Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PERTH SPIRIT RETURNS FOR NATIONAL RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP

vCash
    This is the brightest I've ever felt about Rugby in WA.
    I want to see the NRC succeed. I will do my best to see every home game for the spirit.
    Love the black and gold hoops and I hope they keep it that way.
    Finally we get to watch WA rugby for longer than July!!
    Can't wait for Rugby WA to get the new team website up and running and get the new merchandise rolling out, too!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Has anybody heard any news about NRC? I'm getting a bit peeved with the lack of media about it. The comp starts in a couple of months, so I hope they get the show up and running soon!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Has anybody heard any news about NRC? I'm getting a bit peeved with the lack of media about it. The comp starts in a couple of months, so I hope they get the show up and running soon!
    The North Harbour Rays clubs officially signed off on their joint venture last Wednesday - that's about it.

vCash
    It will be interesting to see when RugbyWA come out and announce the team and we get more in depth info on the tournament.
    Will they be selling Perth Spirit merchandise/and memberships that anyone's aware of?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Defiantly no memberships, only thing that "may" happen is that Diamond will get first option on diamond seats etc etc. Too short a time for much else.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Is that Diamond getting a crack at Diamond seats situation a hint that the games will be at NiB?

vCash
    Correct Jargs but nothing set in stone as of last week when I spoke with HQ.

vCash
    it would be awesome if the games were to be held at nib. it would be a good game to watch (particularly if the game commences while it's still daylight).
    It would be great viewing for families.
    I'm just happy I get to watch professional rugby in Perth almost into Summer season.
    The transition from rugby to cricket will be seamless :p

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    At least one team seems to know where and when it's playing: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226965359907

vCash
    From the Roar: http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/07/08...urne-canberra/ but Brett MacKay doesn't usually just pull stuff from his arse. What he has to say about the Perth Spirit:

Perth Spirit
    Rugby WA and the Western Force organisation will manage and run the Spirit team, as was the case for the ARC in 2007, when they were also able to pull together one of the stronger squads in that competition.

The Spirit are one of several NRC teams that can’t say a whole lot as yet – under instruction – and that all details around playing strip, squad members and their draw can’t be revealed until the official NRC launch a few weeks out from the start of the competition.

Coach: Still to be confirmed, but highly unlikely to be Western Force head coach Michael Foley. Force assistants Dave Wessels and/or Kevin Foote are seemingly in the frame, though Rugby WA aren’t saying.

Home ground: I can confirm it’s highly unlikely that nib Stadium will be used, simply due to the costs involved. The Spirit are instead looking to play at some of the best club grounds in Perth, as a means of providing the best connection to the WA rugby community.

Home games confirmed: Rugby WA wouldn’t comment on their draw, though I’ve been able to confirm that Perth play the University of Canberra Vikings in Canberra in Round 1.

Playing squad announced/expectations: A good mix of contracted Western Force players (minus any Wallabies squad members) and local talent from the Pindan Premier Grade competition in Perth. My specific question to them about the likely participation of their foreign marquees – Ably Mathewson, Willem Steenkamp, and co. – went unanswered, however the Spirit were very quick to confirm that Jonny Wilkinson has not been approached by Rugby WA!

Logo and jersey design/colours: Logo currently in circulation is the same as was used in the 2007 Australian Rugby Championship. Rugby WA told me the NRC strip “will feature the traditional state colours of black and gold in a modern design for the new competition”.

Major sponsor: Still in the process of confirmation, however discussions are well progressed with a number of interested parties.

Website / Twitter / Facebook: www.rugbywa.com.au | @PerthSpirit | Facebook page coming soon.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure I like the idea that the strip “will feature the traditional state colours of black and gold in a modern design for the new competition”. Keep the ARC's black and gold hoops, please!

But it looks like a lot's happening with the ARU keeping their cards very close to their chest. Not sure why when I'd want to get the message out as wide-spread as I could, but maybe they believe that telling the general public about the NRC while Super Rugby is still on will confuse them!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Damn straight, they better keep the hooped jersey!
    Don't try and make it all fancy. Love the classic look with WA state colours

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    6 or 7 weeks until the season starts and still nothing has been confirmed and the ARU wonders why they're going broke.

vCash
    Here we go again, it's all about the bloody jumper and black n gold hoops, seriously, do you really care as long as we get to see more rugby

My birdies confirmed Nib will be used contrary to the above, however that was some weeks ago now, and may very well have changed!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I suspect they will have to use NIB for the televised games but can farm it out to other venues when the match isn't expected to be televised.

Champion
    vCash
    Can't find the squad anywhere, does anyone know who's in it

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast