Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time For Horwill to hang up his boots

Player
    vCash
    Your allowed to go back two phases aren't you?

Not sure if that changes if play has restated. E.g penalty kicked out

The penalty Walsh gave the reds was a joke anyway.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm pretty sure they can only go back two phases when a try is being reviewed...? But, I also thought it was the role of the TMO to come in when requested by the ref, not like we're seeing now where the TMO is "chipping in" when they see something wrong. Foul play should never be tolerated, but surely that's what tribunals are for (if not spotted by the ref at the time)...? At least that's how it used to be.

And not that I have much sympathy for the Reds, but Higginbotham looked like he'd stuck the head on O'Donoghue in the lead-up to the "gouging" incident. I hope that gets picked up as well.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    The full after match interview with Horwill and Graham
    Man we so lucky to have this idiot not coaching the Force

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Sooky and unprofessional from both Horwill and RG

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    pfffthh rubbish... the game should not have been stopped, they had every right to be pissed about an interfering TMO, we've been on the end of it as well.

There are post match tribunals setup to take care of these matters!
    No way! Let the next time few teams get the advantage of him having good weeks off and the team he I fringed on gets nothing.

This came up as the two saw a replay of blatantly illegal and dangerous play, off the ball. I have no problem with something like this getting looked at.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Actually how many phases can you go back for a TMO Decision?

I refer to the "forward pass" to dissallow our try last night?

Veteran
    vCash
    2 for a try review. The two can stop for any foul play. Kinda like how the touchy can put his flag up.

Interestingly, higgers did the complain about gouging.

vCash
    IIRC, the refs can go back to the last time the ball was dead; but it was generally accepted that if you go back too far you slow the game down - therefore people said two phases. I recall the Crusaders getting very upset with a ref last year when he disallowed a try due to a forward pass about 4 phases before. But the game hadn't stopped for the ref to get any support from the touchies or TMO. The Crusaders quoted the 2 phases and the ref said he could go back to the last stoppage.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can only go back two phases when a try is being reviewed...? But, I also thought it was the role of the TMO to come in when requested by the ref, not like we're seeing now where the TMO is "chipping in" when they see something wrong. Foul play should never be tolerated, but surely that's what tribunals are for (if not spotted by the ref at the time)...? At least that's how it used to be.

And not that I have much sympathy for the Reds, but Higginbotham looked like he'd stuck the head on O'Donoghue in the lead-up to the "gouging" incident. I hope that gets picked up as well.
    In this instance the TMO chipped in because the ref got it wrong. The original call was against the Rebels (20?) for attacking the Reds player - they missed the gouging. The Reds took the penalty and nearly the resulting line-out before the TMO could contact the ref to review the penalty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    In this instance the TMO chipped in because the ref got it wrong. The original call was against the Rebels (20?) for attacking the Reds player - they missed the gouging. The Reds took the penalty and nearly the resulting line-out before the TMO could contact the ref to review the penalty.
    Still doesn't clarify whether they're allowed to chip in, or whether they should be waiting until the ref asks for video footage to be reviewed.

I think they get involved too much nowadays anyway.

vCash
    Still doesn't clarify whether they're allowed to chip in, or whether they should be waiting until the ref asks for video footage to be reviewed.

If it helps get things right - I don't mind. I think they are allowed to chip in but the ref can ignore them. I wear the ref ears and certainly recall instances where the TMO has given advice to the ref such as things to look out for at scrums and recent penalty counts.

vCash

I believe that the TMO is allowed to chip in with incidents of foul play, but that's about it. They must be called to offer input on a try.

C'mon the

vCash
    IMO he was right in letting Walshie know that there was a clear case of our play. My way of thinking is the reverse of Horwells who thinks these things should be sorted out after the game! Sorry and No! Sort it out during the game and then the right result may come about!
    Besides I tipped the Rebels!

May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    What about the ball which they clearly touched in flight as it crossed the side line when Jayden was adamant he didn't touch it and asked for a review and the ref said that the side line had already made the call and they couldn't review it, sounds pretty contradictory to me in what the TMO is there for, the play had stopped as the ball was out, a 30 second review would have seen the correct decision.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I don't disagree with you about what happened on the field, Happy. I also think the whole TMO process in rugby has become a joke.

My point is that they should not have behaved as they did in that post-match conference. By all means say it was a poor decision, but don't bleat on and on about it like a couple of 5 year olds who've had their sweets stolen in the school playground. Raise it formally and professionally through the proper channels.
    Crikey I agree..how many times have we had bad decisions which possibly cost us the game..and Sharpie rose above it.. !! Couple of Baby PLONKERS!!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    What about the ball which they clearly touched in flight as it crossed the side line when Jayden was adamant he didn't touch it and asked for a review and the ref said that the side line had already made the call and they couldn't review it, sounds pretty contradictory to me in what the TMO is there for, the play had stopped as the ball was out, a 30 second review would have seen the correct decision.
    yeah there is that, but the touchie has made a (confident) decision on the course of play. If we look at that, we'd have to review A LOT of decisions. Remember this is for intentional foul play which the TMO saw on the replay. The TMO would have seen that it was a force line out, but i believe his charter for interrupting the game is high level foul play. This was a red card offense.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast