Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone happen to see any rugby on the weekend?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    even down at neddies things are getting stretched-with the 4th & 5th grades playing at different venues this weekend & injuries taking their toll,the 5ths will struggle to get a quorum

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    how did the 5ths go? I'm hoping they got a pasting... unfortunately i injured myself at training on thursday, so i couldn't put any paste on anyone

vCash
    neddies 5ths got beaten,not by much--but in the second half they tried to introduce Curtin to the gentle art of fisticuffs 101;the ref,obviously a academic-didn't appreciate the lecture & sent 2 neddies players to the dunce's corner,allowing the pure as driven snow curtin side (who initiated the discusion) to canter to victory

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Bloody speak English poindexter!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    sorry bro

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    neddies 5ths got beaten,not by much--but in the second half they tried to introduce Curtin to the gentle art of fisticuffs 101;the ref,obviously a academic-didn't appreciate the lecture & sent 2 neddies players to the dunce's corner,allowing the pure as driven snow curtin side (who initiated the discusion) to canter to victory
    excellent, though i have to admit, goats dont canter, especially that grade!

I assume you were playing on the theme of university? Was it the half back who started 'discussions'?

Rookie
    vCash
    All a bit flat out there in club land presently , only a few turned up at McGilvray to watch 1st grade match vs Wanneroo . Roo Dogs had a good win in 2nd grade and their 19's had a win so that will lift the club a bit . The Mandurah boys had a good afternoon by the looks of it and it was noted that a big bunch of them hung around and had a beer and a few laughs , it looks like they have their stuff together at the pirates although results not quite going their way they are showing good club spirit .

Be really great in the June window if we could maybe up the anti promotion wise around having a few force players around the bar's on the hills sidelines at britannia to get the ethusiasm up a bit .

vCash
    even down at neddies things are getting stretched-with the 4th & 5th grades playing at different venues this weekend & injuries taking their toll,the 5ths will struggle to get a quorum
    Yeah we've always relied on players backing up so this new structure has screwed us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    excellent, though i have to admit, goats dont canter, especially that grade!

I assume you were playing on the theme of university? Was it the half back who started 'discussions'?
    didn't catch his number

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    didn't catch his number
    I know you said you just "filled in" to run the sides last week, but you do sound VERY qualified

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    qualified to ref junior rugby about 20 years ago doesn't count for the big boys
    having said that I have reffed a game between teams from different countries

vCash
    ... I have reffed a game between teams from different countries
    Ah, so they do grow on trees after all....

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    Ah, so they do grow on trees after all....
    Really? Well that blows the Weeties Box theory out of the water then.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Palitu were you at Wests on Sat. Couple of your lads are lucky there weren't accredited touchies, there is one in particular who is a bloody meathead. Anyway onto the game and bearing in mind I haven't seen Curtin play for a long time, how far away do you guys think you are from attaining 1st grade status.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Palitu were you at Wests on Sat. Couple of your lads are lucky there weren't accredited touchies, there is one in particular who is a bloody meathead. Anyway onto the game and bearing in mind I haven't seen Curtin play for a long time, how far away do you guys think you are from attaining 1st grade status.
    No i wasn't, and disappointed to hear that. What grade was it? I play as low as possible! I have been mostly out of the loop, and aqmnot as involved as i used to be.

I think we are a fair way from 1st grade, but we definitely have great numbers and have been competitive in our top teams for quite a few years, ie last year all three teams were in the grand final, and we won two of them.

There are definitely people there that are dedicated to take the club to the next level, but i don't know what their plans are, or even the financial state of the club.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast