Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The future of rockingham

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Rockingham is in charge of their own destiny chertubler like every other club is. Rugbywa are not to blame for the internal problems of any club. It was RRockinghams decision to move to lark hill so far away from its traditional player base that has contributed significantly to Rockinghams problems, leading to the disgruntled forming Madurah and kwinana. Blame shifting is bullshit, look inwards for the cause of the problems.
    Wasn't it RWA that made the decision to demote the reserve grade team, wasn't it RWA that wanted a new committee, wasn't it RWA that offered assistence in the rebuild of Rocky becuase of this ...
    Rocky moved to the best premises in the state, of course they moved pretty much every club offered fantastic facilities would move. Exactly who has a traditional player base any more, this phrase demonstrates a parochial, draconian understandng of the current landscape ...
    RWA people that make decisions are salaried, Rocky people working tirelessly are not ...

Anything else that makes the previous post complete bull ... !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Ntt before posting get your facts right.
    The council made rocky move they did not want to but had no choice in the end.
    Mand was formed before the move by a player who did not get selected in a rep team so had a sook
    Kwinana was formed by a ex committee person after a disagreement
    rugby wa were told this would be deprementl to rocky but would not listen and guess what no prems at rocky now so yes I think they have played a huge part in what has happened

vCash
    And Lark Hill is slap bang in the middle of the highest concentration of expats from rugby nations in the known universe, let's not forget that one Chertubler!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    NTT . kalamunda cant talk how many imports looks like 6 how many poached 3 and its only money thats saving the club from being the next rocky

Last edited by Buck; 29-03-14 at 10:15.

vCash
    All in the name of growth of rugby in WA

vCash
    Perhaps lots of the rocky like rugby but can't commit to playing. Might be due to their work perhaps?

vCash
    You've now got a situation where you have 3 junior clubs (Rocky, Mand, Kwin) who are arguably struggling and who have no U19 sides all in the same vicinity. RugbyWA is partially responsible for this clusterfück and should give themselves an uppercut. They need to be promoting local rugby and encouraging the growth of the sport especially in the outer suburbs and they simply haven't done their job in this instance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    You've now got a situation where you have 3 junior clubs (Rocky, Mand, Kwin) who are arguably struggling and who have no U19 sides all in the same vicinity. RugbyWA is partially responsible for this clusterfück and should give themselves an uppercut. They need to be promoting local rugby and encouraging the growth of the sport especially in the outer suburbs and they simply haven't done their job in this instance.
    And do RWA know of the fact that Mandurah Storm are gathering recruits ... of a very similar age group !!!

Player
    vCash
    Mandurah Storm?? Does the WARL not know that there is a League Club already in Rockingham and that they are dooming the MS and Rockingham to disaster. Perhaps Rocky's failure to elect a President and a Committee comprising more than 2 or 3 people at their last AGM might have something to do with their demise from Prems. Maybe having a League Club on the other side of the Clubhouse poaching their young talent didn't help much either.

Rookie
    vCash
    I sat in a meeting almost 12 months to the day where a strategic plan was provided by a group of the RRUFC committee members to the CRAC.
    A group of dedicated rugby men who were putting their own time, money and resources into a club that had struggled to provide consistency on and off the field.
    RRUFC had identified key areas and were working on systems and initiatives to keep the place moving forward in a sustainable manner and to keep the pathway to senior rugby open to all juniors whether it be Mandurah,
    Kwinana or Bunbury.
    We were then advised Rocky are no longer required in Premier grade as you don't have a full set of teams.
    Then we were advised that under duty of care it was the CRAC's decision to remove us as it was a danger to players.
    We were asked to keep this quiet as we have not worked out how to tell everyone yet but could we please play Associates on Saturday believe it or not because they have probably already brought their bread rolls (I kid you not).
    We were asked also to remain quiet until the end of round 1 so every club had the opportunity to pick up 5 points against Rockingham. Associates 19 - Rockingham 19.
    Rockingham were the form side of the 2nd round in my opinion.
    Still no interest in Rockingham's strategic plan in what we were trying to achieve.
    After a three and a half hour meeting there was still no moving on the CRAC's decision.
    The RRUFC asked for Rugby WA to refund their sponsorship money given for Premier grade and the money spent on importing players ie airfares and accommodation.
    All of a sudden we have a right of appeal but would be heard by the CRAC so were told not much chance of a repeal.
    The following morning Rugby WA were informed that RRUFC had taken legal advice and would appeal the decision. By 2pm that afternoon we were advised to split our club if we wished to remain in premier grade.
    Informing the player group and the sponsor's was hard to put to them but was accepted and the club moved on.
    At no time did the RRUFC complain about the league club, the location of other rugby clubs or attracting force players due to our location. These were all issues identified in RRUFCs strategic plan and we were moving forward.
    We were informed that other clubs were sick of travelling to Rocky because we only have 3 teams so this was another reason why we were being kicked out.
    So we have duty of care, not enough teams, teams don't want to travel and bread rolls (very important).
    Our main premier grade sponsor when informed was very unhappy and wrote to Rugby WA - he was told to mind his own business. A part of the AHG group - no wonder they struggle to retain sponsors.
    At no time did the CRAC show any interest in the strategic, what we had achieved to date and by self checking had achieved more milestones than we had anticipated ourselves. This was a group of local businessmen, some interested in rugby, some affiliated through their children - who were doing your job for you in the southern zone in their own FREE time.
    After seeing the debacle this season with clubs split - some clubs failing to put in 2 teams when travelling ( will they be fined?)
    and some clubs potentially not fulfilling the full suite of teams learn from your mistakes, listen to the volunteers from the clubs who give of their free time and maybe give them a copy of Rockingham's strategic plan.
    You should show some respect to those 2 - 3 who have put up their hands to keep the doors open. After watching the fiasco that last year's volunteers were put through - why would you come back? Why would you bother.
    This is no April Fool I could write a book and there is so much more to say.
    Leon Davis was supportive of Rockingham and what it was trying to achieve after listening to what was put forward but lacked support from the other CRACs.
    Beware of a CRAC member driving a van with bread rolls pulling into your club car park.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Most informative Insider and, I am sad to say, consistent with what has been dealt out to Rockingham over many years. I fear for the Club's existence but do appreciate what the few are doing, to keep it functioning. Good luck.

Player
    vCash
    And there were people believing them when Rocky people said that they were pulling out of the 2013 Under 19s Colts because the entire team had been poached by the League Club next door.
    I was under the impression that RugbyWA conducted a process last year to look at the future of the Comp and this year's format is what the Club's wanted.
    In the last few pages I have read nothing but whinging and complaining about how poor Rocky are being picked on. You need to ask yourself if you want to attach to a comment about bread rolls or do you want Rocky to be a blazing success in the South. If the latter then step up and do the business and no more cracking the sads and running away, no more excuses and no more blaming the likes of Mandurah, Kwinana and RWA.

Rookie
    vCash
    Your comments are all deflection and no substance.
    The CRAC were told that we required time, we were on the right track and all we required was support from the governing body and rugby would be better for it.
    Still arrogance and ignorance and no interest in what was being achieved.
    The junior club had grown from 170 to 320 juniors in 3 years even with the approval of Kwinana
    The seniors were becoming more competitive across all grades.
    RRUFC reduced its senior team numbers from 5 in 2012 to 3 in 2013 as the pressure to maintain the extra men’s side was putting too much pressure on the club to front up each week and we all know how many players in the lower grades play 2 games each week particularly in the front row.
    (According to Rugby WA this doesn’t happen)
    This should not be a crime and indeed is starting to happen at a few clubs this season with the availability of numbers in the participation level 3rd through 5th grades although competitive these grades are about participating and are generally the life of clubs.
    Once again no listening ears just stories of their past experience at clubs and how they had struggled
    but we are all just one big happy family, you are all a bit emotional at the moment you are all good blokes go back and run your club we will be there to support you.
    The CRAC were informed that their decision would drive Committee members and players from the game
    The CRAC were informed we felt they were making a big mistake and the outcome would take the club back 5 years and all work to date wasted.
    I still don’t see any whinging in the first post or this one; I read facts and feel for the game of rugby in WA as you should. I have been involved in rugby in WA for 28 years as a player, coach, committee member and sponsor of a rugby club and would have my fair share of detractors and see myself as no angel but listening to a great deal of the rugby community in general the game is not in a happy place .This is not a whinge fest about Rocky it is about RUGBY
    This is not a tit for tat forum, show the rugby community somewhere or something that is tangible that you or your CRAC have done for rugby in general that is positive and creates an even playing field for all rugby players committee members and volunteers, there are that many choices out there you need to be ahead of the game to retain players, volunteers and sponsors
    If things don’t change there will be more people walk from the game that have also served the game over the years that are getting frustrated with the direction of the game. This is also a fact.
    I don’t envy your job but you have put yourself in this position so must understand that it starts at the top of the tree and should provide some sort of leadership and direction.
    I look forward to your view and comment

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    And there were people believing them when Rocky people said that they were pulling out of the 2013 Under 19s Colts because the entire team had been poached by the League Club next door.
    I was under the impression that RugbyWA conducted a process last year to look at the future of the Comp and this year's format is what the Club's wanted.
    In the last few pages I have read nothing but whinging and complaining about how poor Rocky are being picked on. You need to ask yourself if you want to attach to a comment about bread rolls or do you want Rocky to be a blazing success in the South. If the latter then step up and do the business and no more cracking the sads and running away, no more excuses and no more blaming the likes of Mandurah, Kwinana and RWA.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting Rockingham are being picked on and possibly to some extent their absence from the Prems division this year is there own doing, I don't know, so I can only speculate. But their situation has been exacerbated by RugbyWA's lack of foresight and continual ineptitude, exemplified by the existence of Kwinana. When you have 2 struggling junior clubs in one area why on earth would RugbyWA agree to a 3rd junior club starting up? They have proven time and again they do not have the smarts nor the organisational skills to run rugby in this state. I have many, many examples.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Talk about bread rolls BS it reminds me of a incident at westfield oval when Arks dropped out of first grade and several members were seeing running with bags of bread rolls to wards the Cottesloe golf coarse. They didn't hung round for the rest of the sausages to be cooked . We are still down here waiting for them to come back with the rolls to help us get back in to prem grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast