Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ARU rule Folau unfit to face force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Not surprising, the team doctor is a chick - what would she know? She shouldn't be there anyway ...
    Did you see the former long time blondie team doc for the Tahs, now at the Brumbies

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Marcel has got a wicked cut-em-off-at-the-ankles tackle.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What a game! What a result! If anyone finds my voice please return it!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post

Also, I know I shouldn't talk about the refs, but how do we get a Sydney man who was stood down for two weeks for poor performances, as the ref for Force vs Tahs?
    That is a very good question. We have always been advised that the lower ranked matches get refetees to match. Perhaps a couple of our resident sirs could explain, what it would seem, a change inpolicy.
    Said many times here that good teams take refs out of the equation. True enough. But the skipper did that tonight. Looked as if we were gonna get another rogering from sir tonight until Hodgo had a couple of lengthy discussions re what was happening on the floor. Soon as the boys started to get a fair go the win was on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That is a very good question. We have always been advised that the lower ranked matches get refetees to match. Perhaps a couple of our resident sirs could explain, what it would seem, a change inpolicy.
    Said many times here that good teams take refs out of the equation. True enough. But the skipper did that tonight. Looked as if we were gonna get another rogering from sir tonight until Hodgo had a couple of lengthy discussions re what was happening on the floor. Soon as the boys started to get a fair go the win was on.
    Aye. About 20-25 minutes in Gardner had a word with Hodgson, basically saying one more infringement and you lose a player, and the Tahs didn't get another point until Beale's try (which was definitely worth going to the TMO for - final pass may have been 'flat', but didn't look it from my seat!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Hodgo changed his tact. It was a bit in the refs face until we got a penalty against us in their territory down the western side he was bending over receiving instructions then thanked the ref gave to ref a pat on the back and ran back to the line. Good ref management skills after that didn't seem to be playing against the ref.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Aye. About 20-25 minutes in Gardner had a word with Hodgson, basically saying one more infringement and you lose a player, and the Tahs didn't get another point until Beale's try (which was definitely worth going to the TMO for - final pass may have been 'flat', but didn't look it from my seat!)
    It was forward from where I was sitting there were two passes of the ruck the first was forward the second was flat but hey who gives a hoot after the result.

I came home and watched the replay much to the missus consternation, listening to phill's commentary of cams "try" was amusing. He said he didn't have a problem with the obstruction, kafer said straight up great play but obstruction.

Last edited by sandgroperrugby; 13-04-14 at 08:39.
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I was critical of Gardner's appointment but I thought apart from the first 15 mins where the penalty count was lopsided, he put in a ballsy day at the office eg, pinging the all Wallaby front row countless times and going to the TMO for the obstruction. NSW bias expected, didn't show IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2