Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trials And Tribulations

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    Good to see the young wests centre back in action, and cott look to have picked up one or two decent players.. although both teams looked unrecognizable from last year so I'd be surprised if there where not a fair few to come in.
    Him, the 1st 5 who had a bloody good game and an open side who didn't play all have not played for 2 seasons due to injury and will all play a big part this season.Only recognised about 5 Cott players so they have ton's to come back as do we.Did hear Spoons the Cott No 8 who came on against the Lions on the wing is about to shoot thru to Qld,big loss pretty handy player.We have lost 2 of our starters to broken ankles in 2 weeks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 17-03-14 at 19:19. Reason: quote brackets
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    What are all these pathetic outcomes telling us?

What they're telling me is that there have been too many ineffectual clubs allowed to spring up like mushrooms by an effete and equally ineffectual RugbyWA administration.

These new entities have drained their players from previously reasonably solid clubs, weakening those clubs in the lower grades, without the wannabe's having the ability to become strong enough themselves to compete, other than in a closeted and protected environment. This leads to competitive players being lost to the game, and depleted clubs becoming more uncompetitive and without depth.

This in turn results in the better players in depleted clubs gravitating to the stronger clubs which remain competitive, thereby destroying the weaker clubs. And yes I know, the predatory practices of some of the stronger clubs doesn't help.

So we have uncompetitive new clubs, not attracting any new blood of their own, leaching off the established clubs, adding nothing to the game, while older clubs , and we all know who they are, die the death of a thousand cuts.

All this is exacerbated by the placement by RugbyWA of their Force players in the stronger teams, where they are not needed.

This year there will be a nine team premier grade, and, I predict, an 8 team competition next year.

Thanks for nothing.

Champion
    vCash
    What's that about a 9 team premier grade comp.Is there something going on I don't know about

Last edited by westies man; 18-03-14 at 13:48.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    It's about a premier club that can only field 25 players over 4 senior grades two weeks before the competition starts ...

vCash
    You know Fulvio you sound like those eastern states wags who insist that the Force offer nothing to Australian Rugby, weaken the existing teams and it will all be ruined.

Champion
    vCash
    Actually Fulvio heard an hour ago that Kala have poached Rockies best 2 players.Their centre and 1st 5

vCash
    I pity those that can't see the nose in front of their face, defend the indefensible, and repeat the same mistakes in the belief that next time the outcome will be different.

vCash
    Kala poached the best player in the state last year, fat lot of good it did them without a structure.

Player
    vCash
    yep rocky is in serious trouble and this will be there last year in prems rugby wa has massive promblem with club rugby this year

vCash
    Now let's sit back and wait for some political bullshit.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Now let's sit back and wait for some political bullshit.
    It was a tad over 25.

Wait, that doesn't make it any better...

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Actually Fulvio heard an hour ago that Kala have poached Rockies best 2 players.Their centre and 1st 5
    Just the midfielder I think bro, seen him on the sideline at the Kala/Ned's trial. He's got a few Wellington bros there and a few more arriving in the next couple of weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    yep rocky is in serious trouble and this will be there last year in prems rugby wa has massive promblem with club rugby this year
    But didn't we have record registrations just last year?????????

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymar11 View Post
    Just the midfielder I think bro, seen him on the sideline at the Kala/Ned's trial. He's got a few Wellington bros there and a few more arriving in the next couple of weeks.
    Both Nate,deal was done tonite about 6 o'clock ,I don't post unless I know the facts, most of the time ,occasionally ,seldom , okay rarely but who cares never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm afraid that I think Mr Fulvio has hit the nail right on the head. The Community Rugby scene has come to this, after many years of poor judgement by competition managers, who through their decisions, seem to have spread player numbers very thinly over a larger area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast