Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MCMENIMAN SET TO RETURN AS FORCE TACKLES PAMPAS XV & SAMOA A

vCash
    Would have been a much better score if some of those last passes and receives had been better handled. Keeping the Pampas scoreless is a good result, the Pampas team are no walk overs. Missed most of the first game but asked Madness how he had gone and he said " no problem, only one tackle! I wish I was playing in this game, it far more structured" so he's ok and back to normal.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I almost hate to say it out loud, but there looks to be depth at ever position in the forwards.

And, in Morahan, we've got someone who will actually pass the ball to Badger!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Marcel Brache looked very rusty on the wing. Morahan looked good under the high ball, HB was his usual abrasive self. Steenkamp looked like a tough customer with some mongrel in tight. Wykes seemed to be off the pace, caught floundering at the back of the ruck a few times after picking up the ball and held onto the ball in open play when the pass was required with little to no support around him.

Thought the pampas going for a piss on the field in groups of 3 or 4 during the breaks was not something I would see at a force game.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    how did the 2 saffa front rowers look

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    In the pampas game it was really hard to see what was happening in and around the scrum from where I was sitting. By the end of the game we were dominating them, but at the start of the game they received a few penalties someone else may be more enlightening in this area.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Have to say after comtemplation on the train home it was a real positive showing from the force. Sometime it seemed we went back into our defensive shells again instead of foot on the jugular but the attacking intent was there and a lot of the not so good play was just from the changing of the players. The young guys got a good run.

When the ball went wide smartly from side to side we were moving forward or over the line. A real positive in the first 30 mins was how much they backed up when a break was made, always seemed to be a couple of guys ready for the ball, hope they keep it up.

Pampas were good but seemed rusty, lots of dropped ball.
    Agree wholeheartedly Dazlo! Lots more depth and conviction in playing attitude I thought although yes they did at times seem to start reverting back to that habit of shell hiding a few times. Couldn't work out what the problem with the scrims was however - can anyone give info? Also the less pressure than usual at the breakdown with numbers worked well providing the runners but I thought we sacrificed a lot in subsequent turnovers. Would like to have seen more dynamic running onto to the ball but it started to get a lot better in the second half. Thought too that Brache may have had more chance on the wing if Junior hadn't been crowding him as much. Luv Sam but he was a wee bit off pace. Am still getting frustrated with some of the kicking - bloody chip kicks! And what's the story with our goalkicking coach! Great overall but the litmus test is next week!

vCash
    Rugby Banter is reporting that MMM did his shoulder last night and is out for 5 weeks can anyone confirm?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    I spoke to him last night and he said he was fine. He didn't have anything on it, ice or anything. Was just up in the grand stand.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I thought the scrums were packing very low last night, Probably an Argentinian thing, but not challenged by the ref. Our boys wouldn't be very used to being so low in the scrum and that would have caused some instability all round. I would be very surprised if the Refs let that happen during the season.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Sorry Marcel but you won't be having a trip to Sydney next week on that performance. Too many missed tackles and not a lot with ball in hand. Who replaces him? Paddy looked safe under the high ball, was good around the ground and put in a cracking hit in the Samoa game. Maybe Hayward back to fullback and Morahan to win. Stubbs could be an option

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    True Wholetruth. I'm hoping that Foley deliberately seeded both teams with the best players in order to test out the benches and combinations. As stern a test as Pampas was, I think they would have been a level below the good SR teams.

Paddy looked good, and did a lot of organisation in the Samoa game, and Hayward was difficult to tell from Morahan, so there are two options there.

CTM looked busy when he was on, and might be a better option than Junior, who whilst solid, wasn't 100% convincing.

Not to mention, Sam was OK but not amazing in both games, I would currently rank both Rory and Phoenix ahead of him.

So many backrow options it isn't funny, and there'll be a real headache choosing between Prior and Louwrens for the bench Scrummie. I don't think we've seen the best of them yet, at least I hope not, because we'll need another level to put away the Tahs at home.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I'm not convinced at all about Rory. You don't see much of him until there's a handbag scuffle and then he throws out the chest and starts pushing people around. Concentrate on your game son. Phoenix needs to prove something to Foley. All this could all be solved if McMeniman is ready. Could be a hard ask for the Tahs but he would step up. Whether Junior is the best option or not I'm not sure but I reckon he has the 13 spot. Back-row? Where do you start.

vCash
    I thought rory did ok, certainly more valuable than Sam. Note, I WAS talking bench....there's no question in my mind that Madness and Willie start, and play as many minutes as they can. I think I'd put Phoenix next and Rory after that with Sam quite a way back.

Given that we now have some tall timber in the backrow (Stander and McCalman to begin with) I can't see more than one of the locks on the bench (and maybe zero)

C'mon the

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4