Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: IS WANNEROO THE NEXT ROCKINGHAM

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Westie - Haysie, john hancock from Wests, Fridge from rocky ( it was his well structured plan that has been adopted) Alister from baysie, Muzz from neddies, Paul from Curtin, Geez - I forget the Kwinana prez's first name, myself, leon Davies, cannot remember if there were delegates from Cott, Refs had a couple. .
    Just got off the phone to Haysie and he is adamant that he was dead against it from the start. He also wants his name taken off that list you provided because he wasn't even present at any meetings regarding this.
    Also just talked to Fridge and he's was laughing when he walked out of the meeting having known that this model will wreck the comp. Also said the concept was done and dusted and there was no vote.
    Gee the Kwinana Presidents input would have been invaluable considering they have one team that's getting done every week.
    Leon Davies got knifed in the back by his colleagues down there.
    I refuse to talk to anyone from Baysie after the Josh Beer crap
    Will talk to Muzz tomorrow but do know that Neddies are against this which you would or should know.
    I 'll help you out, one of the refs was Peter Hilgendorff who I speak with quite regularly and will find out his take on it.
    Don't know anyone from Curtin but do know they have no designs on 1st grade status
    Don't really care what Cott thinks considering they have less than 30 registered junior players and can't be described as a rugby club that's growing the game.
    You have said Hansie that I'm fuelling the fire with uninformed comments yet you don't even know who was down at these meetings.My agenda is the survival of club rugby as I have mentioned previously and am entitled as a servant of rugby to have my say.
    You may not agree with me but please don't deride me.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Very interesting to no westies but at the end of the day what do you think can be done to fix this mess because rugby wa have not got a clue and I think it is going to get even worse this season

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Very interesting to no westies but at the end of the day what do you think can be done to fix this mess because rugby wa have not got a clue and I think it is going to get even worse this season
    Wait two years till the current system has completely buggered rugby in this state and them implement my plan of regional feeder teams. There won't be any existing club structure to get in the way with old fashioned ideas like loyalty and honor.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Westie - Haysie, john hancock from Wests, Fridge from rocky ( it was his well structured plan that has been adopted) Alister from baysie, Muzz from neddies, Paul from Curtin, Geez - I forget the Kwinana prez's first name, myself, leon Davies, cannot remember if there were delegates from Cott, Refs had a couple.
    Well that is a porky pie

That you actually acted on and implemented something that came from Rocky. We will CRAC all over them but we'll adopt their suggestion for a totally revamped comp. Hilarious .

Rocky being made the scapegoat again here.

This doesn't portray you in a very good light. Vindictive comes to mind.

Rookie
    vCash
    The old saying Hansie better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it
    It is good to see that out of ten people thought to be a good cross section of the rugby community you decided to go with the ideas of one person who only attended meeting one then thought what a pile of shit but decided maybe give them the benefit of the doubt and attended meeting three and confirmed his original thoughts
    I think this could be proven by the minutes - if any were kept at all - as I once asked for the board minutes in relation to all the problems Rugby Wa had Rockingham Rugby Club ,firstly I was told I was not entitled to them but refused to accept this explanation as I am a member of Rugby Wa and as all INC Associations I should be able to have a copy of any board meeting minutes but could gather that there was none to give or those minutes had nothing in about RRUFC
    More unsubstantiated claims that can't be proven.
    It is laughable that Rugby WA listened to someone from Rockingham to make such a decision when you have never listened to anyone from Rocky in the past
    I have been involved in the rugby community in various capacities since 1986 and those who know me would know that if I made a mistake I would stand up apologise and fix it.
    Listen to what good rugby people you have left man up and fix your mistake.
    My advice to you is think before you speak - look and listen before you speak - man up admit your mistakes and get on with it.
    If the community rugby role comes up - as I have heard rumours of C V s going east - although being unsuccessful
    Give me a call i'll sort your mess out for free.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Surely it's a smarter to get governing bodies onside, than getting on a forum and having a go.
    Clearly there are some feathers that have been ruffled, but if you continually moan to ref on a field, they soon stop listening, if you continue, you make yourself and your team look bad.
    Nothing is ever going to please everyone, and while us 'outside observers' are not privy to the finer details decision and action, - this type of carry on is going to destroy club rugby.
    The folk at Rugby WA are good folk, the people at rugby clubs are good folk, everyone wants rugby to succeed, and not every idea or decision is the solve all to everything. Let's see the common ground, set that as a platform and go from there.
    Bitter, petty internal and perceived politics need to be removed as quickly as possible as they are the greatest destroyers of all organisations, groups, friends, and families.
    The moment it becomes a "them or us", and an "it's all their fault" scenario, the go forward process stalls and energy is expended into continually going round in circles.
    The whole idea is to make amateur rugby in Perth and WA succeed, that is all.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Sounds like something written by the Vatican

Rookie
    vCash
    and is it my understanding that Sunshine coast and gold coast are now not in the brisbane comp and in fact sunshine coast is struggling a bit and gold coast are now at Bond uni

Rookie
    vCash
    nice to see on the weekend that Rocky are hanging in there and trying hard still

their 5ths are doing well . i know it is only 5th grade but bringing back a winning culture albeit 5th grade is a good start , i hope they at least have a finals berth and maybe a premiership to start the turn aroudn and the road back

Champion
    vCash
    Westie - Haysie was not the only one against it, there were others, but at the presentation to the council of clubs it was majority accepted. Now, all presidents and clubs were invited and if the naysayers chose not to attend - what do we do?

It's sad that Fridge laughed at the end of the excercise - I guess that indicates who he is.

Sad you deride Kwinana, when the intent of the excercise was to look at growing the participation in the fastest growth areas and Kwinana's juniors have good numbers. I can hear some of the negatives say " Oh so you base all your decisions on kwinana regarding growth....."

Not sure why you state Leon Davies got knifed...on what facts are you basing that statement on? Leon was a moderator for the opening session - if my memory serves me right.

Curtin - Paul Mullins - does hope to grow into Premiership status with growth in their numbers and some huge unrealised potential on the campus, there is some good potential there.

If you close yourself from Baysie - you are not doing yourself any favours. They too have been extremely critical of RugbyWA and also had reservations about the model.

As I have said before on this forum. I welcome constructive debate on the subject matter - playing the ball - I am also very happy to be insulted and called a fool as long as you lay off the hardworking guys at RugbyWA doing their best for community rugby. You may not like some decisions and may grasp at something I have said and isolate it and take it out of context that's fine. At the end of the day, I am very comfortable that on the whole we are doing our best to grow the game.

vCash
    I am very comfortable that on the whole we are doing our best to grow the game.
    Is "Despite all evidence to the contrary" too argumentative at this point Hansie?

C'mon the

vCash
    as long as you lay off the hardworking guys at RugbyWA doing their best for community rugby..
    Absolutely not. I'm sure they want the best for community rugby and I'm sure they are hardworking, but they have continually demonstrated a high degree of ineptitude (multiple examples can be provided on request) and a general lack of foresight in regards to the growth of the sport in WA hence the volume of vitriol directing their way. Working hard does not automatically preclude you from being criticised, you still need to actually perform in your job.

Last edited by zed; 12-05-14 at 15:12.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Surely it's a smarter to get governing bodies onside, than getting on a forum and having a go.
    Clearly there are some feathers that have been ruffled, but if you continually moan to ref on a field, they soon stop listening, if you continue, you make yourself and your team look bad.
    Nothing is ever going to please everyone, and while us 'outside observers' are not privy to the finer details decision and action, - this type of carry on is going to destroy club rugby.
    The folk at Rugby WA are good folk, the people at rugby clubs are good folk, everyone wants rugby to succeed, and not every idea or decision is the solve all to everything. Let's see the common ground, set that as a platform and go from there.
    Bitter, petty internal and perceived politics need to be removed as quickly as possible as they are the greatest destroyers of all organisations, groups, friends, and families.
    The moment it becomes a "them or us", and an "it's all their fault" scenario, the go forward process stalls and energy is expended into continually going round in circles.
    The whole idea is to make amateur rugby in Perth and WA succeed, that is all.
    After having all day to think about it Bearded one you have made some very relevant points so my crusade has now come to an end and I will now await due process with the review at the end of the season.
    If I continue on with this I will become a bitter twisted individual and then the fun factor that I get out of club rugby will disappear.
    My views on the changes that have been made are well documented and I'll leave it at that.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Westie,
    Your last post proves you to be a true and passionate rugby man. Great respect for the way in which have responded to G Beard.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Westie,
    Your last post proves you to be a true and passionate rugby man. Great respect for the way in which have responded to G Beard.
    + 1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast