Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force Settle for a Bonus Point in Their Loss to Rebels

vCash
    that attempted intercept by DHP in the first half on our own line was almost one of those brilliant length of the field tries, if he had just got his fingers a little further round the ball he wouldve been uncatcheable. unfortunately bad luck once again crueled him.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    With the boys flat and tired, the pack not firing, why not use the bench earlier? Not sure that was a smart move, especially with the Bulls next week. Both Pek and KBomb looked pooped at half time and IMO could have been given a breather earlier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Same could be said if kyle i think it was held the ball. Or if DHP took that intercept clean and ran the field. We had to drop one eventually. Sucks it was against the rebels though!
    Don't mind it if we screw up, but when officials make a blatant error it's harder to take - check out Hodgo's reaction.

vCash
    Not disappointed considering the hammering from last week. Most distressing thing is the crap we will have to endure from GG. Good though that we have 8 days to recuperate and regroup for the Bulls game

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    The team was always going to be tired, so I guess the question could be asked why they didn't increase the focus on attack and make the Rebels do the hard yards. The last five minutes were about the only time they kept the ball in hand to get up the field - can't help wonder why they didn't do it more and chance their arm rather than again try to defend to a win. Whatever...the Rebels were harder at the breakdown, well better at the set piece and prepared to do the attacking so all credit to them.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Dellit has played his last game and I didn't see Prior play all that well with the slow ball to Sias. We need Alby back and Morahan for the Bulls to have a chance, plus the 8 day break will give us more of a fighting chance.

Our Draw has to be the hardest in the competition. 2 x 1 Game Journey's to NZ, and There and Back to the East Coast. No other team does it, so if we finish well with Pride I'll be happy, and maybe next year the Draw will be an even playing table for ALL TEAMS.

vCash
    I also thought that Prior service was slow and at times wayward.

vCash
    Yes sallow ball at the back really stodgier any attacking chance, especially those couple of times when Hodgo nearly got the try. Crisper passing would've made a big difference. Also as Foley mentioned, player support was a bit slow as we'll. eg Kyle getting crunched. But it was a big ask this week after 5 slogs.

vCash
    Ha! that should be slow ball not sallow!

vCash
    We knew what you meant Valz.... I think there are many of us who are a tad shell shocked this morning.. for more than one reason..

I don't know about our boys... I found it very hard to front up for work this morning..
    TIF & Co looked great though.. at lease they had a showing..

vCash
    Like you guys say, the dream run had to come to an end at some point, and with the physicality of last week., injuries to key positions and short turn around I thought it might be this week.

All in all they did well, and scrapped it out for a crucial bonus point. A knock on here, a loose pass there and the scoreline would have looked very different. Sias' knock on in the first half 5m out was a bit of a turning point I felt, and meant we got no reward after over 10 phases of attack.

Rest up boys and get yourselves right for next weekend. It will be my last home game (relocating to London) and I want you to send me off with a good win!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Our Draw has to be the hardest in the competition. 2 x 1 Game Journey's to NZ, and There and Back to the East Coast. No other team does it, so if we finish well with Pride I'll be happy, and maybe next year the Draw will be an even playing table for ALL TEAMS.
    With the exception of a proper 2-week tour to NZ, our schedule ain't gonna get easier. To the eastern states a flight to NZ is the same as flying here, so they don't get why we need back-to-back games in NZ. Also, teams touring SA often have an outbound or inbound game here, so we could ask for something similar when we tour NZ. But as a geographical outlier, it's difficult to build the schedule where our travel is even to everyone else.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    It's hard to maintain the intensity week in week out. In a sense this loss may be helpful to refocus.

A few lads had a slightly off day at the office, and 2 or 3 times in the red zone we should have picked up some 'meat'.

But we did very well to keep plugging for the bonus point try.

8 day turnaround will be appreciated. Hopefully we'll get a few back from injury. We'll need to technically re-jig our scrum against the Bulls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kept One View Post
    I also thought that Prior service was slow and at times wayward.
    He planted his feet and dished off. Making first receiver a clear target everytime. He was atleast trying to give quick ball, but not offering any attack at the breakdown (like Alby does)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Very similar to last weeks game without a couple if arsey tries to the Honey Badger
    As much as you'll be flogged for this comment, it's not far off. Our set piece wasn't crash hot, we had bugger all possession and our attacking options were reliant on forced errors...
    What was with the rebels restart not going 10, and them getting the penalty?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast