Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Squad Contract Renewals

vCash
    So looking at the squad from a Western Force POV there are 6 current Force squad members who will play for the Spirit who don’t have a contract with the Force for 2015

Robbie Abel
    Luke Burton
    Pek Cowan
    Dane Haylett-Petty
    Junior Resolea
    Dillyn Leyds

There are 4 players from the Force who have contracts for 2015 not in the Perth Squad.

Wilhelm Steenkamp
    Alby Mathewson
    Angus Cottrell
    Adam Coleman

I assume Steenkamp and Mathewson are unable to play in the NRC and will return to the ITM and CC as they have in the past.

Cottrell is injured and out until next year which leaves Coleman who I guess will play elsewhere.

That leaves 5 players who’s future is unknown who don’t yet have contracts for 2015 and haven’t been named in the Spirit squad

Chris Alcock
    Sias Ebersohn
    Chris Tuatara-Morrison
    Pat Dellit
    Ryan Louwrens (injured out for the year)

If the Squad sizes are 32 for season 2015 that means the Force have 13 places up for grabs which should be a huge incentive for a lot of players involved.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by GAFFA; 31-07-14 at 13:02.
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Pity
    I liked how Alcock played and Stubbs and Tauatara Morrison were just starting to show potential.
    Sorry Pat, but.... it was great having you here and good luck in the future.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    ...I assume Steenkamp and Mathewson are unable to play in the NRC and will return to the ITM and CC as they have in the past....
    If I was Alby and was certain an AB return was not an option, I'd be having a long hard look at whether I had any claim on or path to an Australian passport in time for the Sevens next year. Wallabies aside, it would definitively resolve whether I could stay in Perth or not.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That leaves 5 players who’s future is unknown who don’t yet have contracts for 2015 and haven’t been named in the Spirit squad

Chris Alcock
    Sias Ebersohn
    Chris Tuatara-Morrison
    Pat Dellit
    Ryan Louwrens (injured out for the year)

If the Squad sizes are 32 for season 2015 that means the Force have 13 places up for grabs which should be a huge incentive for a lot of players involved.
    Coleman probably opted to go back to the Rams with his Parramatta connection.

I assume this means that Ebersohn is going. Alcock and Dellit are playing over east. I'd assume CTM is too. Don't know what that means. They all have an Eastern States connection so its possible they just made way for local players and the Super Rugby player cap.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I'm surprised Burton hasn't been re-signed yet! Get him locked down with a full contract ASAP.
    Alcock should definitely be retained as well - I really like the way he plays and we need someone to cover Hodgo, although I think Stander can play a bit as a 7 as well. He was probably pushing Hodgo for a starting spot at the beginning of the year, but that got put to bed with Hodgson's amazing form and an unfortunate injury to Chris.

Player
    vCash
    We haven't heard the last of the renewals yet.
    Figure there's some more good news.

vCash
    Hope so GB, hope so!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Alcock has been assigned to Greter Sydney Rams, as he followed Foley here I expect we still see him back for us next season, he is listed with them as a Force player.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    The West today has a good amount of info on player’s contract status after the Spirit squad was announced.

CTM is unlikely to return next year.

Ryan Louwrens and Angus Cottrell are still injured hence not getting selected.
    Adam Coleman and Sias Ebersohn have both had surgery again that’s why their not in the team so Sias may still be around next year.

Chris Alcock will play for a Sydney side but is expected to re-sign for 2015 and the most disappointing news for me was that Pad Dellit will play in Sydney but still has a year left on his contract and will return next year.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Another re-signing coming today!

Champion
    vCash
    Another re-signing coming today!
    No guesses on who that is. Great news

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    My guess is DHP

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    My guess is DHP
    Damm He's Pretty good this bloke

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

HAYLETT-PETTY EXTENDS FORCE RETURN

WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Friday, 1 August 2014

The Western Force has received a further boost in the lead-in to its 10th season of Asteron Life Super Rugby with the retention of local product Dane Haylett-Petty for the 2015 season.

Perth-raised Haylett-Petty returned to the Force in 2014 after playing four seasons overseas in France and Japan. The 25-year-old, who also played the 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons with the Force, started in nine matches with the Western Australian club in 2014 after returning from a groin injury at the start of the year.

Haylett-Petty made his return to Asteron Life Super Rugby as a late inclusion into the starting XV at fullback in the Force’s 28-16 win over the NSW Waratahs, having already played 70 minutes for his local club, Cottesloe, that afternoon.

The Hale School graduate, who has previously represented the Australia A Schoolboys and Australian Under 20 side, was yesterday named alongside his brother and 2014 Australian Under 20 representative, Ross Haylett-Petty, in the Perth Spirit squad to contest the Buildcorp National Rugby Championship.

Haylett-Petty says he’s enjoyed being a part of the Western Australian club again.

“I’ve really enjoyed coming back to the Force and getting back to Perth with all my friends and family,” he said.

“I missed the first six weeks of the season this year, which wasn’t ideal, but I then played nine of the last 10. I felt like I was starting to find some form at the end of the season, but unfortunately the end came too soon. I’m really looking forward to getting back next year and pushing for a place in that back three again.

“It’s been great to come into such a great group of boys here at the Force. The group is very tight, the culture is really strong and continues to grow, and it’s just a pleasure to come to training every day.

“That said, it’s important that we continue to work hard as it would be shame to take a step backward after all the advances we’ve made this season.”

As the second Perth player to progress directly from the RugbyWA Academy into the Western Force, Haylett-Petty says it’s exciting to see the influx and high quality of local players now earning their way into the Western Australian Asteron Life Super Rugby squad.

“It’s great to see so many local guys coming through,” he said. “Each year the number of local players seems to be growing and there seems to be more and more excellent young talent coming through which is fantastic. It just shows at all the work that’s been done by the Force over the past 10 years to develop these players is paying off.”

Head Coach Michael Foley says the club was very keen to retain Haylett-Petty beyond the 2014 season.

“Having watched Dane play in the French competition for Biarritz, it was clear he’d developed excellent game understanding to compliment a good pass, run and kick skill set,” he said. “On that basis and the fact that he is one of our Perth boys, we were keen for him to re-join the team.

“While Dane can play 15, wing and centre, the character he displayed in his performance as a last-minute inclusion against the Waratahs emphasised why we had to ensure he remained part of the squad into the future.”

Name: Dane Haylett-Petty
    Born: 18/06/1989, Durban (South Africa)
    Position: Wing/fullback
    Club: Cottesloe
    Height: 189cm
    Weight: 95kg
    Super Rugby caps: 21
    Super Rugby points: 10 (2 tries)
    Super Rugby debut: 2008 v Chiefs, Perth
    Representative Rugby: 2008-2009 Australian Under 20, 2007-2008 Australian Sevens, 2007 Australia A Schoolboys

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Only for the one season though???

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast