Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: It's a bloody disaster

vCash
    It matters not who the referee was in a public forum, nor the players who were the culprits or victims.

As for swearing at his own players. Standing next to the ref on the 22m line whilst the rest of the team is in goal is a little extreme in distance to be talking to his own players, and secondly, if you are talking about a referee, or their decisions in an abusive way and they can hear it. Expect a red card. Who you are talking too matters not.

I take the comment about the team normally being good at face value and ask then what made them implode? Why did they react this way.

Lastly Ecky is right, as refs we get one or two games like this in our careers. Nothing prepares you for it, and nothing grates on your mind afterwards more. It affects your life at home & work for days or weeks after, whenever you stop you remember it and get angry, frustrated or even upset, and in extreme cases, referees walk away from the game. No matter how strong a referee you are, the only thing worse is a crippling or fatal injury in your game. Thankfully I have never had one of those. (Goes to touch wood).

Think before you act guys. Please.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

vCash
    I'll tell you what is a disaster......john Dunn ovel in the rain what a joke of a pitch worst in wa for sure.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Toughen up, petal.

When I were lad ...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Toughen up, petal.

When I were lad ...
    John Dunn was pure luxury!

Champion
    vCash
    Their old grounds were worse however lets move on, those dirty roodog 4th grade bastards were lifting in the lineouts today which I thought was illegal,well it was since the last time I played, I personally however was outstanding as you would expect from an All Black triallist, the ref as well was a bit dodgy[Hi Shaky]
    In all seriousness the game was played in the spirit of what sets rugby apart from any other sport and moving on to the 1st grade the Roodogs were very very competitive which is bloody good to see after the season they have had.
    I personally after todays performance rate them well above a few other clubs and their current standing on the table doesn't do them justice.

Last edited by westies man; 27-07-14 at 08:06.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Why can't they play in finals if they get enough points from the next two games.
    So the final outcome from all of this was Wanneroo finishing in 8th spot but deducted 11 points so Nedlands get the 8th spot and even get to play at home in the final. Massive punishment applied to a whole team and club for the actions of one or two who were suspended for their actions.

vCash
    Whats the point of play offs for fifth to eighth spot?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Whats the point of play offs for fifth to eighth spot?
    Yeah it is a bit of a joke. I am guessing they had to condense all the finals from 3 weeks to 2 weeks to allow for the NRC. Pretty sure if you finished 5th you would still fancy having a crack at 1-4 rather than playing 6-8.

It would have been better just to make the regular season 1 week shorter and have 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 then semis then final.

vCash
    So finals are Neddies getting to play at home & other clubs are being sent around to play at other grounds whilst trying to host games for other clubs .... just a 2014 season extension then.

vCash
    only the fourth grade are at home-ist,3rd & u19's are away

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9