Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The future of rockingham

Player
    vCash
    Rocky have said this for sometime about joining to make one senior team down this way but mandurah are not interested and rugby was keep on letting new teams pop up because it is expanding rugby load of crap

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The logical thing is for Rockingham, Mandurah & Kwinana to all merge. It's ludicrous considering Rockingham have been struggling for a while, that Kwinana was even allowed to be established.

Apprentice
    vCash
    What are the three clubs junior numbers like?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Have to endorse chertub's version of events. Many years ago a letter was sent to Mandurah seeking a meeting to consider the establishment of a Peel team comprising both clubs. Sadly Rockingham were told to bugger off, that Mandurah were their own club and they looked forward to the day when they played against Rocky in Premier grade.. And with some people from the Mandurah Club saying they would drive players to Palmyra or Nedlands rather than see them play for Rocky, there was not a lot of hope of amalgamation.
    I don't believe that there was bad blood towards the Pirates at all.

Player
    vCash
    If rugby wa really want a Prem team in the lower south then they can make it happen rocky has been given a letter from rugby wa that they can re enter the Prem grade in 2015 so why not tell the three clubs this is what is going to happen instead of pussy footing around and worrying about who they might upset.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    What happened years ago is irrelevant to today. Peel rugby club will be up and running for next season and you can quote me on that

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I hope you are right Westie, I would like nothing more than to see a strong competitive Club with all grades operating out of the Peel Region.
    In my opinion, RWA have created this situation, and they need to take the lead now, for our game to survive in this area in the future.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    I don't believe that there was bad blood towards the Pirates at all.
    Listen to Bunter, my opinion is only based upon the impressions gained by a club member and junior coach from several years ago. It might have been something isolated to a couple of people in the age grade I was involved with.

Bunter is involved a whole lot deeply that I would ever hope to be.

C'mon the

vCash
    Thanks GIGS, the Rocky Club has had many excellent people involved over the years. As one former member put it after moving south, "Rocky has had so many good people over the years. Just a pity they were not there at the same time.They would be unbeatable"
    I'm sure there are players at every Club who enjoy slagging other Clubs GIGS, and I admit to hearing isolated cases at Rocky. But generally the people that give their all in a voluntary capacity, always respect other Clubs, as they know how bloody hard it is to keep these Clubs afloat under very trying circumstances.
    I hope there can be some solution worked out this season that sees a Peel, (or whatever name can be agreed upon) entering the Premier Grade Competition in 2015. A lot of work to be done to reach that stage though I'm afraid.

Player
    vCash
    Anybody from rugby wa have any opinions on this .I know rocky would be behind a merge and as bunter said rugby wa have caused this mess but have now gone silent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    I'm sure there are players at every Club who enjoy slagging other Clubs GIGS, and I admit to hearing isolated cases at Rocky. But generally the people that give their all in a voluntary capacity, always respect other Clubs, as they know how bloody hard it is to keep these Clubs afloat under very trying circumstances.
    No probs, Bunter, I just wanted to square the ledger.

I was there before Kwinana started up, but I think my boys group was pretty central to that split, so maybe that's where the talk came from. I really hope something happens, because Rocky was a real beginning for me actually following rugby rather than just being an interested watcher. I owe them a lot!

I have also seen the passion of so many long serving, legendary members there, some might be maligned for their passion, but Rocky will always stand in my mind as the example of what a rugby club should be.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    So rugby wa no comment what will you do if north and south combine with all the junoirs and say bollocks to you and form there own league how would your little circle survivor

vCash
    Rockingham is in charge of their own destiny chertubler like every other club is. Rugbywa are not to blame for the internal problems of any club. It was RRockinghams decision to move to lark hill so far away from its traditional player base that has contributed significantly to Rockinghams problems, leading to the disgruntled forming Madurah and kwinana. Blame shifting is bullshit, look inwards for the cause of the problems.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Rockingham is in charge of their own destiny chertubler like every other club is. Rugbywa are not to blame for the internal problems of any club. It was RRockinghams decision to move to lark hill so far away from its traditional player base that has contributed significantly to Rockinghams problems, leading to the disgruntled forming Madurah and kwinana. Blame shifting is bullshit, look inwards for the cause of the problems.
    The Rockingham City Council moved the Rugby Union, League, Soccer, Softball and other sports clubs down to Lark Hill because the land was rezoned for future University expansion.

Although Rockingham are not in Premier Grade - the club is still there - the doors are open and the volunteers and members working down there are promoting rugby to the best of their ability.

Volunteers come and go - people do not have to give of their time - it is their own time that they are giving.

I had believed that Rocky and Kala had always had a good relationship on and off the field - Rocky has been very supportive of Kala's bid to obtain a board position and have not heard of any negative feedback about any club where Rocky premier players have gone to.

The club realizes the work and effort to maintain a premiership side and with the best interests of Rugby in Rockingham have made some tough decisions to rebuild and move forward from it's junior base.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    How is your destiny when you can't retain players? Kala has more players go through their front door than Linda Lovelace - and it would cost your club more than a night with Linda I bet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast