Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hows your club looking for 2014?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Was just checking out the fixtures on RugbyWA and had a couple of points/questions:

1) It looks like they have changed the finals from 3 weeks to 2 weeks, personally I prefer it.

2) There are only 4 competitions showing on the website - Premier, Reserve, Championship A and Championship B. Is this it or will there be another lower social type grade, given that some clubs have 5 or 6 teams?

3) Looks like there will be a lot more travelling for 3rd and 4th grade clubs as they will now be playing teams like Bunbury, Mandurah, Southern Lions, Swan Suburbs, Joondalup etc Hopefully this doesn't affect playing numbers as the less committed players tend to disappear when these games crop up

4) I work out that for my club there will be 4 weeks out of 18 where 3rd and 4th grade are playing at a different ground to 1st and 2nd grade. This is not ideal but I guess this couldn't be helped with the new system.
    I see there are no Under 19 fixtures as yet. Anybody have any idea how many clubs are likely to be able to field a Colts team this season?
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Wests have a new Tongan prop with a bigger afro than Wykesy

Champion
    vCash
    How's Neddies looking this season Neymar 11

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymar11 View Post
    Wests have a new Tongan prop with a bigger afro than Wykesy
    you back this season bro?

Rookie
    vCash
    Haha couldn't tell you what Nate's up too this season boys. Think he'd struggle to get a 9 or 10 gig at Neddies. Heard Kala beefed up in the offseason. Josh Beer? or is he at Baysie?
    Any hotshot imports heading our way or is everyone keeping their recruits under wraps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymar11 View Post
    Haha couldn't tell you what Nate's up too this season boys. Think he'd struggle to get a 9 or 10 gig at Neddies. Heard Kala beefed up in the offseason. Josh Beer? or is he at Baysie?
    Any hotshot imports heading our way or is everyone keeping their recruits under wraps?
    Haha has he not made up his mind yet? Mate I am sure he will easily slot back in to the mix I think those boys were headed to Baysie but got diverted to Kala...?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    He's going nowhere
    Rayzor has relocated to Melbourne, while he tries to negotiate a deal in France. Hope he left Kala on good terms and not with a giant hole in their wallet.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I wish him well. He was a good servant of Kala last season, and delivered everything he promised.

I hope Kala honoured their commitment to him, and that WA rugby hasn't lost his talent because they didn't come up to the mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I wish him well. He was a good servant of Kala last season, and delivered everything he promised.

I hope Kala honoured their commitment to him, and that WA rugby hasn't lost his talent because they didn't come up to the mark.
    He also played/ coached the successful Southern Lions 7s team, picking up silverware in Borneo & Darwin ... however check the pictures of the Darwin celebration; it's one of sports' most interesting trophy's.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    He also played/ coached the successful Southern Lions 7s team, picking up silverware in Borneo & Darwin ... however check the pictures of the Darwin celebration; it's one of sports' most interesting trophy's.
    Was also paid to take the Kala academy for off/pre season which i don't think he fulfilled entirely. Best of luck to him anyway, big personality on and off the field and big loss for club rugby. Staying with Kala, sources tell me Kalamunda Airlines is touching down in Perth this week with a fresh bunch of bro's.

Champion
    vCash
    Just had a look at Tri Time Rugby recruitment and see that 2 first division clubs [doesn't say who]in Perth are chasing prospective first grade players with the promise of airfares,short term accommodation, job assistance and that I don't have a problem with but both clubs are also paying match fee's.Those clubs need to understand the damage they are doing to Perth rugby,most clubs simply can't afford to match that and all it does is create grief for everyone involved

Last edited by westies man; 07-02-14 at 20:03. Reason: f
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Just had a look at Tri Time Rugby recruitment and see that 2 first division clubs [doesn't say who]in Perth are chasing prospective first grade players with the promise of airfares,short term accommodation, job assistance and that I don't have a problem with but both clubs are also paying match fee's.Those clubs need to understand the damage they are doing to Perth rugby,most clubs simply can't afford to match that and all it does is create grief for everyone involved
    I think Perth is the only town in the world not paying proper money for rugby players playing rugby. Maybe we need to step outside of the box and wake up smelling the roses We will go nowhere slowly if we do not start looking after our more senior players. Shitty Perth Players are playing rugby in Europe and the Uk getting more money than our Extended Force squad players Do we want tpo be a profesional code or do we want to have a sport that is classed as shit by professional sportsmen

vCash
    OK phantom. Lets now charge admission fees for all 1st grade game becuase that's the only way the Clubs are going to be able to foot the bill for match fees.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Well said Bunter, while we're at it we can always organise more meat raffles,Bunnings sausage sizzles and anything else that can raise a quid to pay players.Phantom makes it sound so easy maybe he has some good ideas or is it easier to type words on a keyboard without having to put any real thought into the realities of running amateur sporting clubs.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Niko and Dave K are still at Kala. TalI has been to a couple of trainings, the two from Wests are training though Luggs had broken his hand and is out 12 weeks. Few boys coming up from the 20s. Few over from NZ.
    Jordy has left, Rayza off to Melbourne, Gray has gone north to travel/work. Kane says he is retired but is training.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast