Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebels beat Cheetahs

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Rebels beat Cheetahs

A good game marred only by some very poor ref'ing and an even worse yellow card decision.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    rebels look good

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    A good game marred only by some very poor ref'ing and an even worse yellow card decision.
    Agree Happy...The Western Force have, too often, been at the wrong end of Angus Gardner's poor efforts in the past.

The Rebels OSF left himself open to the Yellow Card with the uppercut instead of just the blows to the arm.

I hope that the WF guys learn that Super XV rugby isn't a suburban comp....keep the aggression for the game and leave the stupid stuff to someone else.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Even Johnathan Kaplan said (on Twitter) that the yellow was a rubbish decision. When are the IRB going to do something about this issue??

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I cant help thinking that if that last Try was scored by the Force, the TMO would have dissallowed.

Player
    vCash
    The great thing about the new Nib stadium is that Angus Gardener could hear my complaints about his eyesight last year. But it has made me wonder two things. What is the path for an Aus ref with a big jump from club to super. And secondly why are sideline refs now almost the equivalent of an AFL goal umpire. Why do we rarely see them make any comment or judgement on the action on the field, especially on the blind side of the ref.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    The great thing about the new Nib stadium is that Angus Gardener could hear my complaints about his eyesight last year. But it has made me wonder two things. What is the path for an Aus ref with a big jump from club to super. And secondly why are sideline refs now almost the equivalent of an AFL goal umpire. Why do we rarely see them make any comment or judgement on the action on the field, especially on the blind side of the ref.
    I have no idea what an AFL goal umpire does but the RU touchies who prefer to be called "arse refs" often give info to the Ref, not always correct, they tend to monitor the scrum side that the ref doesn't see (today's Blues v Saders) game, a couple of off sides in both games today, and apart from that often try to get on tv so mum and the kids can see them. I'd rather they were there to be seen and not heard as my Mum used to say!��

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Higginbotham was everywhere did the hard graft in close and was running amok in the loose. Will be good to see him come back for the wallabies. How many other Aussie forwards would have the tenacity to cross field kick to their winger for a try, maybe only George smith comes to mind.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    What an awesome game by the Rabble. Green with envy as they played exactly how we've wanted our Force to play - high energy/paced game with total committment across all 15 players for 80 minutes.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Exactly how many times have we been promised a performance like the Rebels and then they come up short yet again! Sorry but finding it hard to feel positive about this coming season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    What an awesome game by the Rabble. Green with envy as they played exactly how we've wanted our Force to play - high energy/paced game with total committment across all 15 players for 80 minutes.
    So why can't we play like that? Where's the problem? It's all very well to say that it was the first game of the season etc etc..... but that was also the Rabbles 1st game.

Starting to think we make too many excuses for poor performances.

I sincerely hope for the team we put in the performance we need to tonight. What happens if it's another shambles like last week?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Exactly how many times have we been promised a performance like the Rebels and then they come up short yet again! Sorry but finding it hard to feel positive about this coming season.
    I am too Valzc. After last week, I refuse to believe the hype anymore.

The manner in which the Rebels played last night compared to the Force's first game last week, was a kick in the guts. If the Force really want more people to #Belong they need to start giving us something like the Rebels did last night.

vCash
    For me what was even more impressive about the Rebels performance is that this was there first match of the season up against a team which had already played 2 difficult games..

vCash
    Anyone else see the headbutt?

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Higginbotham was everywhere did the hard graft in close and was running amok in the loose. Will be good to see him come back for the wallabies. How many other Aussie forwards would have the tenacity to cross field kick to their winger for a try, maybe only George smith comes to mind.
    This is why he should be left out. If he isn't kicking, he's standing on the wing

Controversy corner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast