Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Genia backs battling Reds coach

vCash
    That is a much better 'light-hearted' piece than Growden produces on ESPN. For the past 2 weeks, he (Growden) has been peddling rumours in his "ruck n' maul" column about 2 Aus S15 players possibly being gay.

There is an implication that the players in question could be Force players, but that's a side issue as far as I'm concerned. The way the "rumour" is described in the piece is verging on homophobic imo. Players' sexuality is quite simply none of his or our business, whichever team the players are from.

If he carries on with this "rumour", I shall be making a formal complaint to ESPN. If anyone from RugbyWA or the ARU is reading this, maybe you would like to take it up with them too.

The links to both pieces are below. The comments I am referring to appear under the heading "Rumours of the Week" at the foot of each piece.

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/r...ry/223601.html

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby...ry/224541.html

UPDATE - SINCE FIRST POSTING THIS, I HAVE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION THAT ESPN HAVE PULLED THE LINE FROM THE COLUMN. VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 09-05-14 at 10:16. Reason: Made some clarifying amendments; UPDATE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    That is a much better 'light-hearted' piece than Growden produces on ESPN. For the past 2 weeks, he (Growden) has been peddling rumours in his "ruck n' maul" column about 2 Aus S15 players possibly being gay.

There is an implication that the players in question could be Force players, but that's a side issue as far as I'm concerned. The "rumour" is verging on homophobic and is quite simply none of his or our business, whichever team the players are from.

If he carries on with this "rumour", I shall be making a formal complaint to ESPN. If anyone from RugbyWA or the ARU is reading this, maybe you would like to take it up with him too.

The links to both pieces are below. The comments I am referring to appear under the heading "Rumours of the Week" at the foot of each piece.

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/r...ry/223601.html

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby...ry/224541.html
    Couldn't agree more when i read it last week and i got the same feeling he was talking about the Force and we all know he has a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder when it comes to the Force but all i thought about and all i could think was HTF is this news what business is it of his ESPN should be ashamed for even allowing it to be published on their site.

In the second link he is happy to call a racists a low life (which they are) yet is then happy to pedal a homophobic rumor he is nothing more than a hack!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    There's a rumour going round that Greg Growden has been spotted walking through Kings Cross in pink leather tights holding hands with a 'woman' of questionable character and looking extremely intoxicated. (But it is only an uncorroborated rumour!)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    His rumour
    Force board member promises nude swim in Swan River Not for the first time, certain Western Force officials have lost touch with reality. The Force are apparently so confident of winning in Bloemfontein to go top of the Australian conference that one board member has promised to swim nude in the Swan River on Sunday morning if it occurs. Go the Cheetahs!
    Doesn't actually make much sense. Shouldn't it be, IF true, that he would swim naked if the Force LOST because they are so confident?
    Perhaps I'm just confused because I've been reading Growden for too long.

vCash
    There is also a strong rumour that Greg Growden is a boorish loser with absolutely no class.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    That's a fact isn't it

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Am very happy to report that ESPN have pulled the offending line from the column. Seems I was not the only one to think it was inappropriate!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Tensions at the Queensland Reds are so high that coach Richard Graham had to confront his own players over a perceived lack of support.

Graham gathered the playing squad in a room last week and bluntly told them the internal friction had to end.

We hear Graham asked the group: “Are you with me or against me?”.

The coach took the silence that followed as support and then called a start to training. The Reds went on to get dished up by the Blues.

In a further sign of turmoil, its understood former Wallaby winger Digby Ioane was offered a spot by the Reds to return home.

Reds players close to Ioane told him not to bother because by the time he returned they wouldn’t be at the club.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/pa...-1226910843898

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Am very happy to report that ESPN have pulled the offending line from the column. Seems I was not the only one to think it was inappropriate!
    The power of social media!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    How do some PLONKERS keep their jobs is way beyond me.. I wouldn't pay them in salt....!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2