Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force brace for physical pre-season contest

vCash
    Try Ben Mc. 19-3 Force. Half time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Half time 19-3 to the force very scrappy game the Samoans committing a lot of penalties stopping any flow the force get and have already received 2 yellow cards.

Thoughts in the game marcel made a great break down the middle which resulted in a try but I'm not sold on him on the wing. Longbottkm and wykes getting though a mountain of work and making plenty of metres. Godwin looks a bit short of a run but has been solid.

Force will have the wind in the second half which I would say would be worth about 3 try's so will be interesting to see how the force use it because the Samoans didn't at all expect to knock over 3 points from about 40 out right in front.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    They look pretty slick. Howling gale in their faces but minimal handling errors. The Samoans are a strong outfit too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Thanks for the updates it's great. How are they looking generally.

vCash
    Lots of changes. But Holmes stays atv10. Junior tov12. Brache fron wing to 13.

Pushover try Force then ruled Penalty Try.
    Force 26-3

vCash
    Alby back on. Try from maul over the line. Holmes I think and he coverts with a brilliant kick close to touch in this gale.
    33-3

Try Jayden H. (Who coyld also be Luke Morahan)

40-3

vCash
    She who shall be obeyed justed stopped Godwin from signing some little kids jersey over the fence said to come back at the end of the game Kyle said no it's fine and she said no come back later...this happened right in front of me very very poor form Kyles face was like WTF

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Try to one of the forwards far side of field.
    Zac Holmes converts anither beauty from near touch.

47-3

3/4 time. Good nite. Beer O'clock.

vCash
    Thanks for the reports guys much appreciated! Sounds like the boys trotted out well on this first run but hope they keep things focused. The real litmus test will be in a couple of weeks. The Tahs hit the Blues 33-12 so they seemed to have fired as well. And good news there's no injuries? Nathan pulled up ok?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    She who shall be obeyed justed stopped Godwin from signing some little kids jersey over the fence said to come back at the end of the game Kyle said no it's fine and she said no come back later...this happened right in front of me very very poor form Kyles face was like WTF
    Three are a couple of those working at rugbyWA

vCash
    Full time Force 69 -3 Samoa A
    Twitter feed with the score as it happened
    https://twitter.com/search?q=FORvSAM&f=realtime

The Force kick-off and we're underway! Nice little linebreak for ‪@juniorrasolea

Force breaking through the Samoa A defence down the sideline. We get the penalty and kick it downfield for a lineout 10m out

Samoa A steal it off the back of the lineout and send it downfield. The boys are holding up nicely in defence

The badger is making some very good linebreaks tonight

Samoa A's Ki Anufe kicks the first points of the night with a penalty 30m out. Force 0 Samoa A 3

Back in Samoa A territory but we gift it back with a penalty for holding on

Force lineout 15m out and the boys send it wide

Penalty 5m out so we'll take the scrum. Great drive and we're over!
    TRY-TIME for ‪@AlbyMathewson with ‪@BenMcCalman passing it off the back of the scrum! Force 5 Samoa A 3

It's very windy down here at Lark Hill and that conversion falls well short!

Samoa A are a man down with the referee pulling out his yellow card

Beautiful run down field there ‪@KyleGodwin7! Good to see him back out there and looking good after the off-season shoulder surgery!

Samoa A down to 13 men with the referee showing another yellow card for what looks to be slowing it down before the try line

New scrum laws coming into play with Mathewson pinged for not feeding it straight

Amazing break from new recruit ‪@brache87 to send Jayden Hayward over for the try! Force 10 Samoa A 3

Hayward converts his try. Force are ahead 12-3

We're moving the ball very quickly out there! McCalman dodges through the defence & looks to be over...but the ref calls it back

Samoa A will line up their second penalty goal...and it's just wide

Head high hit on the badger but he bounces right back up again

Samoa A scrum inside the 22 in their territory. Tighthead scrum for the Force and ‪@BenMcCalman takes it over! Force 17 Samoa 3

The conversion is successful and we head into half-time. Force 19 Samoa A 3

Samoa A kick us off in the second half and they're quickly on the attack.

Scrum 10m. The Force keep the pressure on and it's a penalty try! ‪@z_holmes converts. Force 26 Samoa A 3

And we back it up with another! ‪@PaddyDellit is over in the corner! Force 38 Samoa A 3

TRY-TIME! Off the back of a maul but we aren't entirely sure who scored it...it was great though! Force 45 Samoa A 3 It was ‪@Pekcowan that scored that try off the back of the maul!

Samoa A with the ball but we turn it over again and send it down field quickly. We cough it up though with a loose pass

Force camped out on the try-line but we knock it on

New recruit Brynard Stander scores his first try for the Force! Force 50 Samoa A 3

A bit of posession exchange but the Force come out on top with new recruit ‪@Ljmorahan scoring the try! Force 55 Samoa A 3

The Force use the full width of the field and ‪@Dylan_Sage11 scores his first try! the new recruits are looking the goods tonight!

Sias Ebersohn slots the conversion to take the score, Force 62 Samoa A 3

Another try for ‪@Ljmorahan evading the Samoa A defence and it's converted by Ebersohn. Force 69 Samoa A 3

FULL-TIME: Western Force 69 Samoa A 3

Last edited by tdevil; 07-02-14 at 22:24.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Such a bloody 'jobsworth' that woman. She pees everyone off, including the boys.

vCash
    Was a shame to see it. However, my 6 year old told the dragon she had to get home to bed as she has swimming early tomorrow so will not be able to wait until the end of the game for autographs.

Was great & heartening to see a few good link ups between Holmes & Godwin in the 1st half. Our new Saffas looked the goods too. Watch out for Braiche & Steenkamp

Good hit out all in all. Got good strength in depth there. Had a chat with MMM. He said he's only weeks away

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Very impressed with Wykesy and Steenkamp. Both making yards. Nice to see forwards making ground all over the paddock.
    I think some of the SA abrasive attitude has rubbed of onto the HB who was looking to tear the gonads of a few Samoans at one stage.
    I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting year.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    How many of the Samoans play professionally?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast