Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RugbyWA removes all traditional shire, town and suburb boundaries

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    fairly easily it would appear,as these two clubs have been going a long time.

we are talking about a few kids,you are making much ado about nothing
    Those few kids are the future of Rugby in WA. Pity people like you have such a narrow minded point of view. Your thoughts are only based on your clubs inability to adjust to the times by doing more within your clubs catchment area to increase your junior numbers. By taking juniors from other areas of Perth only helps the trend of kids giving the game away at the 16-18 age group. This is when they tend to want to spend time in their local area with the mates that they go to school with or the girls they are chasing in the local area.

Your club does little to increase the base numbers of rugby players in this state. Other than to bring in players who are generally past it or entice them away from their junior clubs using cheque book rugby. This will do nothing for the future of the Western Force been made up of predominately home grown players.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Yea Gigs Wanneroo did not ask for this to happen but unfortunately the saying "if you cant beat them join them"
    yeah, but the difference is, that Neddies and Baysie are throwing facilities into suburbs which don't (as I understand) already have representation and then tuggin on the apron string of growing the game.

How are you going to do that when Ellenbrook is being served by a Baysie training facility....it just looks like rampant, mercenary gamesmanship.

Now both you and anybody from PB know I don't have any axe to grind with either of your clubs, but you're making it very hard to claim any moral high ground with this announcement.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Neddies and Baysie are throwing facilities into suburbs which don't (as I understand) already have representation
    My understanding is that Wanneroo have been working in Ellenbrook for some time. Facilities? You mean the Nedlands toilet block in the park at Hillarys? I'm not sure but I don't thin PB is building anything new in Ellenbrook either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Neddies and Baysie are throwing facilities into suburbs which don't (as I understand) already have representation
    My understanding is that Wanneroo have been working in Ellenbrook for some time. Facilities? You mean the Nedlands toilet block in the park at Hillarys? I'm not sure but I don't thin PB is building anything new in Ellenbrook either.
    I thought PB training kids in Ellenbrook was in the rugbyWA post.

If I'm wrong then I retract my previous post (because it was motivated by the ridiculousness of having two teams within streets of one another competing for kids)

To get cards on the table, from an outsiders point of view, I am all for getting kids playing rugby, and am ok if that means it's not the traditional route, ie Neddies looking for players outside their 'catchment' as long as they put some effort into the whole thing and it isn't a mercenary, political grab for kids who are already playing rugby with another club.

I think anybody who has the greater aims of the game will have trouble with arguing the brass tacks of that position.

The difficulty comes, in situations like this, in divining the actual intent of the club setting up the program (yes, Wholetruth, maybe I used the term 'facility' too loosely before) Neddies (and if I'm correct Baysie) have spotted a place which is AFAIK removed from the existing club and tried to set up some training there. No wts might be a shameless grab for half a dozen good Wanneroo or Joondalup players who live there, I certainly don't know that, but if it is, it's elegantly enough disguised that Neddies can pull out the 'grow the game' card and say they are providing a program for existing Neddies juniors and opening it to local kids without targeting existing players (knowing full well that 15 minutes in a car is enough to sway many parents towards a particular club)

If Baysie are opening training at Ellenbrook, they have the same excuse already loaded and ready to fire. By announcing theirs second Wanneroo don't have that luxury and will always look as though they're just grabbing for players out of the other program. Might not be the way it is, but it's the way it looks!

C'mon the

vCash
    Everyone knows that Pieter has a massive chip on his shoulders when it corms to Baysie and it would have pissed him right off to Learn they were making the move to Ellenbrook his home town his own stomping ground hence the reactionary action to announce That the roodogs would make the move there also it's that simple.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    .And good old wests who took a whole team from cotts last season will still be developing children from the seagulls area,
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The coach in question had a personality clash with a few senior committee members at Cott and although it didn't sit well with us he was allowed to bring his team to us on our terms to which he has abided by.
    I personally contacted a Cott stalwart to inform him of this situation and he was of the opinion as was I that it was important for the kids to keep playing.
    I fail to understand Ex Pat why you continue to keep deriding volunteers from other clubs who have nothing but the best interests of junior rugby at heart.
    If I was you I would be more concerned about the real reason's players from your championship winning 14 and 15's have contacted us wanting to play for us this season.
    They will be required to purchase their playing gear and pay subs like everyone else unlike the current situation that exists at your club where certain players have that provided for them.
    I'll give you some advice,why don't you buy a full sized mirror and spend say a day or two having a F@*#ING good look into it

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Everyone knows that Pieter has a massive chip on his shoulders when it corms to Baysie and it would have pissed him right off to Learn they were making the move to Ellenbrook his home town his own stomping ground hence the reactionary action to announce That the roodogs would make the move there also it's that simple.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Gaffa I am not involved with the Ellenbrook training venture. It will be aimed at U6 to U9 age group and will be run by the U6 to U9 coaching staff and coordinator. it was a junior committee decision to follow suite and give our current 80+ members in Ellenbrook an secondary training venue.
    Not once have I said that what Baysie is doing is wrong, Baysie was merely joining in on the action after RugbyWA allowed Nedlands to raped the system in the name of growing the game.
    I have nothing against Baysie setting up shop in Ellenbrook and I have no chip on my shoulder about Baysie I have lots of good fiends there and we get along well.

vCash
    So how is baysies move different from Neddies?

And how is your shoring up of Ellenbrook different from that?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    I have lots of good fiends there
    Ah, customers - no wonder you like them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    you still haven't told me where Soaks & Uni's catchment areas are supposed to be
    In the past few years Soaks and Uni have relied on networks - mainly Mr Valentine at Hale for SOAKs, and a focussed coaching group at UNI with Buddha, and recently Mitch Hardy . There is nothing wrong with this, it just shows there are other ways than focussing on catchment areas.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Not to metion allegations that a certain coach promised young players that his club had close links to the RugbyWA academy and it would be better for them to play where he was.
    Always denied of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I personally contacted a Cott stalwart to inform him of this situation
    To avoid accusations of poaching etc,this is all that needs to be done. A manager from one club calls the other club and advises what is happening - then no-one can say we didn't know about this, blah, blah , blah.

On accusations of poaching, there are occasions where Wests could have rightfully accepted players from other clubs, but they didn't, in order to avoid any "bad blood".

Champion
    vCash
    You used to wind me up a while ago Ralto but It was all in good fun.I think you are a closet Wests boy

Last edited by westies man; 27-01-14 at 19:50. Reason: s
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    The battle for the Rugby heart and soul of Ellenbrook continues with the Mungoes establishing the Ellenbrook Rabitohs http://www.facebook.com/ellenbrookrabbitohs

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Are they just juniors or do they have a seniors side as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast