Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force Settle for a Bonus Point in Their Loss to Rebels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    As much as you'll be flogged for this comment, it's not far off. Our set piece wasn't crash hot, we had bugger all possession and our attacking options were reliant on forced errors...
    What was with the rebels restart not going 10, and them getting the penalty?
    Our line out was much better this week after being non-existent last week. Our scum was awful last night against the Rebels.

That Rebels restart didn't go 10 metres so Coleman picks it up and knocks it on.

I saw the stats last night and the total possession stat wasn't too bad at 54-46 but I'd wager that most of our possession was in our own half.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Our line out was much better this week after being non-existent last week. Our scum was awful last night against the Rebels.

That Rebels restart didn't go 10 metres so Coleman picks it up and knocks it on.

I saw the stats last night and the total possession stat wasn't too bad at 54-46 but I'd wager that most of our possession was in our own half.
    First half possession was far more the rebels way, surely.

vCash
    Was I just feeling flat watching last nights game or was it kind of a damp squib?
    Usually I'm jumping around and yelling at the tv.. but not this time around

vCash
    Funny you should say that Nic coz I felt the same - very flat & less passionate than normal (and I was at the game too!) Don't think it was the result that made me feel like that - I just felt rather "meh" all game :-( Mind you, I found out about Ana and Jayden's baby at the start of the game and was very saddened by that news, especially as I had only seen her a few weeks back and she was so happy :-( The baby had been due in May I think so she was almost full term :-((

vCash
    OK I'm back in the country now, the Force can start winning again.

I'll never be caught OS when the Force are playing again.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    were you on rottnest?

vCash
    I've just got back to Perth and going to watch the game. For some reason our srum which has been a constant just about all season was terrible from that we were under pressure the whole time.
    What were we doing different?
    Nathan just couldn't hook!
    Rebels were just motoring over us!
    I'm going to watch again because I'm puzzled

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I've just got back to Perth and going to watch the game. For some reason our srum which has been a constant just about all season was terrible from that we were under pressure the whole time.
    What were we doing different?
    Nathan just couldn't hook!
    Rebels were just motoring over us!
    I'm going to watch again because I'm puzzled
    was it the feed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    was it the feed?
    Only watched the first half so far. Feeds were no different to usual "sort of straight" the scrums seemed to be in trouble on the far side, Peks side in he first half but nothing shown on the footage so didn't really help. I did notice a that on Kbombs side the Rebel prop was binding on K's arm during one scrum which was totaly missed.
    Also in the 19th minute at a ruck/maul Higgers came in from the side and played the ball on the ground and dear old Angus (touchie) and the ref both missed it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    From what I saw of pek's scrumming he seemed to be going in shoulders low. Perhaps that was a factor of the amount of work he's put in over the last six weeks, he's normally the one who's getting really low. I have seen Pek be very good at losing the hit and recovering his back to remain in the contest on the second shove...but not on Saturday.

As for KBomb, the opposition loosie was binding his arm all night and using that to drop keiran any time he wanted. Regardless of the fact that the ref isnt calling that, you need to find a solution. I notice KBomb binding further and further around his back as the game went on. Would have to look again to see whether it gained him anything.

I think the issue with the scrum was energy, they just didn't look sharp, lost the majority of the engagements and failed to handle a heavier pack. I reckon that was a strategy by the rebels coaching staff to take some of the sting out of our breakdown. I also noticed the Rebs stacking the breakdown, don't remember seeing one with fewer than three forwards, where we often went with one. At the beginning of the game, when we were winning our fair share, I thought they would be the ones who ran out of fitness......but they didn't.

C'mon the

vCash
    Oh for the days when a prop could deal with incorrect binding from the opposite prop. It usually settled it fairly quickly, one way or the other. It also drew attention to what was going on to the ref.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Oh for the days when a prop could deal with incorrect binding from the opposite prop. It usually settled it fairly quickly, one way or the other. It also drew attention to what was going on to the ref.
    A smack in the mouth was always hard to get away with from the tight head, and a lot harder to deliver than one by the loose head.

C'mon the

vCash
    Fair comment Gigs. Never had a problem though. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    A smack in the mouth was always hard to get away with from the tight head, and a lot harder to deliver than one by the loose head.
    it's all about dedication. doing a cammo on big kevvie was probably going full retard though

vCash
    TBH having watched the whole match again I have to say we were out scrumed! Yes a bit of illegal binding but the Rebels just seemed to have they edge over us. IMO, as very old school, I think we are to low but so are most of the other teams.
    To many penalties, turn overs at critical stages. We could have and should have won but it looked as the boys were running on empty, as a few others have mentioned they looked flat and never really got them selves going.
    The Bulls haven't traveled well and let's hope they put us back on to another winning streak.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast