Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FORCE START SA TOUR WITH A WIN OVER CHEETAHS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I will have to go back and look at the replay but in the previous play it looked like he was holding his hammy? Maybe felt it was straining and stopped?
    The SA commentators suggested he knew he didn't have enough puff to make the line and so offoaded rather than losing the ball in a tackle??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 12-05-14 at 09:35. Reason: Spelling

vCash
    I will have to go back and look at the replay but in the previous play it looked like he was holding his hammy? Maybe felt it was straining and stopped?
    Oh, I hadnt noticed that.
    It might have been the 18 Changs Id up-ended by that point in the night, but it just looked like the strangest passage of play! the way he stopped completely dead, and casual as you like looked around for the offload! Not saying he didnt have a reason, just looked odd!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The SA commentators suggested he knew he didn't have enough puff to make the line and so offoaded rather than losing the ball in a tackle??
    Were those the same commentators that said our first disallowed try was definitely a Try?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I booked my flights and game ticket yesterday!! See you there! :-))
    Oh! I wish! Can't threaten employer with resignation this time, now I'm the only one working ..BAH!!!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    what was with Brache just stopping dead on the right wing? he had 50m of open pitch, with only the full back ahead of him, the rest of the Cheetahs were behind him, and he just stopped, dead, and waited for Godwin to offer an inside runner.
    Brache is turning out to be a great defender, but methinks he lacks sheer pace. Did the right thing IMHO.

Also, loved the work of our subs - CTM, Holmes, Stander.... We lost nothing when they came on.

And Prior had his best game for us by a mile.

I was a bit worried about efficient exiting from our 22 there in the last 15 mins of the game - hopefully we get that right for next week.

Oh, and kick-offs after we have scored points. Small things I know, but they will be important in the coming weeks.

vCash
    Were those the same commentators that said our first disallowed try was definitely a Try?
    And who also said the Cheetahs' disallowed try was a try (which I think it probably was, to be fair!)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just an observation. I like the cut of Brynard Stander jib. He really loves to win! See him celebrate on that final whistle!

vCash
    Just an observation. I like the cut of Brynard Stander jib. He really loves to win! See him celebrate on that final whistle!
    That fella's all heart and passion Gerry.

I've noticed many times through our winning run when we've scored and the sideline camera has cut to the bench, Stander is up with young Hoskins passionately supporting his team mates.

I honestly believe although we've not got the talent of other teams, we have the best team ethic in the comp now, they are willing to get hurt for each other, a real band of brothers.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Hey WFDom you quote (((((I honestly believe although we've NOTgot the talent of other teams)))))

I know you are an honest Supporter of the Force so This is how I see it

Our players are just everyday great players without eastern sea board influence and it has just taken as WFDom said for the Force brothers to gel into a team of great players with rugby talent not show pony status ....

vCash
    Champion team vs team of champions Tonkar.

C'mon the

vCash
    As a side note on watching the replay - I reckon that cheetahs guy should've been yellow carded just for that Starsky & Hutch moustache or whatever the hell it is. I think it may be stencilled. Mayhaps he had it done in the red light district with the so called goings-on that were going on - as they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Hey WFDom you quote (((((I honestly believe although we've NOTgot the talent of other teams)))))

I know you are an honest Supporter of the Force so This is how I see it

Our players are just everyday great players without eastern sea board influence and it has just taken as WFDom said for the Force brothers to gel into a team of great players with rugby talent not show pony status ....
    Meant we don't have the individual talent of other teams in the whole comp, not just Aus. We're not bristling with Wallbies, AB's or Boks.

But collectively I believe we've got the biggest heart (& canastas) in the comp, and that will win you wars!

Teams used to fear us as potential banana skins. Now they're shit scared cos we're the real deal, week in week out! We've all been through the bad times & like most I didn't dare to imagine anything like this could ever happen. I was just happy to be able to have my favourite sport played in my home town. So by fuck am I gonna enjoy every minute of this incredible ride!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Meant we don't have the individual talent of other teams in the whole comp, not just Aus. We're not bristling with Wallbies, AB's or Boks.
    YET!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post

But collectively I believe we've got the biggest heart (& canastas) in the comp, and that will win you wars!

Teams used to fear us as potential banana skins. Now they're shit scared cos we're the real deal, week in week out! We've all been through the bad times & like most I didn't dare to imagine anything like this could ever happen. I was just happy to be able to have my favourite sport played in my home town. So by Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo am I gonna enjoy every minute of this incredible ride!
    I think that says it all....

WFDom
    I've noticed many times through our winning run when we've scored and the sideline camera has cut to the bench, Stander is up with young Hoskins passionately supporting his team mates.....

I daresay "she who must be obeyed" is not game to tell THEM they are n't allowed to do that on the sideline.. like she told me.. LOL!!

vCash
    Brynard always seems to point to his wrist band when the cameras pan to him on the bench - anyone know what he's got written on it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast