Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    is this one of Spiro Zarvos's rants?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Who is this F......g plonker?

vCash
    I dont mind all the negative crap as when the force do fire we can make all the low lifes eat humble pie

vCash
    I wouldn't get too worked up about articles published on The Roar. Their quality control is nonexistent. They've even been known to publish "articles" by someone with the moniker "Mudskipper". Well they did before they blackballed him.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ...by someone with the moniker "Mudskipper". Well they did before they blackballed him.
    I reckon he'd be ecstatic about being blackballed. anyway.......

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    That is why this season is so important for the Western Force to show critics they are worthy of their place in Super Rugby and persuade the ARU not to cut them.
    If Super Rugby wins and losses is the ARU's reason for having a team in the West, then yes, they're hanging by a thread.

If the ARU's reason for expanding to the West is to develop rugby across the country and grow the playing base, then I think 7 (I believe) players from WA in the squad is evidence that things are developing quite nicely. The wins will come slowly but surely. I think the past has proven that short-term solutions with big-name players is not a route for sustained success.

Think about this - if DHP slots in at 13 (rumored), you could see an all-WA 10-12-13. Heck, even a WA 10-12 combo has never been seen before!

As someone else mentioned, as soon as I saw that Alcock was "named" captain in this article, I took the rest of the "article" as a joke. I'm comforted that anyone with internet access can be a Roar "writer" (spoiler - quotes indicate sarcasm...).

vCash
    The Force are here to stay. Sorry to disappoint all the gimps east of Broken Hill but they want to expand stupor rugby with 6 teams from the RSA and teams from Asia like japan and Hong Kong. The Force are in and so they should be. There are more kiwis in WA than there is in NZ. We just have to get the Afrikaaners to call us home and we have the greatest junior pool of any province.....NZ and RSA. The future is so bright, I gotta wear shades

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    The Force are here to stay. Sorry to disappoint all the gimps east of Broken Hill but they want to expand stupor rugby with 6 teams from the RSA and teams from Asia like japan and Hong Kong. The Force are in and so they should be. There are more kiwis in WA than there is in NZ. We just have to get the Afrikaaners to call us home and we have the greatest junior pool of any province.....NZ and RSA. The future is so bright, I gotta wear shades
    you got a way with word rexy! like an angry ugly poet.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Shit Rex,you are getting back on the bandwagon,after the biggest dummy spit I"ve seen after Foley selected a pub side against the Lions
    the pills must be working!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The Western Force are not going anywhere for the FORCESeeable future (did you see what I did there??)

On field success has nothing to do with what will happen to the Western Force.

Super Rugby is owned by FOXTEL. SuperRugby is all about Television Rights, and time zones. As long as Perth continues to be 2-3 hours (depending on daylight savings on the East Coast) behind Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane Foxtel can have up to 5 games back to back on one day. And thats exactly what they want.

The only thing that would stuff up the Western Force would be some politician saying that Western Australia should have the same time zone as Sydney so that the WA Businesses can better compete with their East Coast counter-parts.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    If the ARU's reason for expanding to the West is to develop rugby across the country and grow the playing base, then I think 7 (I believe) players from WA in the squad is evidence that things are developing quite nicely.
    Aren't there a bunch of WA guys who left the State or left for rugby league also? That shows a pretty decent local talent pool.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2