this year?

Champion
    vCash
    yep

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Soaks beat us in every grade except prems with Kala scraping home 24-20.
    Pretty entertaining prems game with Kala looking to out muscle soaks in tight to counter soakss well structured defense and with coops letting w fair contest happen the rugby flowed. Substitute winger rusty kicked a couple crucial late penalties to win the game.;

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    injured?--didn't see him play against Neddies(re-Pierre)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

Baysie led 25-0 at half time, final score was 25-22 Baysie's way. Can't say much more as I was in the change room indulging in a post game beer or two.
    I was wondering what the evil people at Pally had used to induce you to play outside your residentail region. Beer. Should've known.

All this player poaching will ruin the game.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I was wondering what the evil people at Pally had used to induce you to play outside your residentail region. Beer. Should've known.

All this player poaching will ruin the game.
    The bottle of Port went down alright. Just ask Biege

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The bottle of Port went down alright. Just ask Biege
    Yeah a little too well...

Champion
    vCash
    After waiting for people to post their views on the local rugby scene the lack of interest on this topic this season astounds me .Hardly anyone that has been a regular contributor has bothered to post anything.
    Rugby seems to have taken a massive hit this season, senior playing numbers down by 30 percent,standard is woeful and just a general lack of enthusiasm.
    Is it because there is only 4 1st grade games a weekend and with the Roodogs going through a rebuilding phase it is basically down to 8 sides and that is said with great admiration for the stance Gibbo is taking.
    Around the clubs there seems to be hardly any atmosphere and bugger all people supporting the game.
    Please don't bring up the splitting of the clubs as everyone knows my stance on it but I would like to know what other reasons people think are the cause of this.
    Is it because of FIFO or lack of work in Perth because I am at a loss understanding why this is. Rugby for some reason seems to just not have the profile it had in seasons past.No publicity in the newspapers etc etc. This is not intended as a free for all aimed at Rugby WA because I'm sure they are just as puzzled as me.Only positive replys please and with the interest levels as they are I probably won't get one anyway

vCash
    Look, you know I have nothing to do with club rugby anymore Westie, but I'd have to say that the impression I gain, from posters on here is the lack of respect. It appears that loyal clubmen are upset that rugbyWA have taken some massive steps with no consultation or discussion.

I understand that sometimes the leadership needs to make tough decisions which are unpopular, however at those times an explanation is usually enough to circumvent a reaction.

It appears (how I see it) that clubs feel a little bit like mushrooms.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Is it because of FIFO or lack of work in Perth because I am at a loss understanding why this is.
    I don't know if it's the reason Bunbury didn't have 4ths on Saturday but Bunbury rugby league reckon it's causing them headaches and I imagine it would be a shared problem with the rugby club.

I was chatting to the father of a Wests junior and he seemed to think the same thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast