Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Super Rugby referees panel set for change

vCash
    Well we benefited from Alby just being penalised - it could've been yellow or red so we could be saying "if only" this morning... He was pedantic with some things (like showing the nines how to feed the scrum ball - priceless) and let other stuff slide.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I thought he handled the feet incident well. He had all the reasons to go to his pocket for that and didn't.

Late shot on Ebersohn wasn't a late shot. Chiefs player just stood his ground. Afraid that was Ebersohn trying to buy a PK. The YC for Chiefs No. 1 was also bang on.

My main criticism is that I wasn't sure what some PK were for because his secondary signals were non existent at times. That doesn't mean they were wrong. Just I couldn't be sure.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Champion
    vCash
    Alby had a brain snap ,personally I think there should be more of it but he zoned out pure and simple and would expect more discipline from a senior player and Ebersohn let himself down with that soccer like performance otherwise he played very very well

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Ska was playing for an Oscar, there was nothing wrong with that and I agree, Westie about Alby stupid play in this day and age.
    He really should have had those old wooden studs in that we used to have! Bring back rucking!

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    I can remember the leather studs tacked on with nails but wooden studs, never heard of them.Just how old are you Snob

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I remember them Snob

vCash
    Those were the days.

Champion
    vCash
    Do you guy's have adjoining rooms at the rest home

vCash
    My first boots back in the late 50's had wooden studs held in by nails that always seemed to be coming out you really didn't want them any were near your back.
    TBH I don't remember wether they were new when I got them or they may have been hand me downs which was common back then. Not like today when everyone gets brand new gear every 5 mins.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SNOB; 23-03-14 at 14:30.

vCash
    Funny you should say that, as my folks got mine from a radio trading post call in show in the 70s.. Money was tight back then but we wanted for nothing. I was so proud of them I even wore them when watching club footie with the old man. Podiatrist would have a field day - second hand rugby boots..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metalslugsman View Post
    Overall what are the opinions of the refereeing in last nights game in Perth? A few of us at the game thought it was poor and that it generally favoured the Chiefs where there was room for interpretation, but given my support of the Force I wonder if I am biased. The late shot on Ebersohn in the first half by the Chiefs 8, which was I penalised, shortly after Alby's dance class did seem to be studiously ignored.

Do we seem to always get the new or poor refs in Perth? Will better performances see better standard of referees in Perth?
    I heard Lourens van der Merwe ignore several calls from his Assistant Refs last night, that would have given the ball back to the Chiefs. IMO a very scratchy performance by Mr van der Merwe.

Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Ska was playing for an Oscar, there was nothing wrong with that and I agree, Westie about Alby stupid play in this day and age.
    He really should have had those old wooden studs in that we used to have! Bring back rucking!
    I only remember the feel of nicely sharpened metal studs. Nails! now that is something else altogether.

Go The Force!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    I heard Lourens van der Merwe ignore several calls from his Assistant Refs last night, that would have given the ball back to the Chiefs. IMO a very scratchy performance by Mr van der Merwe.
    I had the sports ears on and can't remember any incident where he ignored his assistants.

vCash
    Just been checking I would have had those boots in 1962 not late '50s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    I had the sports ears on and can't remember any incident where he ignored his assistants.
    I heard, a not five and a not straight on two separate Force lineouts and 1 or 2 offside calls against Blue. Sure I could have miss heard a player through the refs microphone, but it sounded to calm, crisp and clear as most transmissions between the Refs and Assistant Refs. O well, I still think it was a scratchy performance from Lourens van der Merwe, but by no way the worst from a Ref

Go The Force!

vCash
    [QUOTE=RugbyRef;374452]"I thought he handled the feet incident well. He had all the reasons to go to his pocket for that and didn't.

Late shot on Ebersohn wasn't a late shot. Chiefs player just stood his ground. Afraid that was Ebersohn trying to buy a PK."

I agree with you on both counts. However, I thought he controlled the game poorly mainly because he was inconsistent leading to a lack of control at the ruck and maul - makes it very difficult for the players to act decisively

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast